1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I have similar issues with the pants which is why I only got some jackets as well. I did finally get shipping notification and tracking numbers for my order as well, which is being sent in 2 different shipments. One is scheduled to arrive on Jan 30th and the other just says the label was created but I don't have a shipping or delivery estimate yet.

2. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

So I grabbed a few pics of the two suits that I picked up from the SS Outlet. They actually both turned out pretty good, especially considering I often have problems with the pants and/or jacket waist being too tight. In this case the sizing variance of SS worked in my favor! I'll include a few pics of each (forgive the lack of socks, I threw these shoes on just so you don't have to see my feet!):

Havana Blue Plain suit (P3962), Size US38R in a blue/black melange-like S130 wool flannel by Trabaldo Togna (not familiar with this mill). The left sleeve (the one that looks like my right shoulder in the images - because of the mirror-effect) is a 1/4" longer than the right. I need to take the left sleeve up just a bit 1/4-1/2", hem the pants (they're just folded under in these pics) and let out the seat just a little because there's a little pocket flair:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a close up of the fabric:

[​IMG]

Sienna Blue Plain suit (P3950), Size US38R in a steel blue birdseye (nailhead?) wool by Reda. The suit is described as S130 online, but the tag inside the jacket says Reda S110 (maybe that's why this suit ended up in the outlet? Wrong tag or wrong description...?). I think the jacket waist could be let out just a little (maybe 1"), and hem the pants:

Its a bit lighter IRL, a more blue-grey color - see the other pics for a better representation:

[​IMG]

Needs pressing because there are creases from storage/shipping:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Close up of fabric:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bottom line: these will fit in my suit collection rather nicely - they're different enough from the basic blues and greys that I already have. The only issue is they're both from F/W collection, and the fabrics won't be appropriate for warmer weather. But I got both suits for less than the retail price of the Havana alone, so I'm happy and will be keeping these.

2 people like this.
  3. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  4. KWang94

KWang94 Well-Known Member

That bird's eye fabric is lovely.

I would be surprised if the Sienna was a S110 and not a S130. Hell, you could slap a blonde wig on me and call me Suzy if I'm wrong.

1 person likes this.
  5. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

So I received this jacket yesterday , but it definitely is not suitable for summer. I was specifically looking for a summer jacket so this will be going on B&S tomorrow. Looking to get what I paid which is $199 + shipping. Pm me if interested.

6. kithking23

kithking23 Well-Known Member

Size?

7. Gabru

Gabru Senior member

Sorry forgot to mention that, it's 40R

8. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

Agreed, I have 2 other Siennas and they're both S130, I'm guessing it's just an improper label. Or else you're Suzy...

9. JAEBH

JAEBH Active Member

Looking for a 42l Navt Suit or coat. Pls pm me. Thx in advance

10. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

It is really ridiculous how off their suits can be in regards to size control. I have a Hudson I purchased that fits me just about perfectly, I needed zero alterations. Then I purchased another Hudson in the exact same size and it literally felt like I sized down one whole size. Was squeezing my chest with higher armholes and felt so uncomfortable buttoned. Yet somehow the sleeves were much longer. Now have to definitely return this jacket.

11. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior member

Hey guys, wanted to get your opinions on two items I got recently. One is the brown cashmere overcoat I scored from The Netherlands airport on my way back (saved $300 buying in Europe). It was the only coat that they had in my size at the airport (it was on a mannequin), so it was a bit of an impulse purchase given that it wasn't the coat I was originally looking for.

[​IMG]

The second item is a bodywarmer that I had wanted a while back that went on sale during the outlet. While I like it, my family and coworkers weren't as keen on it. My sister-in-law thought it looked a little like a waiters vest while my coworker thought it was a bit progressive.

[​IMG]

What do you guys think in terms of fit and style of both?

1 person likes this.
  12. phsiao08

phsiao08 Senior member

I have a similar vest - I think it's a great layering piece that's unusual and stylish in all the right ways plus it looks awesome on you!

13. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

The vest looks off in some way. It's not the kind of vest you typically imagine.

14. harleec7

harleec7 New Member

I'm assuming the 40R doesn't fit correctly? If so would you be open to selling?

Thanks
    H

15. harleec7

harleec7 New Member

The overcoat is a definitive yes.

The vest looks interesting, there must be some inspiration lying around the internet where someone has layered this effectively.

16. ultramantaro

ultramantaro Senior member

The coat I have to say is very ho hum. The fabric is likely nice, but the cut is not very flattering, and that color means you will visit the cleaners pretty often. I could have easily mistaken the coat from BR or GAP.

I actually think the vest is OK. No waiters wear a puffy waistcoat. I think it works well with dark denim and in general, business casual attire (no chinos IMHO), but like shirt underneath.

17. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior member

The fabric and color of the coat is nicer in person than in the pictures. There is a little bit of gray that comes out from the cashmere fabric. I don't expect to use this coat often since I live in LA, it was primary to serve the need of when I travel abroad and need to wear an overcoat over my suit/jacket. Overall, I think the color stands out more than your standard navy or gray, which I like.

As for the vest, I like your idea of using it with denim. Honestly, just worried that more people may find it strange since I've already gotten a few from people close to me.

18. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

Are you wearing a jacket under the coat? It looks right in length but otherwise seems rather roomy.

As for the vest, I think its pretty cool. Its different, but I think its nice - a more tailored version of a puffer.

19. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior member

I'm not wearing a jacket underneath the coat which may explain the roominess.

Thanks for the thoughts on the vest. At least I know some people don't find it too outlandish. =)

20. ultramantaro

ultramantaro Senior member

I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Even for places like LA fashion seems to be super generic (just my humble opinion). I think of it like a more refined version of the puffy Uniqlo vests that everyone wears these days.