• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hschrapel

Reaction score
I have a pair of the Berwick 1707 Belgian loafers, and they're great. The last is a bit on the narrow side, but I appreciated the rubber sole default as opposed to the whole leather bottom. I've read that with leather soled belgians, they recommend having a rubber sole added wearing in the shoe

SS 376

Reaction score
Are Suitsupply shoes worth the price? The tassel loafers come out to $265 compared to a shoe brand (Meermin) at $210. Is this just because its Suitsupply and they know they can still sell it marked up?

They’re a good value if you purchase through the outlet (like I did) where some models were $99. Otherwise, I’d go with Meermin or other brands available at that price point. It’s a bit dramatic to say they’re garbage like others have mentioned but you definitely have better options in the $200-300 range.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look okay when new but if you want a good indication for the actual quality of Susu shoes, look at their sales assistants. Without exception their shoes look super worn-down and cheap.

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with their havana 97/3 cotton/elastane suits?

Dizzy8108

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the difference between Regular and Short are when it comes to pants? I placed a order in store for 2 custom made suits a few weeks ago. Just got notification that they started production, but the email lists the pants as 42S. I am 5'11 so this seems very odd to me. I looked at the size charts on their website and the only difference it lists is in the inseam, 33.5 on the short and 35.3 on the long. Is this really on the only difference? No difference in seat?

If the inseam is indeed the only difference then I guess it makes sense that it is a short since my inseam is less than that and I didn't get cuffs. But I worry that there might be other differences that will make them unwearable.

Also, does anyone know typically how long it takes for them to make the suit once it goes into production? They quoted me 8-9 weeks due to the coronavirus but I figured it wasn't going to take another 6 weeks for them to make the suit and ship it here.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Also, does anyone know typically how long it takes for them to make the suit once it goes into production? They quoted me 8-9 weeks due to the coronavirus but I figured it wasn't going to take another 6 weeks for them to make the suit and ship it here.
With their new factory, they said 2-3 weeks typically

pomor

Reaction score
With their new factory, they said 2-3 weeks typically

The new factory was built just before the Coronavirus situation. The times were indeed 2-3 weeks as recently as December, but slipped to 5-6 weeks in January and then to 8-9.

pomor

Reaction score
The jacket sleeves are INSANELY narrow - I can't bend my elbow in 90% of the Havana fabrics!

This is the first complaint about sleeves being narrow I am seeing in this thread, and I have lived in this thread for 5 years

EDIT: Unless — they have played with dimensions once again during this most recent season? (My last Havana is from Fall 2019 and one that is custom-order that is yet to ship due to China situation). Can anyone confirm?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads