1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. phsiao08

phsiao08 Senior member

2. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

Gagliardi are good if you are like 150 cm's tall. They jackets are amazingly short, and the trousers run very, very slim. Basically a fashion suit, although they are admittedly well made. I bought one last summer and regretted it.

3. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

Finally got my two Madison's today. Picked them up at the border. After fees, taxes and currency conversion, didn't really "save" much at outlet prices. Came out to almost regular price. Anyways. I'm disappointed between the two. QC is awful. The two jackets fit VERY differently. One suit jacket has a major collar gap issue while the other does not. To top off the bad luck, I'll need to have the sleeves shortened if I want to wear one of them in public. Not gonna be easy with SuSu's functional buttons...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  4. kithking23

kithking23 Well-Known Member

What are the sizes? Are you selling any?

5. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior member

Shortening sleeves is not a problem with functioning buttons. It just means that the gap between the jacket cuff to the first button hole will be shorter. But in my experience, they already run long, so shortening by .5-.75 inches is fine. Generally, you want to leave about 1.25" between the cuff edge and the first button hole.

6. osw880

osw880 Member

I was looking into add a charcoal grey suit in my wardrobe. I don't have a grey suit yet. Also, I prefer a darker one over light grey anyways.

I never purchased or tried on Napoli. (Only have Lazio and Hudson) How do you guys like the fit? Also, is this a nice charcoal grey colour you would recommend to your friends? or is it too dark to be a grey suit?

(btw, the suit is this season's pre-order item)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  7. Mrlol

Mrlol Senior member

?

8. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior member

I bought the same size in both and that worked for me.

9. KWang94

KWang94 Well-Known Member

Received my Jort Harris Tweed from the Outlet sale. Almost perfect fit out of the box.[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  10. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Did prices go up in other regions? Noticed some of the suit and jacket prices seemed higher but bags have definitely jumped up noticably

11. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

Wore mine today too. I may let out the waist a little but otherwise pretty great fit OTR. It's a great jacket.

12. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

38R. I may sell one or both, but I'd be selling them to recoup my money, so the cost will be higher than if you purchased them directly from the outlet. Fair warning.

The cost of shortening the sleeves and maybe doing further tailoring is gonna cost me. Isn't sleeves around $75?

13. kithking23

kithking23 Well-Known Member

Sorry but I'm not with the people who buy from the outlet and then sell for higher prices,it's you're right if you want,but it is also my right to reject such debauchery

14. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior member

Nope. I get mine done for $25.

15. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

If you read my post you'll see I crossed the border, picked up the suits and brought them into Canada. I've paid NY+Ontario tax + currency conversion. You're welcome to do what you want, but please, do read.

Good to know. I'm always worried about working with a tailor and not having a number to work with.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  16. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

Shortening from the sleeve is inexpensive. But if the sleeve is very long, the jacket will have to be shortened from the shoulder because of those stupid functioning buttonholes. In that case, be prepared to pay a lot more.

17. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior member

Why would it require shortening from the shoulder? They would just cut the excess fabric to prevent from overlapping over the button holes, no?

In any event, shortening from the shoulder costs me $45.

Separately, what do you guys think of the new s/s waistcoats?

18. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

I buy a larger size (50L instead of 48L EU) because of the longer length and lower button stance. The sleeves on a 50L are way too long for my T-rex arms, so they have to be shortened from the shoulder.

My local tailor charges €80. It's considerably more expensive than having SuSu do it, but at least I can be assured of end result. I learned that lesson the hard way.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  19. ofasho

ofasho New Member

I have an athletic build and almost exclusively wear Napoli's. I love them--great value and they fit me OTR almost perfectly in a 44L. I have a couple Sienna's in 42L but the Napoli is my workhouse suit. I love mine in dark grey and wear light grey, navy, and a navy pinstripe weekly as well.

If you normally wear the Hudson and Lazio, you may find Napoli's cut a bit more conservative than you're used to.

1 person likes this.
  20. M2511

M2511 Senior member

He doesn't appear to be someone who bought several items with intent to flip them. Seems to me he bought them with intent to wear and it just didn't work out. Recouping his cost is entirely different than flipping them for profit. Certainly you don't have to buy them from him but debauchery doesn't really seem to be the case here.

Overlapping over the button holes isn't the issue, the issue is if it is too long and you cut from the bottom you could conceivably cut so far that the functioning button holes are either too close to the cuff or actually get cut into. In order to preserve the button holes and make the jacket work you would need to take the excess fabric from the top which is far more costly than taking it from the bottom. It also requires more skill and can result in the jacket ultimately not fitting despite the alteration. Unless you are very confident in your tailor, it is probably something you want to try to avoid.

The new waistcoats look pretty good to me. I may pick up 2-3.