1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. monkeynuts

monkeynuts Well-Known Member

I do not tie tight knots and I always reverse-tie to get them off. I keep them folded and do not hang them.

Despite this, my two tie purchases from the outlet have stretched to the point where they are barely wearable.

Better off saving your money for a Sam Hober or a Drake sale

Or maybe suitsupply's first quality non-outlet ties are different, I have not bought one yet so I don't know

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  2. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

I've only owned one SuSu tie (bought at full price), and it was thoroughly mediocre. It didn't stay in my closet for long.

There are plenty of better options that don't break the bank, especially if you buy in sales season.

3. GnarlyBear

GnarlyBear Member

They definitely have different suppliers for different patterns. I have 3 and each one is different in construction and quality of silk. One of the them ties like nothing else, more so than the much higher end ones I have, but the rest are above average, fairly priced, run of the mill.

4. DonnyDB10

DonnyDB10 Member

Guys, question about Suitsupply's trouser rise. I'm a newbie to all of this so forgive me if it's a stupid question. Is their trouser rise considered low, medium, or high? Reason I ask is because I'm having that annoying issue where the triangle of shirt keeps peaking through below the fastening button & I was wondering if that was related directly to trouser rise.

5. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

And of course the only Biella jacket in Pre-Order is $639...

I still don't understand SS logic by not offering more of this style in other fabrics.

6. John L

John L Well-Known Member

The rise is low to medium, depending on the fit you purchased.

7. DonnyDB10

DonnyDB10 Member

I have a Lazio & a Napoli. Is there a difference? To me it doesn't seem so.

8. John L

John L Well-Known Member

Between those? You'd have to check the measurements on the web or take them yourself. This is, like, pretty easy to do with measuring tape or something as clumsy as a ruler.

Alternatively, if your shirt keeps on coming untucked, consider that your shirt might be too short? My nicer dress shirts are generally longer than my cheap ones.

9. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior member

Yup. Could be the shirt. I noticed that suitsupply's two ply dress shirts are shorter on the sides compared to their other shirts, such that they become exposed more easily if I make larger movements. I avoid their two ply shirts now as a result.

10. EUtroll

EUtroll Senior member

Yikes. In Europe it's only €399.

11. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

I have a Napoli in Regular and Long sizes. The long size has a higher rise than the regular size.

12. h3ro

h3ro Well-Known Member

The conversions on the products in the states versus the European pricing is nuts.

13. Mrlol

Mrlol Senior member

i got size 48 in lazio with a suit, should i go for same size in the overcoat with vicenza fit?

I need help about that asap. i ordered a bleeker coat but it was too big in size 48.

14. ultramantaro

ultramantaro Senior member

USD is pretty much a rip off on SuSu. It's not a rip off compared to the many crappy brands we get in Trump-o-land (j/k), but knowing what they charge in EU means a no no for me. I've only purchased through the outlet.

1 person likes this.
  15. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

If it's any consolation, Europeans get ripped off in plenty of other ways.

16. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior member

Yeah, it sucks that we're charged more in the US, but it wasn't long ago that the EUR was much stronger compared to the USD.

And even with the uplift, I find it hard to find something of similar quality for the same price point. Do you guys know of other brands of similar quality at the same price point?

17. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

I would like to hear thoughts regarding this as well.

18. TokenMao

TokenMao Well-Known Member

Spier & Mackay. Half-canvassed construction, suits are around $300 USD with the exchange rate. I've also heard some good things about gagliardi.

19. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior member

Thanks. I'll check them out. Do they have fabrics sourced from renown mills? Or more generally, would you say that the fabrics that they use are of comparable quality to those of SS?

20. TokenMao

TokenMao Well-Known Member

Spier & Mackay uses S110's Australian Merino Wool, which imo is comparable to the fabrics used for SS's blue line suits.