• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get it, it was just a general feedback I wanted to share, because you post a lot of pictures of yourself in this thread so whether I like it or not, I see your fits. :D
Just to clarify! I was not offended or anything I had just woken up haha! Feedback is good. If it weren't for you all I wouldn't have noticed the "problem" I have with my rise.

Chadclass

Reaction score
Took the Jort silk/linen herringbone jacket for a spin today.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1b1d.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1b1d.jpeg
    323.6 KB · Views: 134

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the gurkha shorts? I like the width of the waistband the colour and material. But with a wide waistband like these have, they would have to be high rise (at least at the belly button, preferably higher), and a wider leg to look really good. If anyone has a real life picture of it I would be very thankful.

EthansAlley

Reaction score
Random question, and perhaps this may not be the best thread to ask this. Suit Supply's Sienna suits come with "sous bras," pads on the inside of the jacket, under the armpits, that help absorb perspiration.

Does anyone know whether these can be installed on jackets after the fact? Or do they have to be placed when the jacket is first made?

I don’t know if SuSu tailors do it, but I know there are tailors that can add it. I had an underarm sweating problem where sweat got into my suit jacket lining. What helped me is switching to the Thompson Tee. It has a sweat absorbing pad in the underarm area so sweat doesn’t get past your undershirt. It saved me heavily on my dry cleaning bill.

ahtynes

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the gurkha shorts? I like the width of the waistband the colour and material. But with a wide waistband like these have, they would have to be high rise (at least at the belly button, preferably higher), and a wider leg to look really good. If anyone has a real life picture of it I would be very thankful.

They are high rise. 11.5 or 12 inch rise, I think. They sit above the belly button on me.

Marc S

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience ordering an unstructured suit through the MTM or new custom program? Interested in how the shoulders have turned out in the jackets.

I had one done in January (Havana Custom Made) and did not like how the shoulders turned out at all. It's tough to say what was specifically off with them, I will find the photos I took and post here. Strangely, I am usually happy with OTR Havana fit.

Marc S

Reaction score
Hopefully you have better luck than me
I have had 3 custom made orders and none of them hit their expected ship date and that was before they said it would only take 2-3 weeks

I just ordered a jacket in April 26 and I just got an email today that it just left their workshop and it’s on the way to the warehouse...another email will follow when they ship it out to me. So it will probably be around 5 weeks total. I’m not complaining though they might want to adjust their projected delivery times.

Just got the same email today that it is being sent to their warehouse and another email will follow when shipped to me.

Keep us updated, would love to hear when you get your shipping email! :)

nevaeh

Reaction score
Just got the same email today that it is being sent to their warehouse and another email will follow when shipped to me.

Keep us updated, would love to hear when you get your shipping email! :)

Nice! Please share details when it makes it to the warehouse and when you receive the order. Of course, photos also please. When did you place the order?

Also, does anyone know where Suit Supply's workshop and warehouses are located? Is the workshop for custom made suits the same as the one for their RTW clothes? For the United States, I have received orders from Secaucus, New Jersey, so presume that's the U.S. warehouse.

Marc S

Reaction score
Nice! Please share details when it makes it to the warehouse and when you receive the order. Of course, photos also please. When did you place the order?

Also, does anyone know where Suit Supply's workshop and warehouses are located? Is the workshop for custom made suits the same as the one for their RTW clothes? For the United States, I have received orders from Secaucus, New Jersey, so presume that's the U.S. warehouse.

Placed my order May 4th. So three weeks from then would be May 25th. I'm very anxious to get the suit and try it on haha.

Not sure about warehouse location for custom made but if I find out will post here!

nevaeh

Reaction score
Placed my order May 4th. So three weeks from then would be May 25th. I'm very anxious to get the suit and try it on haha.

Not sure about warehouse location for custom made but if I find out will post here!

Right around three weeks, seems like they were able to keep the delivery target for you, albeit on the higher end of the range. And I'm sure it will fit. But doesn't Suit Supply allow returns with Custom Made? Worst case, if it looks like a horrendous fit, you can send back the suit.

Marc S

Reaction score
Right around three weeks, seems like they were able to keep the delivery target for you, albeit on the higher end of the range. And I'm sure it will fit. But doesn't Suit Supply allow returns with Custom Made? Worst case, if it looks like a horrendous fit, you can send back the suit.

Agreed! Had a not so great experience with a Custom Made Havana suit I posted about a little earlier that I returned. And by the way, @dgomes, shame on me, looks I did not take any pictures of the shoulders fit before returning or perhaps I deleted the photos. Sorry about that.

Anyway - yes based on my video conference call with Elliott, I think I will be very happy with the fit. He looked at several photos of me in a RTW Lazio and adjusted button stance, shoulder width, sleeve length, and a few other things. Obviously nowhere near as good as in person, but his recommendations seemed dead on to what I need.

dgomes

Reaction score
Agreed! Had a not so great experience with a Custom Made Havana suit I posted about a little earlier that I returned. And by the way, @dgomes, shame on me, looks I did not take any pictures of the shoulders fit before returning or perhaps I deleted the photos. Sorry about that.

Anyway - yes based on my video conference call with Elliott, I think I will be very happy with the fit. He looked at several photos of me in a RTW Lazio and adjusted button stance, shoulder width, sleeve length, and a few other things. Obviously nowhere near as good as in person, but his recommendations seemed dead on to what I need.

Were there any new shoulder constructions available in the custom program? I have two MTM suits made with Suitsupply, one with a natural shoulder (similar to Sienna) and the second pleated (similar to La Spalla) but would want one closer to the shoulders in the RTW Havana.

Marc S

Reaction score
Were there any new shoulder constructions available in the custom program? I have two MTM suits made with Suitsupply, one with a natural shoulder (similar to Sienna) and the second pleated (similar to La Spalla) but would want one closer to the shoulders in the RTW Havana.

Here are the Shoulder Options I had. I have ordered three custom suits - one in the first order, and two in the second. On the one that is on its way to the warehouse, I went with a structured shoulder (same as on the Washington), which was described to me as "roped." The other two I went with Lightly Padded, the shoulder they use on the Lazio.
1590081530995.png

nevaeh

Reaction score
Here are the Shoulder Options I had. I have ordered three custom suits - one in the first order, and two in the second. On the one that is on its way to the warehouse, I went with a structured shoulder (same as on the Washington), which was described to me as "roped." The other two I went with Lightly Padded, the shoulder they use on the Lazio. View attachment 1392654

Out of curiosity, what other options do you get with Custom Made? There are the aspects visible to customers on their website: fabric, fit, inner lining color, trouser style, and button color. Accessible to sales reps: shoulder structure, level of canvas, adjustment of proportions (shoulders, sleeve length, jacket button placement, etc.), what else?

Dizzy8108

Reaction score

Yes, custom made can be returned. At least they could under the old program when I ordered 3 months. Can't say for the brand new one they just launched but I would assume the same.

The warehouse is in New Jersey. I had a custom order set to be delivered to my local store the day after they closed all the stores down. It was odd because the pants and jackets (2 pair) were delivered to the store the last day they were open and I was able to pick them up before closing, but the vests shipped the day after them so they didn't make it until the next day. So the vests sat in UPS limbo here in Dallas for a month before finally being delivered to New Jersey and then reshipped to my home back here in Dallas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads