1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so yeah i think the waistcoat is too short for me
    i'm a size 40R
    6'1", 200 lbs
    a little snug and a little short on me

if someone 40R and shorter than me is interested in the waistcoat, please message me
    i'll go and make a for sale posting

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  2. pomor

pomor Senior member

I think I like the gray one better than navy, but let us know when you get it. The gray one is not yet available for pre-order (see my link in the post above with photos)

3. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

@pomor How do you discover all these styles, because none of them could be ordered - says Product not available ..

Not that I would order any, but would like to browse through the collection if possible ..

4. pomor

pomor Senior member

They will be up in the coming weeks. SS only makes the first wave live. I just substitute the last number in the product code in the URL, and so on.

1 person likes this.
  5. BlairW

BlairW Active Member

6. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

You're right the grey and even green are pretty nice. Damn it guess I'll hold off

7. ScofieldReturns

ScofieldReturns Senior member

Reason I like the one on site is that the bottom pockets are welt and not patch pockets. Lower patch pockets with a pocket flap can make your mid section look much larger than it is. Doesn't make for a sleek look. And I prefer navy to gray since literally all my pants are grey.

8. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Fair enough, also wool blend v cotton

9. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

Black watch plaid is largely associated with the holidays, and being a tuxedo it's very formal - so ideal for your holiday parties. But Year-round? I'd say no.

10. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

If anybody size 44L missed the outlet sale I'm going to let go of the 2 jackets I bought. They're just a little too short on me, ideally I'd need a 44XL but Suitsupply doesn't make extra longs. I have the green Harris Tweed Jort and brown check Havana. Both are really great fabrics and I would have kept them if they fit better. Willing to let go of them at cost, I'll pay shipping. PM me if interested before I post the B&S listing.

11. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

I think the jacket and pants are too much together. The jacket would be nice with black pans, and the pants would be good with a more conservative top. Could be worth it to buy it for that reason alone, and then I guess if you're feeling really wild you can do the whole thing.

12. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

[​IMG]

Size 42R for sale. PM if interested

EDIT:SOLD

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  13. Kelvin0683

Kelvin0683 Member

Did anyone grab any of the $25 ties during the outlet sale? If so, what are they like?

14. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

I've bought some from the last two outlets sales. The SS ties that retail for $45 are okay, the ones that are $65+ are made with better fabrics. The construction for all the ties appears similar, so I think the price difference is related to the different fabrics. That said, I suspect the brown and navy 7-folds were probably the best deal among the outlet ties. I wouldn't know from experience because I didn't buy one (don't need a plain navy or brown tie).

I've detected a few minor defects on a few ties - I.e loose thread on the tie keeper, poorly attached tag, etc, - but nothing major. I think they're a good deal for $20 or so, if the pattern/style meets your needs.

1 person likes this.
  15. osw880

osw880 Member

Good to know. Thanks for the information. I feel like I should've bought any of the 7 fold tie either navy or brown.. but by the time I purchased two jackets and three shirts. I couldn't buy any more items. :( Next time.

16. jfo2010

jfo2010 Active Member

Why does SS have such a high affinity for white pants? I would like to see how their jackets look with pants that are not white since I rarely to never wear white trousers. If you look at their jacket page and don't count the formal jackets or shorts with jacket, 34 out of 83 are with white trousers. 40%.

Just venting. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the S/S release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. h3ro

h3ro Well-Known Member

Picked up both during the outlet and even wore the brown one yesterday. They tie a great knot. The smooth surface definitely snags a bit on my fingers. I think it's a sign I need a manicure, right?

18. Alexandru

Alexandru Active Member

One reason might be that the jacket pops up better and your eyes go immediately to it. But speaking of trousers and white, is there a pair of off-white trousers that has a grey tinge instead of a yellow one? From what I've seen most of the trousers are more towards yellow.

1 person likes this.
  19. SimModa

SimModa Member

Forgot to update you guys on my outlet purchases.

My first outlet and SuSu purchase from January 2016 was the Copenhagen, back when I was a 38R. After some weight gain/loss, I finally got around to trying the suit on but I couldn't get the pants up beyond my thighs. Once the Tampa SuSu had opened I proceeded to get myself sized at a 40R and purchased a Lazio blue plain, and a Havana Brown Check 3 piece.

This time around I pulled a trigger on a 40R Green Copenhagen Cotton/Linen blend, 40R Blue Washinton Linen, and a burgundy slim portfolio.
    It wasn't until I bought the last Green Copenhagen that I realized people size up on the Copenhagen fit. When the suits came in, both ended up fitting much slimmer than my Lazio or Havana. I don't believe I needed any tailoring on the jacket; however, the waist, seat, and thighs were horrible. I was about to sell both until the tailor at SuSu Tampa said he could save both. Total came out to $100 for taking out the waist and seat as well as tapering and shortening the trousers for both suits.

I will be updating you guys on how it turns out and looking for any constructive criticism on the fit!