• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baked Potato

Reaction score

They fit pretty similarly.  I feel like the half is shorter and has a higher buttoning position.  I'd have to look into further, with a tape measurer, to be sure.  Unfortunately, I'm 3,000 miles away from my suits, and will be for a week.  Either way, as far as waist, chest, and shoulder measurements, they fit about the same.

Just compared the measurements on SS' website: The chest and waist areas are exactly alike, but the fully lined one is two centimeters longer and one centimeter wider in the shoulders. The length is what bothers me the most; 73 cm fits me perfectly.

Are they discounting the half-lined Washingtons, or will they possibly bring in any new half-lined ones in the future?

Last edited:

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
Just compared the measurements on SS' website: The chest and waist area are exactly alike, but the fully lined one is two centimeters longer and one centimeter wider in the shoulders. The length is what bothers me the most; 73 cm fits me perfectly.

Are they discounting the half-lined Washingtons, or will they possibly bring in any new half-lined ones in the future?

They released at least one new half lined suit and a couple new jackets this season. I know they released the half lined blue stripe suit, which I've wanted.. The measurements on the site are 100% inaccurate.

Chulillo

Reaction score
The measurements on the site are 100% inaccurate.
I agree... the only thing you can do is get two sizes (the ones you are in doubt about) and try them on at home, then return the one that you don't like how it fits. It can get very confusing sometimes with their size advisor.

Suntory

Reaction score
Sucks if you live overseas like me, but at least you have a trial and error in the first go and then every order will be fine after.

Suntory

Reaction score
I agree... the only thing you can do is get two sizes (the ones you are in doubt about) and try them on at home, then return the one that you don't like how it fits. It can get very confusing sometimes with their size advisor.
I'm a 37 chest and I'm going to buy a 46 from their site and hope for the best.

Suntory

Reaction score
After watching several episodes of Suits, Harvey Spectre's made me change my mind about peak lapels.

I took a quick glance at the Washngton suits, but the measurements seem to be off compared to the Washington jacket I tried on a couple of weeks ago (which I also posted about here recently).

The jacket I tried on was half-lined, does Washington really have different measurements between half- and full-lined jackets? The half-lined one fit me very well, it'd be unfortunate if they've changed the Washington fit completely, as it won't work for me in that case.
HS rocked those suits well, not so with the tie/lapel proportions thought.
I'm just concerned whether I could pull of a 2.5 button stance since I'm not exactly the tallest (179cm, or 5'10).

Chulillo

Reaction score
I'm a 37 chest and I'm going to buy a 46 from their site and hope for the best.
Good luck then @Suntory , fingers crossed!
fing02[1].gif

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
They had a deal for 5 for 50 Euros and at the time I think the exchange was 1 for 1.05 so it was basically 50 bucks. I think total came out to like 52 bucks.

@jamie411 They sent me a discount code today, which takes 30% off. Code is: HOHOHO
Should bring price to about $10 per. Shipping is free. Email said code good today only. I have no idea what time zone they are in or when it ends.

Last edited:

davidazio

Reaction score

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Is that for real? I thought someone photoshopped that.

Probably photoshopped, I found it on the internet and thought of Suitsupply straight away because of their lack of sales/clearance.

Except for the outlet, which is only for certain European countries, but sadly the UK is never included, even when the US was included in 2013's outlet sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads