Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Letting out the vents and a steam should make it drape right. This fits just like my own Havana jacket and I've been debating letting it out a bit in the waist. The picture says you could do the same if it is a little snug.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013

2. thedose

thedose Active Member

I have that very suit, pics are posted in this thread, you should do a search next time, it is your friend [​IMG]

Timotune: I feel like you should try a 38R as the shoulders will most likely be perfect, and the length as well; not bad on the 40 though the shoulders would be bugging me.

I had similar issues with the Napoli shoulders and in the end it made me choose not to buy it.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013

3. cleanupinaisle3

cleanupinaisle3 Member

Hey guys,

So I'm getting a little impatient waiting for Suitsupply Toronto to open, and I feel like ordering one relatively soon. I'm quite the newbie to suiting so I was wondering if anyone knew what fit might be best for someone like me. The best fitting suit that I own (at least, to my taste) is this $200 cheapie from H&M; just had the pants hemmed an inch and a half and it was fine. According to H&M it's a euro 46, 36R with 32R trousers. Is there anything that Suitsupply offers that would come close to being this slim or is a guy like me out of luck? I'm 5'10", 155 lbs, usually between a 36R and 38R but I like to size down.

I know their Washington is their slimmest fit but I'm not too fond of the lapels; they almost look tuxedo-like to me. Not sure what their next slimmest fit is.

Sorry about the awkward photos; my phone's camera is sort of messed up and I haven't got anyone to help out at the moment.

Any and all advice is appreciated. Thanks. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. suitor

suitor Member

Help me!!!

I'm 6' 1" 36" chest 150-155 lbs 30-31" waist looking at the Napoli suit. Which size should I buy? I'm thinking 36R or 38R...

Thanks

5. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Senior member

6. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

Can anybody give a little bit more insight into the Lazio's canvas and how it differs from a normal canvassing? Their website describes it as a "softer interlining" and "lightweight interior". My only previous experience with half canvassed suits are BB 1818 suits, which seem to have a much thinner, rigid canvas. The chestpiece in the Lazio, when doing the "pinch test" seems quite thick and soft, not unlike some of the chests I've felt on supposedly fused suits. I hope someone with more experience can give a little bit more clarity!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013

7. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

It's almost impossible to feel the canvass in the chest piece.. what you are feeling is the chest plate that provides structure to all jackets in the chest.. the best place to feel the canvassing is in the Lapels..the jacket feels lighter.. I compare that too my Zegna Milano suits which also have a soft interlining.. it feels like a second skin like you barely feel the jacket there as well with a light to the touch Fabric which I believe is what they are going for...I also think the older 1818 jackets used to be half canvassed but I believe the newer 1818 jackets for BB are fused from what I have seen and what SA's have told me as well.. I hope this helps..

8. mrdashington

mrdashington Member

Make that four satisfied customers. I was in NYC the first week of December and planned on stopping in for a Napoli cut Dark Grey Faux Uni with Blue Line personal tailoring. I'm also about 1,7m and work out regularly so off the rack just doesn't cut it when it comes to properly fitting jackets. When the shoulders and chest fit the lower torso is almost certainly baggy. Since I wasn't able to have the jacket adjusted with the Blue Line personal tailoring service I ended up getting the Suit Up personal tailoring so that the jacket (40S) could be taken in some at the lower torso. In addition I got to pick the jacket lining (I went with Lilac), trouser pocket style, buttons and monogramming on the inside of the chest pocket (was talked into this one by customer service).

For someone in their late 20s getting their first tailored suit I was certainly impressed. While I know a lot of people on this forum are far more meticulous about their suit preferences than I am, I feel very satisfied with my purchase.

Was fitted by Stephanie, and appreciated her style input and professional service. Will update with photos when the suit comes in at the end of the month.

9. fallforall

fallforall New Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013

10. That Guy

That Guy Member

I visited the Washington DC store yesterday and really liked it. The Sienna 40R fit me perfectly OTR........all I'd need to do is hem the pants. But they didn't have it in a solid navy, and neither does their website. Does anyone know whether Suitsupply ever stocks the Sienna in a solid navy? Thanks for any info you may have.

11. addedfuel

addedfuel Senior member

'good things come to those who wait'

I was in New York early December and learned that they are opening in Toronto soon, but expect March. Why the rush to buy? The one you are wearing from H&M looks fine (except I'd shorten the legs further but that's my taste for exposed ankles). If you order now, taking into account the wait for delivery and alterations, it'll be a month by the time you are able to wear it. Besides the suit, the guys at Suit Supply deliver great service and style advice that I feel you'd miss out if ordering online. Just wait an extra month.

I'll go shopping with you if needed.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013

12. Satiar

Satiar Member

I'm 5'9", 140 lb and wear a size 28-29 waist. Suit Supply stuff fits me beautifully. Most of their slim cuts in 36s or 35r fit me near perfect off the bat, and then just minor adjustments are done to the sleeves. The only thing that needs serious work are the trousers. Generally I need a hem + taper + slight take-in at the thigh. But that's all doable for about $100.

13. spitshine123

spitshine123 Senior member

Like a previous poster, I was mailed the wrong size today... I was so excited all day to come home from work to try the London fit in my size too! [​IMG] Something must be up with their distribution system right now.

By the specs, the London fit is somewhere in between a Lazio and a Napoli, with more defined shoulders. Judging from the suit they sent though, the london's shoulders aren't quite as rigid as I had expected (a good thing)

14. Bexcellence

Bexcellence Senior member

Is the Washington line a 2-button or 3-button suit?

[​IMG]

15. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

The Washington's are a 3-roll-2.