• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hschrapel

Reaction score
i dont have any of these problems you all have
dont have sizing issues...i wear the same size across the board
every garment has a small variance

i also lift almost every day and never skip leg day

if its too tight maybe you are fat and in denial
I don't know if you can just assume that everyone is "fat and in denial". I think a lot of it comes down to how one wants to style a garment.

The majority of Styleforum users enjoy a more classic look - myself included - whereas Suitsupply steer their product towards the masses, with a more slim/skinny look. As the current trend is still that very slim look, I don't see Suitsupply offering a classic-fitting product until that becomes the trend. Some would argue that Suitsupply are large enough to dictate what the trend should be, but the reality is, styleforum users probably make up 1-3% of their total customer base. For that 1-3%, they offer the MTM option. Problem solved.

I think what us Styleforum users would like, is either Suitsupply to offer this classic fitting look, or atleast a competitor to Suitsupply that delivers the cost/value proposition that they do. The reality is, that won't happen, so I've made my peace with the company and find success in simply sizing up and altering.

That's my 2 cents, as someone whom also works out 6 days a week.

Sellidor

Reaction score
I don't have trouble fitting into SS trousers, but for those who like a nice drape (probably most here), it's true that they're cut too slim. They tend to snag around the knee.

Come to think of it, I don't know why I haven't tried their MTM trousers yet.

zanci

Reaction score
I lift a lot, but if I wasnt skipping leg day, trousers would be too small.

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have trouble fitting into SS trousers, but for those who like a nice drape (probably most here), it's true that they're cut too slim. They tend to snag around the knee.

Come to think of it, I don't know why I haven't tried their MTM trousers yet.
I am likely to blow a hole in the crotch of the trousers after one season if I use the size that fits me in the waist the best (50EU). I would likely have to size up one or even two sizes to get something that wouldn't fit like leggings.

ultramantaro

Reaction score
Honestly. Who can fit into SS pants, except really skinny guys? I'm not fat, but the pants fit me like leggings. And no, I don't want to pay for the MTM.

I can fit in their pants seamlessly from a size 38 drop 6 standpoint, in their Havana fit. I haven't tried their Washington which supposedly is their slimmest fit, but the pants off the rack fit pretty darn well.

ultramantaro

Reaction score
It's been an endless and tiring argument over the fit of SS and their extremely disproportional models. The campaign is targeted towards young professionals, and not the slightly well-endowed-at-the-waist middle age men. As others have said they are targeting the majority %.

But as soon as you walk into a store and try out most of their suits the sizing tends towards a slimmer rather than a classic profile even though they are mostly drop 6 (maybe except for Washington or Napoli). From my experience their Havana cuts are similar to a Caruso drop 8, or a Zegna Torino in terms of fit (chest, waist). I have never tried their other models. For me though, I have never had to tailor a Havana jacket as they fit me super well OTR. Their sleeve length compared to the popular Italian brands tend to be cut .75 in to 1 in, shorter so saves me 40 bucks and trip to the tailor. That at least in my experience among the brands aforementioned that I own is the biggest difference.

japejapejape

Reaction score
for those who have a problem with the trousers too tight have you all tried the braddon or bolzano?
those are the trousers i wear now cause i got a big booty from all the squats
the custom made braddon coming soon could solve a lot of your problems

also does anyone have a scoop on any of the black tie spring/summer stuff coming out?
i need a white tux with a shawl lapel

Marccarlsson

Reaction score
As someone who likes a more snug fit on both jacket and trousers, I can't wear SS OTR pants, but instead go with the custom made trousers, where I can decrease the waist and increase thigh and calf. This gets me a pretty perfect fit for a great price (1700 SEK or ~$170 for most standard fabrics)

Seems the some pieces from the new collection is live now - https://eu.suitsupply.com/sv/new-arrivals?from=whatsnew

StartingStyle

Reaction score
As someone who likes a more snug fit on both jacket and trousers, I can't wear SS OTR pants, but instead go with the custom made trousers, where I can decrease the waist and increase thigh and calf. This gets me a pretty perfect fit for a great price (1700 SEK or ~$170 for most standard fabrics)

Seems the some pieces from the new collection is live now - https://eu.suitsupply.com/sv/new-arrivals?from=whatsnew

Custom Made or MTM? If custom made, how many cm could you increase thigh and calf?

Sellidor

Reaction score
I assume he means MTM, I don't think you can change the measurements through Custom Made (which is MTO).

Lots of burgundy in the new collection, and some nice-looking gurkha trousers.

Marccarlsson

Reaction score
Custom Made or MTM? If custom made, how many cm could you increase thigh and calf?

I assume he means MTM, I don't think you can change the measurements through Custom Made (which is MTO).

Lots of burgundy in the new collection, and some nice-looking gurkha trousers.

I'm talking Custom Made (MTO) and not MTM. Custom Made lets you change measurements before making the order, so that the adjustments are made during the making of the product. You can't change as much as MTM (like rise), but most measurements that matter like waist, inseam, thich, calf and opening. This can only be done in store though.

I am a 48EU (38 american) and I decrease the waist by 5cm (i think 6 is max), increase thigh på 1cm, and calf by 2 (i think 3cm is max), decrease foot opening 1 cm and shorten by 5cm.

For those that don't know this - This is all included in the price, so you basically get a MTM trousers with all your choices like side adjusters for the standard price for that particular fabric.

caschta

Reaction score
But you should consider it's not available for shirts. I asked the store and they told me it's possible with jackets and trousers, but not with shirts. That's a real bummer.

japejapejape

Reaction score
new collection looking good. not sure who is gonna buy the sky blue stuff but the burgundy suits and jackets look great.
love the seersucker

Last edited:

Marccarlsson

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics