• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a London cut I just got. Pants length has been altered, that's it. For reference, it's a 40L, and I am 6'3 180. I could use a little bit more room in the chest IMO
3ED278AB-0333-46FE-9935-071DC5426CD9-8945-000003DA1567D26A.jpg

Nice! I was considering the London cut. I could use a solid navy suit and I already have two Washington cuts so I could without the peak lapels :)

Firefox

Reaction score
Here's a London cut I just got. Pants length has been altered, that's it. For reference, it's a 40L, and I am 6'3 180. I could use a little bit more room in the chest IMO
3ED278AB-0333-46FE-9935-071DC5426CD9-8945-000003DA1567D26A.jpg
That fit actually looks pretty good to me. I'm an inch shorter than you but about the same weight. I normally wear a 42L, and would have been hesitant to size down, since SS stuff tends to be a little slimmer-fitting. However, based on this example, maybe a 40L would work.

SS is apparently opening a retail location in Toronto soon, which I am looking forward to. I really prefer being able to try stuff on before ordering/buying it.

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried on their single-breast overcoats yet? My finger is itching to pull the trigger, but I really want to make sure it's thicker than their "merano" double-breasted overcoat...

steffenbp11

Reaction score
@ hookem12387: The fit looks pretty good - a bit difficult to make out the true colour though. I am not a big fan of the shoulders on the London, but that is more a question of personal preference. BTW, have you guys noticed that SS have launched a new model, the Spalla ? I don't know if it is just the Jort that has had a name change though.

Rankiz

Reaction score
I've contacted SuitSupply support for help regarding my size, but he first recommended me size 44... so I would love if anyone from SF could help me instead. I think 46 might be too tight, 48 too long jacket length and jacket sleeves, and that 24 might be too big. My question would really be which size should I pick that would look best after alterations?

Height: 172cm (5,64 ft)
Chest: 95cm (37,4")
Upper waist: 88 (34,6")
Waist (trouser): 87 cm (34,3")

This is me trying a size 46 Suitsupply jacket before any alterations: Question would really be if the shoulder width on 48 and 24 would be too wide?)

Last edited:

Rankiz

Reaction score

Oh my god at the back...

I did alter it so it's not like the picture, but I needed to open the side seams, and the middle back seam, which is not advised since the jacket become unbalanced. Which size do you think fits me best?

Last edited:

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It may just be that this cut, or suit supply in general, is not for you

Rankiz

Reaction score

It may just be that this cut, or suit supply in general, is not for you

Based on 1 picture? As I said I did take it to the tailor and now it fits good, problem is that if I buy a 46 suit, the pants are 82, and can't be let out to 87.

Last edited:

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Impossible to say without an after-alterations picture. But it is possible, I'm not sure why that would be offensive.

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone tried on their single-breast overcoats yet? My finger is itching to pull the trigger, but I really want to make sure it's thicker than their "merano" double-breasted overcoat...

Anyone? Anxiously waiting! Also tell me if they have a martingale at the back...

filterq

Reaction score

Soho fit --> Comparable to the Napoli?

The Soho is slimmer than the Napoli, but a little less slim than the Washington. It would be closer to Washington than Napoli however. Hope this gives you a better idea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads