• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

davidazio

Reaction score
Thanks for bringing this up! I wasn't aware of it. Some nice suits there, though the prices are tough. Do we have more alternative brand names other than Boggi and Piniparma for now?

Boggi I would honestly stay away from. Their suits are expensive for the quality, I find their entry level stuff to be priced at 2x the Suitsupply basics and to be far from as good

An interesting alternative is Lanieri, although they do MTM and not RTW. Their entry level stuff is fairly priced and comparable in quality to suitsupply, and allows for quite a bit of customization.

I'm also very curious to hear about other alternatives in Europe, I feel there is no one out there providing the same value as Suitsupply (especially in terms of wardrobe basics) as much as i am not a fan of the styling choices.

Rasmus_EJ

Reaction score
Hi,

Have anyone here tried SuitSupplys Traveller Shirts and can comment on how they hold up versus other wrinkle free/resistant shirts?

I like that they are seemingly woven in a way to be wrinkle resistant, compared to being chemically treated which is the case for a lot of the alternatives, as afar as I understand it.

Many thanks

davidazio

Reaction score
Hi,

Have anyone here tried SuitSupplys Traveller Shirts and can comment on how they hold up versus other wrinkle free/resistant shirts?

I like that they are seemingly woven in a way to be wrinkle resistant, compared to being chemically treated which is the case for a lot of the alternatives, as afar as I understand it.

Many thanks

I have two, a navy and a light blue bengal. They are OK, both have an open weave and relatively thick fabric. They wrinkle but smooth out once on a hanger or worn, similarly to pique polo fabrics. Feel more natural than the no iron shirts I have from Boggi, which are not great to start with... Not sure I would recommend them, but then again I have never bene satisfied with Suitsupply shirts.

lemonpotty

Reaction score
Would this suit be considered charcoal grey?

lemonpotty

Reaction score
I've made this mistake before. It may appear as more of a medium gray in person. If you want a proper charcoal grey suit, I would opt for anything labeled "dark grey", which they should have in Napoli and maybe Sienna.
Did you buy this specific jacket? It says "Lazio Dark Grey Jacket" and "Dark Grey Brescia Trousers" on the product page but the suit itself says "Lazio Grey Suit"

The suit seems to be a dark grey in the pics and the video but I was wondering if it was dark enough to be considered charcoal? Not sure what exactly qualifies as charcoal.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have that suit. It isn't "charcoal" but it is a very nice and conservative grey color. It is definitely a darker 'mid-grey' color.

lemonpotty

Reaction score
I have that suit. It isn't "charcoal" but it is a very nice and conservative grey color. It is definitely a darker 'mid-grey' color.
Okay, thanks. My first decent suit! I imagine it would be just as versatile as charcoal being a dark grey and seeing that I live in California.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It should be just as versitile. It isn't quite as 'stuffy' as charcoal in my opinion.

+1 I have the suit as well. Versatile and business-appropriate as all get out. Agreed that not as dark as charcoal, perhaps a shade lighter but seems to work just as well.

mr.invincible

Reaction score
Posting these up again but lowered price.
$260+shipping (lower than what i paid for in the outlet)

HAVANA NAVY SUIT
38S
32 trousers
all new, only tried on.

Attachments

• IMG-5126.jpg
    IMG-5126.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG-5132.jpg
    IMG-5132.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 224

Marccarlsson

Reaction score
Looks like you can see some of the new SS2020 items on the site now. They are all bunched together on this site together with a lot of older stuff.

Looks like the reason they lowered the price on the porto chinos is to introduce a new cotton pants, the "cotton soho"

Some other new stuff

caschta

Reaction score
Yeah those cotton ones are not new, they are from last season.

The DB Solaro and the camel one are, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads