• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zewill

Reaction score
Picked up a DB Cashmere Overcoat in the outlet for £250. Regular retail was £500. Even at £500, how are they doing that? It's ~15oz Colombo cashmere. I understand they're buying in real bulk, and have the patterns so intricately mapped across the roll of fabric that they're probably using 2/3 of what a bespoke overcoat would need, but even so, the value seems absurd.

Anyone care to guess what SS must be buying these fabrics for? I doubt I could get my hands on Colombo cashmere for less than £300/m.

great question. always thought mills produced FOR susu and like with outlet brands quality was definitely inferior vs the real full price product. i dunno. i also got a half price cashmere and very happy with it :)

sarteaga

Reaction score
So I found out the shipment my suit is in should arrive at the warehouse on Tuesday (which is one day after three weeks). Then, they have to steam and sort everything out and ship to the end user. Still pretty good time, I’ll keep everyone updated.

My custom order just came in today. A little bit over 3 weeks but considering everything that is going on I am still impressed that they got it done within 1 week or less of the quoted time. Mine arrived at the warehouse yesterday and I received it today. I tried on the jacket a few minutes ago and really my only issue is that the quarters are a little too closed; giving it more of a II shape below the buttoning point than a ) ( shape. Will try trousers tomorrow. Waistcoat which I ordered almost a week plus later; should be in next week.

As of now; overall I am happy with it. Will give it a proper press and try it on with a proper shirt in the next day or so.

Contango

Reaction score
@Contango Ive got a Navy Vicenza that I’ve had for 1.5 seasons. It’s well made, showing no signs of wear and warm enough for NZ winters so would probably be good for Aus too.
Took your advice and picked one up on my first day back in the office today - seems to be the perfect weight, thanks!

Marc S

Reaction score
Pics or it didn’t happen. That goes for all of your posting about items you’ve picked up.

Ask and you shall receive sir! This was delivered today. I really love it Elliott has a good eye on what to adjust based solely on pictures.

I am somewhat second guessing the structured/roped shoulder; in essence I got a Lazio with Washington shoulders. What do you guys think about that on my frame?

Overall - now I can say I HIGHLY recommend Custom Made now.

024F919A-E37C-41F4-BC91-1A30CD914905.jpeg
E98EF6B7-57A5-41FB-9118-8174CCFE3E36.jpeg
E0272FC2-BD0F-4AC6-8E26-21BE8D35D5B9.jpeg
C26DAD32-A0B8-40C0-A55D-A6D7A6AB1DC6.jpeg

compuccesory

Reaction score
Ask and you shall receive sir! This was delivered today. I really love it Elliott has a good eye on what to adjust based solely on pictures.

I am somewhat second guessing the structured/roped shoulder; in essence I got a Lazio with Washington shoulders. What do you guys think about that on my frame?

View attachment 1396852 View attachment 1396853 View attachment 1396854 View attachment 1396855
I like it (the structured shoulders) a lot better than the others.

ScofieldReturns

Reaction score
In need of some advice from a custom order I just got:

It's the navy wool/silk/linen from piacenza fabric and I got the wide lapel half lined havana in an attempt to duplicate the old hudson fit:

1590702061011.jpg

However, I simply didn't realize the lapels would be so WIDE. they are 4.75" wide. does this look ridic on me? I'm 5-6 for reference. Should I just return it? It otherwise fits great

For further reference, this is my best fitting sportcoat (a silk/linen from E Thomas in the Hudson). Note how perfect the lapel width is:

1590702061775-jpg.1396892

For further reference, I was avoiding the Havana because I think the lapel is a tad too skinny and the fit isn't the best on me

1590702061386.jpg

so yeah my main issue is with the wide lapels on the custom....is it too cartoony for me?

Attachments

• 1590702061775.jpg
    1590702061775.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 492
  • 1590702061386.jpg
    1590702061386.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 50

Marc S

Reaction score
In need of some advice from a custom order I just got:

It's the navy wool/silk/linen from piacenza fabric and I got the wide lapel half lined havana in an attempt to duplicate the old hudson fit:

View attachment 1396901

However, I simply didn't realize the lapels would be so WIDE. they are 4.75" wide. does this look ridic on me? I'm 5-6 for reference. Should I just return it? It otherwise fits great

For further reference, this is my best fitting sportcoat (a silk/linen from E Thomas in the Hudson). Note how perfect the lapel width is:

1590702061775-jpg.1396892

For further reference, I was avoiding the Havana because I think the lapel is a tad too skinny and the fit isn't the best on me

View attachment 1396902

so yeah my main issue is with the wide lapels on the custom....is it too cartoony for me?

I would return it honestly. Those lapels are just too wide in my opinion.

I was warned when doing my Custom Order that “wide” would be ridiculously wide and “narrow” would be clinically narrow if I was to choose either option. However they don’t give you too many more details than that.

nevaeh

Reaction score

View attachment 1396852 View attachment 1396853 View attachment 1396854 View attachment 1396855

This looks great! I think the structured shoulder looks fine, too. Do you have any comparisons, on you specifically, between a structured Lazio and a lightly-padded Lazio?

Also, are those mother of pearl buttons? They look nice.

hschrapel

Reaction score
I would return it honestly. Those lapels are just too wide in my opinion.

I was warned when doing my Custom Order that “wide” would be ridiculously wide and “narrow” would be clinically narrow if I was to choose either option. However they don’t give you too many more details than that.
I agree to some extent, but I guess a wide lapel can be pulled off on certain physiques (I hope so as I ordered a few with wide haha)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads