1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. feeble

feeble Active Member

Personally I'd go with option 2, it's more of a mid-grey which will give it more flexibility. You can probably wear this in 3 season (maybe not winter) and it'll be fine at the wedding.

Some would say don't wear a Sienna to job interviews, it does stand out a bit because of the cut and ticket pocket. Imo it's great for interviews, you want to look professional and frankly everyone looks good in a suit cut to their shape. No one wants to wear a boxy old suit that looks like crap.

Option 1 would also be very nice but you could probably only wear that in spring and summer. Not as versatile.

phsiao08 and clarksdb like this.
  2. MrSuited

MrSuited New Member

Hi Everyone, I just joined Styleforum and this is my first post. I really want to share this beautiful Grey Washington suit and also get some opinions on how it fits.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

3. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

Some problems with sleeve pitch on your left arm, and the right sleeve might need shortening, but otherwise a decent OTR fit. Obviously the trousers have to be shortened as well.

I have the same suit.

1010878.jpg

MrSuited and eddiemczee like this.
  4. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

The sleeve pitch issue, while usually an expensive fix, is worth it. I've had a couple jackets adjusted while shortening the sleeve from the shoulder and it makes me love the jacket even more!

5. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

That's the thing about alterations. They're a bitter pill to swallow, but you end up maximising your utility in the long term. You'll wear something which fits perfectly and looks great a lot more than something which doesn't.

6. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

I should add, that Washington has been heavily altered: the sleeves have been taken in from the shoulder and the padding has been reduced in order to move the seam closer to my natural shoulder for a slightly less structured look. It's also been taken in at the chest and waist, and the sleeves have been tapered. Expensive, but the results speak for themselves, I think.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017 at 9:46 AM
  7. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

Just received this MTM sport coat from Suit Supply. Tried on quickly and am pretty happy with the fit and quality. Will post more pics sooner..
    IMG_7916.JPG

h3ro and jbarwick like this.
  8. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Nevermind. Good fit!

9. MrSuited

MrSuited New Member

Thanks for the feedback. Will definitely talk to my tailor about the sleeves. I'm also thinking about having the jacket shortened by a quarter or maybe max half an inch, but I'm worried about throwing off the proportions of the jacket. I'm not very tall, so I need to be careful with jacket length.

Michael, I noticed that the length of your jacket seems kind of long. It goes past your thumb and even your knuckles. Is that how you like the length? I think it looks good on you given that you look like a pretty tall guy.

10. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

I wouldn't shorten it even if you aren't tall it looks the right length. Don't fall for the short jacket fad that has currently been going on.

Michael's is a bit longer but I am 6'0" and personally prefer a bit longer length on myself too.

11. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

@Mr. Suited: Your jacket looks fine. Modern RTW jackets are way too short anyway (and consequently button stances are too high). The problem is more acute for me because I'm 6"2. I'm a 48L but I buy a 50L to get a bit of extra length and a lower, neutral button stance.

In #menswear, there is only one rule you should never break: always cover your ass. Short jackets will look dated soon enough. The Washington has classic proportions. You're better off leaving them alone

12. Ballon DOr 09

Ballon DOr 09 Member

13. vriche

vriche Senior member

I think it's the angle from where the pictures were taken that gives you that illusion.

14. MrSuited

MrSuited New Member

Yeah, that angle definitely makes the peaks look higher. This is a different angle.

IMG_0678.JPG

15. MrSuited

MrSuited New Member

Does anyone else have this brown check Hudson jacket?

IMG_0557.JPG

16. monkeynuts

monkeynuts Well-Known Member

I have a Havana navy blue sportcoat and love it. Out of all my sportcoats, it sees the most use.

phsiao08 likes this.
  17. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Thanks but you do realize I posted this almost 3 years ago, right? It was in Spring of 2014, if I recall.

18. feeble

feeble Active Member

On the SuSu website with Sienna suits, the pockets are slanted, but then when you click through the photos and it takes you to the last one they're straight pockets.

Is this just to show you what it could look like or are the new Sienna suits all straight pockets?

Also, has anyone ever had slanted pockets changed to straight, is this even possible?

19. feeble

feeble Active Member

Quick follow up

Did my second fitting today, jacket was perfect. No alterations needed. The trousers were a bit short. When I did the initial fitting I said I wanted a slight break. The pants ended above the ankle, a fair amount. It's "no break" to the extreme. I think maybe the salesman went with a very European length as all the salesman over there wore their pants in this manner. They also wore loafers with no socks.

They're going to lengthen the pants and they'll be done in a week.

Overall still a great process and I'd highly recommend it. MTM starts at $999 in the US. If you're RTW option needs a significant amount of tailoring ($200+) strongly consider MTM especially if you're getting something in the Suit Up line. The price difference is very reasonable and you get a full canvas jacket.

Gabru likes this.