• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What about the rise and leg opening on a 40R Washington? Anyone know off hand? It's not on the site

MSTRKRFT

Reaction score
I just got my SS suit in Napoli size 36R. I am a newbie when it comes to suits, so please bear that in mind. I just needed a suit quick for a few upcoming events, and this seemed like a good opportunity to get a decent suit for a good price. Based on the following images, can you guys please advice me what I should do? In a few stores that I tried on suits, a 36R seemed to fit me well, but in the SS suit, it seemed a bit bigger than I expected (I thought the cuts would be a bit slimmer than the normal stores). Please bear in mind that the pants fit me well. Should I go to the tailor and ask the sleeves and length of the jacket to be shortened or opt for a 34R jacket? Also, this pics were snapped right away from the box, and I just wore it over the t-shirt I wore that day, so ignore the mess, etc. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I just got my SS suit in Napoli size 36R. I am a newbie when it comes to suits, so please bear that in mind. I just needed a suit quick for a few upcoming events, and this seemed like a good opportunity to get a decent suit for a good price. Based on the following images, can you guys please advice me what I should do? In a few stores that I tried on suits, a 36R seemed to fit me well, but in the SS suit, it seemed a bit bigger than I expected (I thought the cuts would be a bit slimmer than the normal stores). Please bear in mind that the pants fit me well. Should I go to the tailor and ask the sleeves and length of the jacket to be shortened or opt for a 34R jacket? Also, this pics were snapped right away from the box, and I just wore it over the t-shirt I wore that day, so ignore the mess, etc. Thanks for the help!

First off, wear a suit with the dress shirt. It's very difficult to determine the fit without a proper shirt on. I do believe that the sleeves are too long. Try to get some shots of the shoes.

MSTRKRFT

Reaction score
The suit arrived at my friend's house and I just went there directly from my class and jsut put it on and snapped a pic. So therefore, it wasn't the most appropriate or best pic, so I apppologize for that. I think I might have to settle for a 34R, as the 36R seems too big for me. Not sure how much different a 36S is. Any feedback from the above pic would be greatly appreciated, as I am a bit busy to drop by my friend's house and wont have a chance to snap a proper pic with a shirt the following days. My height is 5'7", so would a 34R make sense?

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea I agree.. the sleeves are too long but it looks like the shoulders might be a tad bit big for you.. S/S is from the netherlands where they tend to be taller.. so thats why for the average man with average height that style may be a detriment.. I am 6"8 so it worked perfect for me.. the shoulders do look a tad big though which makes sense being you had said in an earlier post you are pretty slim. I could be wrong though. I'll see what others say

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What about the rise and leg opening on a 40R Washington? Anyone know off hand? It's not on the site

FWIW, after hemming the pants on a Napoli fit (chopped about 2 or 2.5inches), making no adjustments to width, the leg opening was about 8 inches.

Last edited:

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@MSTRKRFT - +1 that the shoulders appear to be a touch wide. But do you happen to have wide shoulders and a narrow chest and waist? you need to put on a dress shirt to truly figure this out.

The fit of a suit jacket starts with the shoulders. If this jacket sits perfectly on the end of your shoulders then that's what you need and you can tailor the rest. A 34 may be too narrow but you don't know until you try it. When i'm given the option of free shipping I always order more than one size and send back the one that doesn't fit. You might want to put in a 2nd order.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Napoli cut has fairly wide shoulders, maybe try something with shoulders a bit slimmer? That's if sizing down doesn't work out.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I thought.. I have broad or wide shoulders and a chest but a smaller waist for my size. That's why the Napoli cut worked for my build perfectly especially being tall so the length worked as well (did not have to even touch the pants because they came in already hemmed and I like very little to no break so it worked out neatly for me).. however if you have a slimmer build with smaller shoulders and chest then the Sienna or Washington might be the better cut for you

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I may have missed it, but does anyone have the Copenhagen unstructured sport coat in cotton? Thoughts on it and or fit pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

wishiwasricher

Reaction score
Is there a particular name for this colour blue?

I had been scoping Suit supply for a similar colour suit and didnt quite narrow it down. the website seems to only have the spring summer collection for sale now. (I am in australia so maybe its just me)

perpetua

Reaction score

I may have missed it, but does anyone have the Copenhagen unstructured sport coat in cotton? Thoughts on it and or fit pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I don't own it, but I tried one on in the store. Great item — it's got a little more substance than you'd expect from a pure cotton jacket.

facet

Reaction score

The suit arrived at my friend's house and I just went there directly from my class and jsut put it on and snapped a pic. So therefore, it wasn't the most appropriate or best pic, so I apppologize for that. I think I might have to settle for a 34R, as the 36R seems too big for me. Not sure how much different a 36S is. Any feedback from the above pic would be greatly appreciated, as I am a bit busy to drop by my friend's house and wont have a chance to snap a proper pic with a shirt the following days. My height is 5'7", so would a 34R make sense?

I'm 5'7" as well and have always worn a short.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads