1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

I would suggest you venture to other places as well, given your build I"m not sure the euro-italiano look is going to work. Try J Press, Paul Stuart or even Brooks Bros.

1 person likes this.
  2. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Talk to Tyler in there - very agreeable bloke who will give you the time you need to make up your mind and won't hard-sell you. At that size you may have some difficulty as Suitsupply leans towards the slim in most of theit fits but you might get lucky.

3. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Ya, with KW around I would only go with SS if 1) trying to save ~$200 (IMO somewhat shortsighted given suit's lifetime) or 2) you particularly love a distinctive styling of a SS suit. I'm not sure I can get anything in the London style, which to me is almost a poor man's Tom Ford, through KW (or anywhere else for under $1k). I do like the SS stuff I have, though.

4. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

The advantage of SS, for those of us who live near one, is being able to get fitted in person

5. red81

red81 Senior member

and this is often worth the price of a suit alone.

6. SrBrigante

SrBrigante Member

Recently stopped by suit supply in Soho and their suits are great.....best of all no one was pushy or snobby (a hint many other store clerks could use)

The lazio and Washington lines really stuck out to me

7. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

I think he's looking at the pics 400 Degreez posted. Admittedly, his shoulders have quite a few issues; don't think I have seen those as much on yours.

8. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I forgot to mention that Kent Wang is having a trunk show in NY soon so that could potentially level the playing field

9. PTMDallas

PTMDallas Member

Yeah, I don't have that advantage unfortunately. I like suitsupply and the stylings/offerings. I've ordered from the site, and i've just had too many issues with the consistency of sizing even within the same fits. I prefer suitsupply for any of their suits that are sub-500, but beyond that price point i think there's too much value in kw when put side to side

10. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

I'm 6-0, 230 lbs and I recently purchased a size 46R in the dark grey Napoli. It fit me with no problems.

11. Dapper Edition

Dapper Edition Active Member

Suitsupply starts with their S (short) sizes from 48 till 60.
    Good to know it that the shorts sizes are actually a bit larger than the normal sizes (so a 48S is the almost the same size as a 50 but than shorter).
    The Havana model is quiet fitted and a little shorter, I actually like this fit very much (It does have patch pockets, might be too informal, but that depends on the job).
    You should probably avoid the Washington which is quiet long and fitted (with peak lapels).
    The most formal models are: The London, Lazio, Napoli.
    The trousers probably need shortening, however, this often only takes a day.

I hope this helps and good luck on you new job.

P.S. You should probably avoid the Sevilla model. This model is a bit cheaper but the make of the suit is not really good.

12. Hunter Smith

Hunter Smith Active Member

Fit check, pretty bad photo I realize that now that I'm looking at it, I'll upload some back/side shots once I get my camera back.

[​IMG]

13. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

That looks like a great fit. Shoulders may be the slightest big, but overall impeccable. Good for you!

14. Bexcellence

Bexcellence Senior member

[​IMG]
    anyone have this suit? Any fit pics?

15. azumi

azumi Senior member

You can give post 1568 on page 105 a look. Not exactly this color or fabric, but same fit.

16. Hunter Smith

Hunter Smith Active Member

Thanks! hopefully I can get more photos up soon so people can see the other angles.

17. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Definitely fitted. The length, as I found out with the Havana model, lends itself more towards a casual setting. If you need it for work, might want to get a longer size.

18. f-tard

f-tard Well-Known Member

Hey guys, question about fit. My little brother just graduated and got his first job, and I want to buy him a decent suit. He's on the shorter side withan athletic build, will these work for him? I know ss tends to work well for tall athletic, but not sure about short athletic. I think he's probably around 5'5-5'6 and 135 ish pounds. He was big into sports so he's like a size 41 chest. Recommendations on cuts I should have him try? I read the fit discussion a few pages back, seems like lazios might work. Open to suggestions so I don't waste time shipping back and forth.

19. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

@ f-tard: I think the Napoli is the most accomodating fit. I own only Lazio and Havanas, and they are both pretty slim in the chest. the Havana moreso than Lazio. But buying online is always a bit of a gamble, so if you want to rule out returns for certain, I suggest you go somewhere else with your brother in the real world...

20. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

are the lapels grosgrain or satin? What size did you go with? What is your size in other brands? Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013