• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sellidor

Reaction score
Does anyone know how SS comes up with the measurements on their website?

I was browsing it just now and happened to see that they list a chest measurement of 48.4" for the Jort in 46R. This seems a little off to me just based on feel so I pulled my Jort out and measured the chest. At MOST, the chest measures a little over 23" across, meaning maybe a bit over 46 around. Just to be sure I measured my Lazio/Hudson too and got the same result vs the website. There is no way I could pull or stretch the jacket to get anywhere close to 48" with the button done up. Does this seem right?

Just to be sure I measured the BOC, which seems to be about right as per the website, so I know my tape measure isn't off by 2".

I have also found my Havana jackets to be shorter than what's listed on the website.

Marc S

Reaction score
Navy S130 VBC Custom Made Order is here!!!! This is the same specs as the gray one I posted previously, only with lightly padded Lazio-Style shoulder instead of structured Washington-style shoulder. This one is also full canvas instead of half canvas.

Thoughts on fit? Any suggestions on alterations I should have done?

Wow the fabric is soft and light (I’ve never had a S130 garment) - a different ball game from the S110 for sure. Quite a different and noticeable feel.

Here is a link to an album with both the navy and grey (navy pics below as well):

78C9C9F9-BC12-4BE9-99C6-3E56D4995DB7.jpeg
D8DE91DA-8134-41E5-BF0C-A204D881B4F3.jpeg
81B37BA9-0B13-4F81-B1D9-0A817B8CC6C2.jpeg
A2FFB1F6-0FDD-4BE9-9457-5F8093316AF2.jpeg

Last edited:

nevaeh

Reaction score
Navy S130 VBC Custom Made Order is here!!!! This is the same specs as the gray one I posted previously, only with lightly padded Lazio-Style shoulder instead of structured Washington-style shoulder. This one is also full canvas instead of half canvas.

Thoughts on fit? Any suggestions on alterations I should have done?

Wow the fabric is soft and light (I’ve never had a S130 garment) - a different ball game from the S110 for sure. Quite a different and noticeable feel.

Here is a link to an album with both the navy and grey (navy pics below as well):

View attachment 1400648 View attachment 1400649 View attachment 1400650 View attachment 1400651

Looks good! Are those five buttons on the sleeve? I’m ambivalent about that many buttons—that’s the only thing, but it’s super super personal preference and does not detract from the aesthetic of the suit.

The lighting is probably artificially causing it to look more black than blue. But having seen swatches of that fabric, I know its definitely more blue than that.

I’ll let the suit experts chime in, but maybe (maybe) it’s slightly tight around the waist or the hips? This might be the tag causing a optical allusion, certainly for the waist. But definitely looks good.

Last edited:

Marc S

Reaction score
Looks good! Are those five buttons on the sleeve? I’m ambivalent about that many buttons—that’s the only thing, but it’s super super personal preference and does not detract from the aesthetic of the suit.

The lighting is probably artificially causing it to look more black than blue. But having seen swatches of that fabric, I know its definitely more blue than that.

I’ll let the suit experts chime in, but maybe (maybe) it’s slightly tight around the waist or the hips? This might be the tag causing a virtual allusion, certainly for the waist. But definitely looks good.

Yessir! 5 buttons on the sleeve per Elliott (SA)’s recommendation so I went with it. Not sure my opinion on it yet but I do sort of like that it’s different. Haha.

And yes, the lighting and terrible mirror angle make it look much darker than it is - although yes, it is a deep dark navy blue.

Thanks!!

nevaeh

Reaction score
Yessir! 5 buttons on the sleeve per Elliott (SA)’s recommendation so I went with it. Not sure my opinion on it yet but I do sort of like that it’s different. Haha.

And yes, the lighting and terrible mirror angle make it look much darker than it is - although yes, it is a deep dark navy blue.

Thanks!!

For sure! With 5 buttons, it’s a sign of custom. How much did the S130 with full canvas end up costing?

I also like the lapel width. That’s the standard lapel, right?

EUtroll

Reaction score
Just went through the new (?) customisation tool, and that would be 400 euros.

Many great options! Just lacking variety of fabrics but waiting for fall so there's still time.

Whitehall

Reaction score

Thanks!!

Edit: was complaining about being unable to find some of these options on the UK configurator, but have just found it (it is well tucked away, mind!)

Marc S

Reaction score
For sure! With 5 buttons, it’s a sign of custom. How much did the S130 with full canvas end up costing?

I also like the lapel width. That’s the standard lapel, right?

On cost - get ready for it - you might recall from earlier in the thread there were a few days where they were running and insane sale on S130 fabrics. Base price - $399 + $100 to upgrade to full canvas.

Lapel width - yessir! Normal lapel width. I measured them at 3.5".

nevaeh

Reaction score
On cost - get ready for it - you might recall from earlier in the thread there were a few days where they were running and insane sale on S130 fabrics. Base price - $399 + $100 to upgrade to full canvas.

Lapel width - yessir! Normal lapel width. I measured them at 3.5".

Whoa! $500 for a full canvas?! And an S130 at that. That can't be beat!

Marc S

Reaction score
Hey all, could I get your advice on the fit of this suit? This is one I’ve had for years. Bonobos Jetsetter suit. I believe it is half canvassed. Insanely comfortable.

It looks black in the pic (and to my co workers’ eyes) but it’s actually a verrrrrrrrrrry dark charcoal.

As I’ve been looking at and enjoying my SuSu purchases, I’ve been looking at the rest of my wardrobe. This one is obviously slimmer and the lapels are right at 3”. It’s also about an inch shorter than the Custom Mades, but that’s quite hard to see in this photo.

I’m curious how you think this style/fit might last. It’s been my funeral/presenting at conference type of suit for a few years; I’m wondering if it will be long-lasting in terms of fit in style, or if I should start thinking about replacing it for my next suit purchase :)

Thanks as always!
D42BB60A-5881-4427-8D93-CA97C34ABFBA.jpeg
074894C2-16F3-47F4-9864-49D827E85877.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads