1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

I wouldn't be surprised if those are already Longs, Chocsosa is a really tall member. I like the Soho on you, if you feel your tailor can work with the sleeves and it doesn't bother you then go for it. A double breasted looks good on you my man!

1 person likes this.
  2. ultramantaro

ultramantaro Senior member

It actually fits you pretty well OTR. The back, personally, I wouldn't care too much unless it really bothers you. Otherwise I do find for some reason the sleeves are short on the Soho - though as another person has mentioned unless the button hole can look identical, I wouldn't bother with trying to open them up. The suit is $499 or $599 and that job alone is more than $100. For me I couldn't justify it.

1 person likes this.
  3. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

I'd rather spend the money and get a perfect fit. I say do it.

1 person likes this.
  4. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

That has always been my take.. I buy things knowing I am going to wear them for a long time. My oldest suit supply suit is from 2011 and I still wear it a lot today. I dont buy things from a price tag stand point. If I buy something then I have a plan to put it in my rotation and wear it with confidence. So I will get it to fit right because if I dont then I wont wear it and I wasted whatever amount of money on said item.

3 people like this.
  5. vc74

vc74 Active Member

EDIT. I had written something, and completely misunderstood your statement. So I erased my original post. Sorry guys [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  6. db9sfast

db9sfast Member

Sheeeot How tall are you? Looks like a 42L? You make the suit look tiny!!!! sleeves aside, the proportions of the jacket make you look very short. Since the Dutch are the tallest race in the world, you can ask them if they have even larger sizes in the Netherlands. I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

It's a sad day when you end up being a susu extreme. I'm hitting the other way. In between a 34 and 36. Any smaller I'm out.

7. SartyIrv

SartyIrv Member

8. pomor

pomor Senior member

Just a heads up -- more styles have been added. Some of my links from last week have gone up. Many styles' ship dates are in March though if you order today

1 person likes this.
  9. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

Im 6"9 so in terms of the arms yes, they are a little short. About an 1.5 inches or so. In terms of the length I like it.. I have longer DB's and they fit well.. but I want something a little contemporary.. so I think this fits the bill..most of my suits are structured and my S.C's soft in terms of tailoring so I think this would bridge the gap in my wardrobe in terms of a full suit with soft tailoring..

10. h3ro

h3ro Well-Known Member

11. rbhan12

rbhan12 Senior member

Thought I'd let you gents know I've listed a 40R La Spalla plain grey wool/silk/cashmere blend. Listing in the signature!

12. jacksonkeeper

jacksonkeeper Active Member

chocsosa-

The Soho DB jacket looks great. If you have a trusted tailor who can fix the sleeve length and button you'd be set.

On another note, do you find that you usually wear a knit polo with jackets? Might be a look I'm considering integrating in my wardrobe.

1 person likes this.
  13. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

Thanks for the heads up! The suit ive been waiting for was finally added. Think it will serve as a nice suit and a nice separate jacket. Just wonder when it will be released and shipped since it told me nothing after my order.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  14. ZheNewYork

ZheNewYork Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Does any of you gents have the vest from last season which is identical to this one? I'm a true 38R and not sure which size should go for...

1 person likes this.
  15. phsiao08

phsiao08 Senior member

I'm a 38r, 15.5 shirt size and for the size M. Fits great.

1 person likes this.
  16. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

Thanks! I only have this one Long Sleeve knit polo and I wear it interchangeably with or without a jacket... it works well.. the only I would change is I would rather have a banded hem at the bottom.. but thats nit picking for me..A well made long sleeve knit polo is a welcome addition in a well dressed mans wardrobe in my opinion..

17. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

Well apparently they already shipped out my preordered suit that I just ordered today, no complaints here.

18. RexBanner

RexBanner Active Member

Which one did you order? I haven't really found anything I like yet. I wish they had more wool trousers even though its the spring/summer collection.

1 person likes this.
  19. pomor

pomor Senior member

Exact same. Shirt size 15.5 or 15.3/4

20. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior member

Does that mean preorder items are shipping out immediately? I remember seeing some notice that preorder items don't get shipped until end of February...