• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Marccarlsson

Reaction score
Might have to book a meeting then in the Stockholm store. I've been considering their MTM program for some time now, but I fit well into a Havana OTR and couldn't warrant the extra expense up to 6k :-

My only hope would be that a) you are in fact correct that it's 4500 for a standard wool fabric, b) they're not heavily effected by the corona outbreak to the point that I'd have to wait 2+ months for the suit.

Its what i was shown some weeks ago. Add 1000kr for full canvas.

Waiting times are sadly probably 2+ months atm though.

Sellidor

Reaction score
Apparently delivery time is 8-9 weeks due to the virus.

I talked to a sales associate yesterday to try to understand the difference between custom made and MTM. Custom made allows you to change quite a bit actually, except for things such as the rise of the trousers and the buttoning stance of the jacket.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those unclear on the difference between MTM and custom made: MTM allows you to modify pretty much everything except for the lapel gorge. Custom made allows you to modify existing fits. You could take a standard size Lazio, for example, and lengthen the jacket and take in the sides and pair that with Washington trousers which might have more space in the seat, more room in the thighs etc.

The advantage of MTM is that you can do #menswear stuff like high rise trousers and spalla camicia shoulders. The advantage of Custom Made is that you are modifying existing fits, so the process is much more precise and streamlined.

Contango

Reaction score
Is it possible to ask for longer side adjusters with custom made?

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can choose between belt loops or side adjusters, but you get whatever side adjusters the model you have chosen comes with.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Do you have any link with this price? Here in The Netherlands it still says €599 for full canvas.
I just called the Stockholm store and can confirm that the MTM half-canvas option is in-fact true, with the starting price actually being 4599 SEK

Konnor

Reaction score
Are Suitsupply shoes worth the price? The tassel loafers come out to $265 compared to a shoe brand (Meermin) at $210. Is this just because its Suitsupply and they know they can still sell it marked up?

KWang94

Reaction score
Are Suitsupply shoes worth the price? The tassel loafers come out to $265 compared to a shoe brand (Meermin) at $210. Is this just because its Suitsupply and they know they can still sell it marked up?
Suitsupply shoes aren't worth it.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suitsupply shoes aren't worth it.

Yep. This. Low quality leather and Blake-stitched rather than GYW. Some folks prefer Blake as it can be lighter but I can't stand the welt running through the insole.

Konnor

Reaction score
Gotcha. Any suggestions for a dark brown leather tassel loafer? The Meermin website is too broken for my patience, and its the only other pair sub $300 that I've found.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Gotcha. Any suggestions for a dark brown leather tassel loafer? The Meermin website is too broken for my patience, and its the only other pair sub $300 that I've found.
Could try berwick 1707

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads