1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Hunter Smith

Hunter Smith Active Member

Looking to get a new colorful blazer for spring/summer, narrowed it down between these two. Help me decide SF!

[​IMG]

2. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

here´s a full length shot of a Lazio. Excuse the poor picture quality.[​IMG]..

1 person likes this.
  3. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

Man, this makes me want to try out the Lazio... I have my eye on the light brown faux uni one being I don't have a decent brown suit in my staple.. so I'll have to give it a second look

4. chaney1

chaney1 Well-Known Member

^^^^ been eyeing that exact same light brown lazio as well just havent pulled the trigger yet.

5. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

The 2nd one is already on my purchase list.Hopefully the girlfriend will get it for my birthday coming in less than 2 months. I love the lapels on the 1st blazer but the color on the 2nd blazer did it for me.

6. azumi

azumi Senior member

Quote:

7. mikt

mikt Member

Can anyone comment on the sienna blue birds eye? Does it have a "sheen" to the fabric? Some pics look like yes others no.

8. 400 Degreez

400 Degreez Member

These are the best shots I can get one of my Washington models. The jacket has not been altered but I did hem the pants.

[​IMG]

9. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

10. azumi

azumi Senior member

These dimples appear because of the concave shoulder (structured shoulder) of the jacket.
    SuitSupply said that the Washington is their slimmest model, but is this model much slimmer that the Lazio which is a slim modern fit as well?
    I think I would go for a Lazio instead of an Washington although I'm looking for the slimmer model because I don't like the peak lapel and the structured shoulder of the Washington.

11. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

I know that but it should still not dimple like that.. a lot of times its the ratio of the shoulder pads to the armhole to the way a persons arm naturally hang.. if they are not in harmony that usually happens. Thats what I meant with my comment azumi

12. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

First time getting a good look at this stuff. Good lord the shoulders are all fucked up. Anyone else notice this?

13. PTMDallas

PTMDallas Member

Try kent wang, fully canvassed MTM for sub 1k

14. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

Would you care to elaborate what you mean ? I have several Suitsupply suits, and haven't noticed any shoulder problems. What model did you look at ?

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

So, which of the suits have a lower buttoning point? Or are people having that adjusted for prior to placing an order?

Seems like Washington, Lazio, and Havana are nice cuts but by the photos online, the button point is still fairly high or "industry standard." Looking for a navy and charcoal/gray suit.

The Lazio suit above looks to have a much lower buttoning point than the online photos suggest, which is promising.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  16. tricket

tricket Well-Known Member

17. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

The Washington seems to have decent button stance.
    Sienna and La Spalla looks best though.

18. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I have a Jort (precursor to the La Spalla) and think the button stance is just right.

19. 400 Degreez

400 Degreez Member

More clear shot of my SuitSupply Tux in action

[​IMG]

The bottle is covering the button so here another

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
    3 people like this.
  20. ryan82885

ryan82885 Member

Starting a new job in two weeks that will require me to wear a suit everyday. I live in Manhattan so I've decided to check Suitsupply out this evening and get fitted for 2-3 new suits. I'm on the larger side -- 6 foot, 235 pounds, broad shoulders and stocky. Anything I should know about what to look for before going?