1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

Well played - but it was in my cart before 9:10 EST. Wear it in good health! If it was the blue one, I would've bought it in a heartbeat.

2. Togas

Togas Well-Known Member

Looking at overcoats.

Can anybody explain the difference between the Piacenza cut and the Vicenza fit?
    They look the same to me.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  3. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

@masernaut
    I guess it depends on your interpretation of tobacco brown... If you do a google image search, you'll see a number of shades of brown described as "tobacco." That said, I think something like these are closer to what I consider "tobacco":

[​IMG][​IMG]

Edit: This is the suit you linked (in case people can't access the outlet):
    [​IMG]

4. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. askim35

askim35 Member

Picked up 2 dress shirts and a lazio. Closing the page and not opening again so im not tempted for more

6. laost28

laost28 Member

Will they add new items? In the past, typically how soon and how often after opening day?

7. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior member

Just purchased this but unfortunately they didn't have my size (M), so I ended up buying the Small. Anyone know if there is room to let out the waist at all typically with these types of body warmers?

8. h3ro

h3ro Well-Known Member

I'm this close to pulling the trigger on that 3 piece Jort. That thing is gorgeous.

9. ultramantaro

ultramantaro Senior member

Glad that someone snatched the soho blue striped DB that I was eyeing for the last 2 hours. Couldn't hit the pay button because of the $100 price increase reported earlier on this thread, and don't want to feel like getting ripped off.

10. Christopher Essex

Christopher Essex Senior member

IF the outlet was available in Canada, I probably would have purchased a few jackets and a suit, minimum. **sigh**

11. pmestrad

pmestrad Senior member

Can anyone comment on the suede single monks?

12. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

Thanks for the reply. I haven't pulled the trigger on this one. For $299, a 3-piece seems like a good deal in full linen cut. This is the kind of look I want to go for.

13. slickslickslick

slickslickslick Active Member

The Lazio in question is a good deal darker, yet considerably more washed out, than that suit.

If this button were a suit, it'd be the three-piece brown Linen Lazio:

[​IMG]

14. ralphs

ralphs New Member

The value proposition is still pretty strong at these prices. I mean, even MSRP is a great value for some pieces.

15. deem

deem Senior member

I am thinking about picking up a bag or portfolio from the outlet. Can anyone provide some feedback about the bag leather quality? I searched through the thread but cannot seem to find anything. Thanks for any help!

16. FranklinMadison

FranklinMadison Member

I find Suit Supply's jackets fit me well, but that their pants, even in their roomiest cut, are too tight in the thighs and seat. I may pick up a cotton-linen sportcoat, but no suits . . . its a shame, because the times I've handled their suits they have seemed to be very well-constructed for the price.

17. ultramantaro

ultramantaro Senior member

I would say for $119 it's hard to do better. I can't say however if it's split suede or not, but otherwise blake construction with a leather sole with rubber insert is pretty decent for what they are asking for.

18. KWang94

KWang94 Well-Known Member

Anyone willing to proxy to Canada? Let me know.

19. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

That really puts it in perspective! Thank you. I'll skip on the Lazio this time around.

20. KWang94

KWang94 Well-Known Member