• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Konnor

Reaction score
Ah, gotcha. I recall a similar situation about 1.5 months ago. Took them several weeks after receiving the return to return the funds. Kept asking customer service and they would just confirm it had been received and the refund would be issued.
As long as you got it I’m not worried lol.

CorozoButton

Reaction score
Picked up a DB Cashmere Overcoat in the outlet for £250. Regular retail was £500. Even at £500, how are they doing that? It's ~15oz Colombo cashmere. I understand they're buying in real bulk, and have the patterns so intricately mapped across the roll of fabric that they're probably using 2/3 of what a bespoke overcoat would need, but even so, the value seems absurd.

Anyone care to guess what SS must be buying these fabrics for? I doubt I could get my hands on Colombo cashmere for less than £300/m.

MrSuited

Reaction score
Also returned some outlet stuff 3 weeks ago and still no refund. Reached out to customer service and they said there has been a delay in processing refunds, so I'm just patiently waiting

archipel

Reaction score
Picked up a DB Cashmere Overcoat in the outlet for £250. Regular retail was £500. Even at £500, how are they doing that? It's ~15oz Colombo cashmere. I understand they're buying in real bulk, and have the patterns so intricately mapped across the roll of fabric that they're probably using 2/3 of what a bespoke overcoat would need, but even so, the value seems absurd.

Anyone care to guess what SS must be buying these fabrics for? I doubt I could get my hands on Colombo cashmere for less than £300/m.

Yeah I'm wondering the same thing about their cashmere and camel wool. I have a camel coat. The normal one retails for €500 but everywhere else I see a coat with camel wool it is much more expensive, just as your cashmere coat.

crazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I'm wondering the same thing about their cashmere and camel wool. I have a camel coat. The normal one retails for €500 but everywhere else I see a coat with camel wool it is much more expensive, just as your cashmere coat.
I've stopped trying to make sense of the SuSu economics of scale... I'm thankful that such goods are now reasonably priced

Sellidor

Reaction score

I don't really know, but I would note that their overcoats are fairly short and and the fabric is quite thin.

japejapejape

Reaction score
Got an email that the custom made jacket order shipped today the 26th of May and I placed the order with a rep on the 26th of April.

not bad at all.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If any of you are interested, I will post my article on the SuSu La Spalla review i finished today. It is by far my second favorite suit from the outlet (after the Jort light brown check) but I wouldn't buy full price.

DSC00502-2.jpg

MrSuited

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in some very gently used suits, jackets and waistcoats in size 32R I have some available for sale. I'll post some pictures below.

1590561698987.png

1590561759562.png

emiratiAL

Reaction score
What is the most traditional / relaxed sport coats fit on Suit Supply?

I want to avoid anything too modern / too short / super extra slim fit etc.

For reference I wear S&M contemporary fit.

Thanks

caschta

Reaction score
Sportcoats are mostly (90%) Havana fit, which is more like a S&M Slim. More "relaxed" is a Sienna / Napoli, but those are suit-fits.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks
As mentioned below, the Fits are 95% Havana. Last season they introduced 1-2 Washington pieces and there are some jort drops. All are slim and extra slim fit. If you want another fit your only bet is sienna and Napoli throng their custom made.

zewill

Reaction score

Thanks
I would say havana. It's slim fit but fits exactly like spier and mackay, i know, i have many of both. An issue with susu though is the jackets will be (too?) short in lengh and in sleevelengh (working buttons is annoying too)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads