• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

riton

Reaction score
But they are not frequent or cyclical... I mean, I remember there was one two summers ago for certain countries and another one this past winter for other countries (not including some of the countries that had the first sale)... so who know when will there be another sale from SuSu :(

I didn't compare with 2 years ago sales but January & July 2015 sales, the 9 selected countries didn't budge.

I guess we will see in a few weeks :)

Kimistry

Reaction score

Not sure I understand your response, unless you are trying to say that I shouldn't be asking that question, in which case I would have preferred you just said so. And to be clear, I was more just curious if it was posted on the internet somewhere or if someone from their company had alluded to such a sale.

riton

Reaction score
Be nice, guys, it's Christmas Eve :D

PS: I think Suntory was trying to be funny.

Last edited:

Suntory

Reaction score
Not sure I understand your response, unless you are trying to say that I shouldn't be asking that question, in which case I would have preferred you just said so. And to be clear, I was more just curious if it was posted on the internet somewhere or if someone from their company had alluded to such a sale.
K

ptr1988

Reaction score
Hi, apologize in advance for not tucking in my shirt, was in a hurry. This is my first suitsupply product, Havana plain navy jacket in a 34r. I was wondering how is the fit? There is something wrong with the lower back ( wrinkles, excess fabrics?). Could the wrinkle in the lower back be caused by the vents being closed? Also there are some vertical lines in the upper back... is that because its a little big on the back/ excess fabrics? How does the shoulders look from the back, is it okay? I was was wondering if I should nip the waist in the front a little to show some shape or use a little waist supression? Thanks

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone!

Meanwhile at Suitsupply...

Hi, apologize in advance for not tucking in my shirt, was in a hurry. This is my first suitsupply product, Havana plain navy jacket in a 34r. I was wondering how is the fit? There is something wrong with the lower back ( wrinkles, excess fabrics?). Could the wrinkle in the lower back be caused by the vents being closed? Also there are some vertical lines in the upper back... is that because its a little big on the back/ excess fabrics? How does the shoulders look from the back, is it okay? I was was wondering if I should nip the waist in the front a little to show some shape or use a little waist supression? Thanks

Opening the vents did actually fix this problem for me, I suggest you try it as you can return suits if the vents have been opened.

The jacket seems to fit well everywhere except the upper and lower back which could be fixed by opening the vent, or if that doesn't work take it to a tailor and they could take in the excess fabric from the center back seam, maybe even the side seams if necessary. The jacket sleeves could also be shortened slightly, but that's more a preference thing, as they aren't too long as they are right now.

Post your pics in the fit feedback thread too: http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/the-tailors-thread-fit-feedback-and-alteration-suggestions

Last edited:

Baked Potato

Reaction score
After watching several episodes of Suits, Harvey Spectre's made me change my mind about peak lapels.

I took a quick glance at the Washngton suits, but the measurements seem to be off compared to the Washington jacket I tried on a couple of weeks ago (which I also posted about here recently).

The jacket I tried on was half-lined, does Washington really have different measurements between half- and full-lined jackets? The half-lined one fit me very well, it'd be unfortunate if they've changed the Washington fit completely, as it won't work for me in that case.

Last edited:

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
After watching several episodes of Suits, Harvey Spectre's made me change my mind about peak lapels.

I took a quick glance at the Washngton suits, but the measurements seem to be off compared to the Washington jacket I tried on a couple of weeks ago (which I also posted about here recently).

The jacket I tried on was half-lined, does Washington really have different measurements between half- and full-lined jackets? The half-lined one fit me very well, it'd be unfortunate if they've changed the Washington fit completely, as it won't work for me in that case.

They fit pretty similarly. I feel like the half is shorter and has a higher buttoning position. I'd have to look into further, with a tape measurer, to be sure. Unfortunately, I'm 3,000 miles away from my suits, and will be for a week. Either way, as far as waist, chest, and shoulder measurements, they fit about the same.

ptr1988

Reaction score

Anyone help pls/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics