• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EthansAlley

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what other options do you get with Custom Made? There are the aspects visible to customers on their website: fabric, fit, inner lining color, trouser style, and button color. Accessible to sales reps: shoulder structure, level of canvas, adjustment of proportions (shoulders, sleeve length, jacket button placement, etc.), what else?

The options I like the best for in-store custom made is the sleeve length and pants circumference. I wear a 38R jacket, but I have long arms and require the 42L sleeve length. They were able to give me the 38R jacket with the same sleeve length as a 42L. Also, I have big thighs, calves, and seat, and they were able to give me the size 32 Brescia pants with an added circumference to the thighs, seat, and lower leg.

Marc S

Reaction score
Agreed! Had a not so great experience with a Custom Made Havana suit I posted about a little earlier that I returned. And by the way, @dgomes, shame on me, looks I did not take any pictures of the shoulders fit before returning or perhaps I deleted the photos. Sorry about that.

Correction, found the photos. Here you go, not nearly as bad is this photo as I remember thinking it was in person haha. Maybe my taste has just moved to a more structured shoulder.
F542ECBC-6C03-4845-B29B-7C1B222A2584.jpeg

Marc S

Reaction score
Right around three weeks, seems like they were able to keep the delivery target for you, albeit on the higher end of the range. And I'm sure it will fit. But doesn't Suit Supply allow returns with Custom Made? Worst case, if it looks like a horrendous fit, you can send back the suit.

So I found out the shipment my suit is in should arrive at the warehouse on Tuesday (which is one day after three weeks). Then, they have to steam and sort everything out and ship to the end user. Still pretty good time, I’ll keep everyone updated.

Marc S

Reaction score
IMG_3014.jpg
IMG_3016.jpg
IMG_3017.jpg
IMG_3018.jpg
IMG_3050.jpg
IMG_3053.jpg
1883378 jpg.jpeg

Last edited:

nevaeh

Reaction score
Last edited:

Marc S

Reaction score
Great suit

Also. What! When and why did they change the button stance on the Lazio?! I, too, liked the lower button stance. I wonder whether my new Lazios will have higher button stances, when compared to my older ones ... ugh. :(

Thank you! Hope a 36R on the forum agrees :)

I should clarify my button stance comment. I don’t know if they specifically raised it at some point, but this is an older model (a few years I believe) and it’s definitely a bit lower. Honestly, even the stock photo I attached shows this when compared to current stock photos on the website, which is what attracted me to the suit in the first place haha.

So yeah, I’m with you 100%. Lower that stance again SuSu! Pretty minor difference though.

nevaeh

Reaction score
Thank you! Hope a 36R on the forum agrees :)

I should clarify my button stance comment. I don’t know if they specifically raised it at some point, but this is an older model (a few years I believe) and it’s definitely a bit lower. Honestly, even the stock photo I attached shows this when compared to current stock photos on the website, which is what attracted me to the suit in the first place haha.

So yeah, I’m with you 100%. Lower that stance again SuSu! Pretty minor difference though.

Haha! Come to think of it, I’ll ask my brother-in-law if he needs any more suits in his life. He’s either a 36 or 38. What’s the fabric? Any chance you’d be able to post a picture of the configuration tag from the jacket’s right pocket please?

For sure about the difference being minor. But, you’re right, there does appear to be a slight, slight raising of the button stance in the new suits. The new one still looks quite sharp. Now I’m mostly curious about what lead to this change, because changing base patterns likely isn’t a straightforward endeavor.

9338DDB3-0732-4E73-9DE3-07B5D1103198.jpeg

(This from a model that is currently offered on Suit Supply’s website. The button stance does seem slightly higher.)

Last edited:

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The button stance only looks high because his suit is one size too small.

Chadclass

Reaction score
This is the new Jort cotton suit in case anyone wondered about it's fit and appearance.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1b50.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1b50.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 131

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
need another outlet. Love how the jort SCs fit me

Marc S

Reaction score
Has anyone done returns lately? I returned two items into a store 3 weeks ago and still have not received a refund.

That’s strange. I would contact the store first via phone and if they are not sure why, call the main number.

Konnor

Reaction score
That’s strange. I would contact the store first via phone and if they are not sure why, call the main number.
I’ve reached out to customer service several times. It was an outlet and custom order, so it had to be shipped back from the store. Still, the tracking number they gave me has the items delivered 2 weeks ago.

Marc S

Reaction score
I’ve reached out to customer service several times. It was an outlet and custom order, so it had to be shipped back from the store. Still, the tracking number they gave me has the items delivered 2 weeks ago.

Ah, gotcha. I recall a similar situation about 1.5 months ago. Took them several weeks after receiving the return to return the funds. Kept asking customer service and they would just confirm it had been received and the refund would be issued.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads