• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lewis26

Reaction score
Does anyone own the Havana green check suit from this years f/w? I'd like to know if/how well the pics on the website show the true colour?

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Can I also start a new sub-topic?

What are everyone's top planned SuSu purchases for 2016?

Here are mine:

1. At least one 3-piece suit

2. A couple of standalone vests / waistcoats in normal color palettes, hopefully, as versatile as possible

3. 2-3 round collar shirts from purple or red line

4. One more linen or linen blend summer jacket (I already own many but just can't stop)

5. Maybe 1-2 more 6-button cardigans in brown or navy

I must say my wardrobe is already satiated with SuSu stuff, and I am actually ramping my purchases down in 2016. Nevertheless, I still check up on New Arrivals weekly to stay in the know.

Probably won't be purchasing much in S/S 16 even though some of the stuff looks really great , as I have a lot already. Will most likely buy one suit and/or a waistcoat, possibly a tie or two.

The back of the waistcoat on my three-piece uses the same navy material used for the lining of the suit jacket. Same applies for my three-piece Hudson I bought in F/W 14.

It's a standard practice to match the back of the waistcoat to the lining of the suit jacket rather than the actual waistcoat colour itself.

Last edited:

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tux in the next couple of weeks. My gf is buying me a nicer chambray shirt and I'll probably buy 1-2 before I start working in June as well as a thin stripes navy suit and a charcol suit. Maybe some brown suede shoes in the fall ill have to see what my finance situation is.

Suntory

Reaction score
******* three-piece grey suits are all out of regular sizes, come on SuSu, make new ones ffs.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
******* three-piece grey suits are all out of regular sizes, come on SuSu, make new ones ffs.

They'll probably crank out a couple for the summer collection. You'll probably have to wait on an entire collection for something that specific.

As far as what I want this year, I'll probably buy a new suit, sport coat, and waistcoat during the summer collection. For shoes, shirts, and everything else, I buy elsewhere.

Suntory

Reaction score
They'll probably crank out a couple for the summer collection. You'll probably have to wait on an entire collection for something that specific.

As far as what I want this year, I'll probably buy a new suit, sport coat, and waistcoat during the summer collection. For shoes, shirts, and everything else, I buy elsewhere.
If they chill out on the grapefruit or ear picking Dutch guy's collection, maybe they can make more three piece suits.

Seamless

Reaction score

If they chill out on the grapefruit or ear picking Dutch guy's collection, maybe they can make more three piece suits.

I really want a double breasted. I am never ready when they come out.

Suntory

Reaction score
I really want a double breasted. I am never ready when they come out.
Yeah you'll rock that **** since peak works for you, don't ever let others tell you different.

Suntory

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a HUDSON BLUE CHECK?

SF has the worst search functions and doesn't show pics, literally murdering me.

Seamless

Reaction score

Yeah you'll rock that **** since peak works for you, don't ever let others tell you different.

Love the cut. Hated the linen fabric.

pomor

Reaction score

That

I like maybe 20% from the Jort collection -- mostly shirts and jackets. The suits are a bit too daring.

Last edited:

pomor

Reaction score
Anyone have any pictures from early SuitSupply days? They started in 2000, but the oldest stuff I have seen on eBay is from like 2008 (it featured a logo they don't use any more)

Were they a one-shop company for a number of years before cranking out international shops?

Last edited:

pomor

Reaction score

Probably won't be purchasing much in S/S 16 even though some of the stuff looks really great , as I have a lot already. Will most likely buy one suit and/or a waistcoat, possibly a tie or two.

The back of the waistcoat on my three-piece uses the same navy material used for the lining of the suit jacket. Same applies for my three-piece Hudson I bought in F/W 14.

It's a standard practice to match the back of the waistcoat to the lining of the suit jacket rather than the actual waistcoat colour itself.

I only asked because I wasn't sure how conservative they were positioning that Havana 3-piece as I have seen exceptions (not with SuSu) where the fabric is the same throughout.

I must admit I had a love affair with Massimo Dutti for about a year before moving on (I still check it out and buy an item here and there). I am kinda wanting this vest here but not too keen on some details. I am basically wanting a herringbone gray waistcoat at the moment, but SuSu doesn't have anything similar.

http://www.massimodutti.com/gb/en/m...p7061148.html?colorId=802&categoryNav=1403338

MrTopCat

Reaction score
They have really started to phase them out. FW didn't have one. I expect no more than two per collection from here on out.

I really wanted that blue striped Madison in their warm weather collection but it was gone in my size before I realised the warm weather collection was actually a thing. Also the fact it was made of pure cotton was kind of a deal-breaker, but hopefully the brown Madison in their S/S 16 photoshoot has some wool in it but it looks like pure cotton too, based on the photos.

I only asked because I wasn't sure how conservative they were positioning that Havana 3-piece as I have seen exceptions (not with SuSu) where the fabric is the same throughout.

I must admit I had a love affair with Massimo Dutti for about a year before moving on (I still check it out and buy an item here and there). I am kinda wanting this vest here but not too keen on some details. I am basically wanting a herringbone gray waistcoat at the moment, but SuSu doesn't have anything similar.

http://www.massimodutti.com/gb/en/m...p7061148.html?colorId=802&categoryNav=1403338

I'm guessing you'd want a lapelled waistcoat? After purchasing that three-piece Havana I think I'd be reluctant to buy a waistcoat without lapels now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads