1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. SimModa

SimModa Member

I have a 38R Navy Copenhagen Suit that I am looking to sell, never worn since 40R is my size. I believe it is a cotton/linen blend. If anyone would be interested please let me know.

I am looking for full suits and jackets 40R and shirts that are 15 1/2.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  2. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

Just to update regarding the custom/tax ..

I have ordered several items from the recent outlet sale, and one of them, the coat, that costed 159 EUR was sent from their USA warehouse to Germany.

7 days later I have received a letter from the UPS and the German custom asking me to pay additional 67,12 EUR ..

3. db9sfast

db9sfast Member

Holy crap! I got the Same notification of damaged package. Like same location, time & place. I would rather have the product than a refund. I really wish when it's final sale, and Suitsupply screws up, they shoud allow an exchange. Not a refund.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  4. SimModa

SimModa Member

Glad I can relate to someone. Exactly, I honestly just want the item I purchased. If it takes a few days longer I don't mind. If they give us an exchange it should be something in the regular store equal to the original price (not discounted price) of the outlet product. Since by the time these mishaps happen, mostly everything is sold out.

I am curious to know what happened in this situation. Maybe the delivery vehicle got in an accident?
    Do you think we should contact SuitSupply or just wait until they contact us or UPS updates their tracking.

5. kithking23

kithking23 Well-Known Member

Picture please?

6. kithking23

If anyone is selling any
    Hudsons or havana's in a size 36
    Please pm me with prices
    Thanks

7. db9sfast

db9sfast Member

Up until now, I thought the UPS truck ran over my package. Now that it's 2 shipments, both maybe they are still intact. Because it's hard to run over 2 of them. UPS also uses it as a catch-all for the smallest things (leaks, package falling apart, accidents etc)

I already called chatted with suitsupply. Basically there's nothing they can do until UPS sends photos and UPS files the damage paperwork (2-3 more days). UPS will actually open it to see what's salvageable. Hopefully this is UPS exaggerating the issue.

I also feel that suitsupply should do more in final sales. You are in a commitment, and they should atleast commit to an undiscounted exchange. I really hate the out-of-stock and damaged-goods issues.

8. M2511

M2511 Senior member

Certainly unfortunate but I think a full refund is the reasonable option. Sure it sucks not to get the item but let's assume ups pays them the value of the transaction (not sure what the actual policy is) you think SS should eat half the cost of a new current suit line? That would be some pretty awesome customer service and I might find myself hoping packages get damaged in some cases hah.

2 people like this.
  9. KWang94

KWang94 Well-Known Member

To hop, anyone selling any 34R Havanas?

10. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

I'll be selling a Grey Jort suit, Light Brown Hopsack Jort jacket as well as a Navy York suit in a 34R if anyone is interested. Also have the Navy Havana Traveler in a 36S up for sale. Feel free to PM me.

11. db9sfast

db9sfast Member

Is anyone else who shopped at the outlet getting a
    "Your package was damaged in transit. We will notify the sender with details."
    date "01/20/2017"
    location "Eindhoven, Netherlands"
    from UPS

I am counting 2 people so far on this forum. Really sucks. Hope its trivial. Gonna miss out on something I really really wanted from the outlet.

Did anyone ever get a 'damaged in transit' even on their regular orders? What ended up happening?

12. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

Outlet is now closed.

13. Spandexter

Spandexter Senior member

As a resident of a non participating country...Hoorah. Bring on S/S!

3 people like this.
  14. riton

riton Senior member

Please no, my wallet needs some rest !! [​IMG]

15. EUtroll

EUtroll Senior member

Need to seriously update the s/s wardrobe so looking forward to the arrivals. My wallet is not.

16. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

When will we see the first SS items in Europe?

17. h3ro

h3ro Well-Known Member

What day did your items ship out?
    I have a package that I received shipping confirmation on 1/20 and still waiting on an update on its tracking.

I believe end February/ beginning March.

18. EUtroll

EUtroll Senior member

They sent out mails about pre-orders in late January and the second week of February last year so we should expect things fairly soon.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  19. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Amen. Now that the "outlet craze" is over, can we go back to our regular schedule, please? :slayer:

20. kithking23

Spoke to a rep in tysons over the weekend and I believe he said that the new S/S will be around march 14