• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered the navy washington SC, it will arrive on Wednesday and is being shipped directly from the motherland (Netherlands)

I can't wait!

Can't wait to see it.. have had my eye on a couple of Washington's but have not taken the plunge yet..

Sienna is fully canvased, but the Jort is much lighter as there is next to no padding and the wool is much lighter.

I've tried on both, and while the Jort was a slightly more snug fit than the Sienna - it's no tent, and the Jort is still less slim than the Washington.

I dont think the Sienna's are fully canvassed.. half canvassed but the shoulders are done by hand and the sleeves are set done and set in by hand plus the fabrics are more luxurious in the Sienna model over the Washington and Napoli fits..the Jort is the only one I believe that is fully canvassed..

mink31

Reaction score
I have this tuxedo. I generally wear a 38R and the 38R fits me very well, with no alterations required. I like the quality and the grosgrain lapel is a nice touch. The only thing I don't like is the lack of a buttonhole, but I had my tailor handsew one on for me and now I'm satisfied. The pants are about a 31/32" waist with about 2" to let out and they fit fairly slim.

Oh and one more thing: the breast pocket is deeper than usual and my pocket square tends to sink in it. I don't know if this is an isolated incident, but I'm hoping to find a solution.

thedose

Reaction score
Washington SC arrived today.

I am unsure on whether or not I should keep it. I am in love with the quality and it feels like with some alterations it should fit.

The length of the jacket needs about 1.5" shortened, the sleeves as well, I rolled up the right sleeve to see what it would look like if they were the right length. The first picture is weird because I couldn't get a perfect back shot with it on so yeah... IMO the best picture is the second one...

Rankiz

Reaction score
I think the jacket needs so much shortening that it would not look good after alterations imo.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Washington SC arrived today.

I am unsure on whether or not I should keep it. I am in love with the quality and it feels like with some alterations it should fit.

The length of the jacket needs about 1.5" shortened, the sleeves as well, I rolled up the right sleeve to see what it would look like if they were the right length. The first picture is weird because I couldn't get a perfect back shot with it on so yeah... IMO the best picture is the second one...

I wish I could say this cut is for you dose.. but it does not look good.. the shoulders are way too wide on you and everything is too long from the sleeves to the length of the jacket..its going to cost atleast a third if not half of what you paid and it will still be off balance wise..I would say return it..

Solaxun

Reaction score
Been on a never-ending quest to find a suit that fits me well, figured I'd try these guys out since they have a pretty good rep and good return policy.

I loved the Washington but there were 3 problems that force me to return it

(i) my arms barely fit in that thing and i couldnt bend my elbow without feeling like i was gonna hulk out of the suit.
(ii) lapel bowed a bit, chest or upper back probably a bit too tight
(iii) lapel peaks stick out above the shoulder from different viewing angles, and at any movement (again may be from the tightness, but I've noticed this a recurring problem from several posters, i think they just made the peak too high)

The suit was very very nice other than the fit issues, if i could get those worked out (which will prob require MTM assuming the peaks sitcking out is a result of tightness and not poor design) I would buy all my suits there.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been on a never-ending quest to find a suit that fits me well, figured I'd try these guys out since they have a pretty good rep and good return policy.

I loved the Washington but there were 3 problems that force me to return it

(i) my arms barely fit in that thing and i couldnt bend my elbow without feeling like i was gonna hulk out of the suit.
(ii) lapel bowed a bit, chest or upper back probably a bit too tight
(iii) lapel peaks stick out above the shoulder from different viewing angles, and at any movement (again may be from the tightness, but I've noticed this a recurring problem from several posters, i think they just made the peak too high)

The suit was very very nice other than the fit issues, if i could get those worked out (which will prob require MTM assuming the peaks sitcking out is a result of tightness and not poor design) I would buy all my suits there.

Most of thier suits are pretty slim.. even the Napoli.. the Napoli just gives more room in the shoulders and chest... but the pants are pretty slim.. and the sides are slim, not overwhelmingly so like a Dior Homme or Ralph Lauren Black Label.. but still slim..do not have the Washington but I figure I would have to size up to fit in them due to their arm holes.. as for the peak lapels.. they are done so because they market mostly to really fashion forward younger guys who prefer that in the face fashion appeal..not my style thus I don't have any Washington fits, yet.. but I understand the aesthetic..

thedose

Reaction score
Ugh, this is why I hate my stats... So hard to find good fitting good quality stuff without spending an arm and a leg
baldy[1].gif

I'm gonna drive up to the Georgetown store this weekend and see if any of their other models fit better (fingers crossed) if not, then so much for that brand...

Thanks for the critique!
smile.gif

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really wish they would have waistcoats with their formalwear. Just makes them not a real option without having to go MTM.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Washington SC arrived today. I am unsure on whether or not I should keep it. I am in love with the quality and it feels like with some alterations it should fit. The length of the jacket needs about 1.5" shortened, the sleeves as well, I rolled up the right sleeve to see what it would look like if they were the right length. The first picture is weird because I couldn't get a perfect back shot with it on so yeah... IMO the best picture is the second one...
I agree with Chocsosa, doesn't look good in current form. Shaving off 1.5" is not something you want to be doing to this coat. If you bought a long you need to get a regular (or if a regular you need a short). You also need to size down one (38 to 36 or whatever). don't button that top button.

blue2007

Reaction score
My first SS suit but I chose the wrong size. I went with a 42L Washington http://us.suitsupply.com/suit-grey-...509w/P2509W,en_US,pd.html?start=31&cgid=Suits

and I had to altered the sleeves 3/4 and hem the pants.

After taking a second look at home, I realized that a 42R would have been the ideal one. I'm 6"3 but the jacket is just a bit too long.

Thinking about selling it. Anyone interested? It has never been worn.

The Gold Bug

Reaction score
Timo, did you buy the Spalla? I thought I saw a jacket of the model on your tumblr. Would love to see how it looks when worn.

filterq

Reaction score

Washington SC arrived today. I am unsure on whether or not I should keep it. I am in love with the quality and it feels like with some alterations it should fit. The length of the jacket needs about 1.5" shortened, the sleeves as well, I rolled up the right sleeve to see what it would look like if they were the right length. The first picture is weird because I couldn't get a perfect back shot with it on so yeah... IMO the best picture is the second one...
A couple thing; First off - do not button the top button. It's a 3 roll 2, meaning you never button the top button, it's cut to fit like a 2 even though it's a 3. The whole thing is too long and you should order a short and see how that goes. The whole jacket will fit better since the buttoning point will be at the proper position, where your hips start on the jacket will be proper, it's more than just the length being better. It may be that the shoulders will end up fitting better as well because the arm-hole is cut different and the opening will likely be in a better position in relation to your body.

pleco

Reaction score
Got myself a free Sienna in a grey birdseye. The Jort is cut very oddly. It would accomodate someone with a large chest and slim waist best yet fairly narrow shoulders best. The extra wide lapels would lead me to believe that this cut would look best on size 40+ also. If you are a more boxy build Sienna wins hands down. If you want the hand spec of the Jort but don't have the chest - waist ratio for it, MTM is the way to go.

RedRider

Reaction score
Question for you guys. Just got my plain navy Napoli in and tried it on (40R). I used the fit 'advisor' on their site. It's snug, but I really like the suit. The only thing I can see wrong is that the lapels are often not hanging smoothly on the inside roll. I don't know what the proper term is for what they're doing, but I googled pucker, pinch, etc and nothing similar came up. I'd rather not go up a size as the pants fit me perfectly with the 34" waist. Is this a common problem? Is it a problem at all? Thanks in advance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads