• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

n2pua

Reaction score
Lower buttoning stance would be fantastic, it's my main gripe with their jackets.

although a classic since day one, mine are functioning buttonholes ..... always and forever. had they omitted this ..... i'd have locked down a jort & la spalla every season.

Marc S

Reaction score
Lower buttoning stance would be fantastic, it's my main gripe with their jackets.

The button stance on my Custom Made suit was lowered about 1-1.5 inches from an OTR Lazio in the same size. It looks awesome. Highly recommended.

BlairW

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on this:
havana.PNG

MrSuited

Reaction score
The button stance on my Custom Made suit was lowered about 1-1.5 inches from an OTR Lazio in the same size. It looks awesome. Highly recommended.

I also noticed a lower button stance on my custom made suit as well, but I wouldn't say it's that much of a difference. Did you shorten your jacket by 1-1.5 inches?

pomor

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on this:
View attachment 1399639

Wow, looks like the old Mercer? Does a three-roll give at least the impression of a lower stance? I probably skipped this model while browsing because it looked too short in the first stock photo on the guy (as per usual) https://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jac...d=Jackets&prefn1=colorID&prefv1=blue&pdp=true

Damn, full canvas, nice pattern, great fabric mix, Hudson-ish lapels (??). I need to be talked out of this.... Just when I had my sights set on the next outlet... Can I justify spending $699 plus tax on this one jacket rather than getting 2-3 so-so jackets??

Unrelated, but is NZ still the least-hit Corona country? Are people wearing masks and is everything open?

Last edited:

pomor

Reaction score
I just looked through my closet and I actually have an old Washington-half that has a similar pattern and fabric mix from EThomas albeit a couple of shades lighter color....

I need to be content and hope people don’t have the money, and this will end up in the (January?) outlet. I would definitely keep an eye for it there...

And now I am thinking it will probably be down to only like $499 instead of the 50%. They have been stingy with discounts on Jorts and higher-end Havanas... I wish I had never seen your post..

Last edited:

japejapejape

Reaction score
I just looked through my closet and I actually have an old Washington-half that has a similar pattern and fabric mix from EThomas albeit a couple of shades lighter color....

I need to be content and hope people don’t have the money, and this will end up in the (January?) outlet. I would definitely keep an eye for it there...

And now I am thinking it will probably be down to only like $499 instead of the 50%. They have been stingy with discounts on Jorts and higher-end Havanas... I wish I had never seen your post..
This will hit the outlet imo
Their stock isn’t moving like it usually is and higher price items aren’t selling anywhere

BlairW

Reaction score
Wow, looks like the old Mercer? Does a three-roll give at least the impression of a lower stance? I probably skipped this model while browsing because it looked too short in the first stock photo on the guy (as per usual) https://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jac...d=Jackets&prefn1=colorID&prefv1=blue&pdp=true

Damn, full canvas, nice pattern, great fabric mix, Hudson-ish lapels (??). I need to be talked out of this.... Just when I had my sights set on the next outlet... Can I justify spending $699 plus tax on this one jacket rather than getting 2-3 so-so jackets??

Unrelated, but is NZ still the least-hit Corona country? Are people wearing masks and is everything open?

According to their CS it does have a lower button stance. Pretty sure all their models are wearing a size too small, I’m also convinced the model’s static shots are photoshopped to remove any signs of pulling, wrinkling etc. I think you should just buy it mate and be done with it!

I don’t know if we are the least hit but no new cases for 12 days in a row and only one known active case! Everywhere is open but with protocols in place. I feel like a privileged a-hole when watching the news lately..

photos mandatory

You know it

n2pua

Reaction score
just curious ..... does anyone of average height take the risk of sizing up one, but going with the short model .... i.e. 38reg to 40short ?

i'm 5'10 with a slightly shorter torso. could always get away with my usual size, but could never live with hacking the sleeves, so i attempted this size-up with a jort some years back to get around the functioning buttonhole issue. the added room in the shoulders & chest was actually fantastic and the sleeves barely needed to be touched. however, my seat was definitely not completely covered. not schoolboy blazer short, but i felt just a bit of bum was a bridge too far, so i sold it.

i'm probably just cursed to custom MTM, but i'm not letting a tailor take apart a pleated shoulder to raise to the sleeve, only to lose width i need going RTW.

compuccesory

Reaction score
Does anyone know how SS comes up with the measurements on their website?

I was browsing it just now and happened to see that they list a chest measurement of 48.4" for the Jort in 46R. This seems a little off to me just based on feel so I pulled my Jort out and measured the chest. At MOST, the chest measures a little over 23" across, meaning maybe a bit over 46 around. Just to be sure I measured my Lazio/Hudson too and got the same result vs the website. There is no way I could pull or stretch the jacket to get anywhere close to 48" with the button done up. Does this seem right?

Just to be sure I measured the BOC, which seems to be about right as per the website, so I know my tape measure isn't off by 2".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads