1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

What is the consensus on the Livorno line?

2. notdos

notdos Well-Known Member

2 Havana SC's and 4 ties...under $500...hard to beat imho.

Phillip :slayer:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  3. askim35

askim35 Member

Is the EU outlet going on now as well?

4. q1445

q1445 Active Member

I have Napolis, Hudsons, and Livorno. The Livorno fits a bit bigger than the others. IMO

5. h3ro

h3ro Well-Known Member

EU outlet was last week in a few select countries. No word on it opening up again.

6. askim35

askim35 Member

Boo. The same sohos i got a couple outlets ago are up $100. Still some nice finds in there though

7. h3ro

h3ro Well-Known Member

Yeah was surprised to see the price bump on the linen blend DB suits I picked up in the last few outlets. Pretty happy with the Guabello cashmere/wool blend Soho though, I was happy with $600 a few years back so to get it now at 50% of that is great!.

8. professorclee

professorclee Senior member

I picked up some replacements for jackets I had lost in the past. One was a white linen Havana that first got Indian food on it and then had a pen explode in the breast pocket. The other is this loose weave (hopsack?) blue Havana that some louts stole from me at the baggage check in the airport last year.

[​IMG]

9. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

Picked up just 2 white shirts. can't complain for $75, couldn't justify a third shirt for the sake of getting it at around $30.

10. laost28

laost28 Member

Originally Posted by professorclee [​IMG]

I picked up some replacements for jackets I had lost in the past. One was a white linen Havana that first got Indian food on it and then had a pen explode in the breast pocket. The other is this loose weave (hopsack?) blue Havana that some louts stole from me at the baggage check in the airport last year.

the the one you referenced earlier in the thread? Congrats!

11. ultramantaro

ultramantaro Senior member

Definitely prices in the eu outlet was much better. Though I did see this shirt in person last season in the San Francisco store I believe:

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/shirts/brown-shirt/H4550U04.html

and though $50 is worth the try given the general positive consensus on SS shirts.

Quick question - does the Soho tend to fit longer than the other jackets (Lazio, Washington, etc.) by default? Was thinking of one but if it's longer, than the size won't work out for me. Thanks!

12. professorclee

professorclee Senior member

Yep. That's the one. I got lucky on it.

13. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

I almost took this from you - I had it in my cart, and decided to let it go. Its beautiful, but just not sure I'd get much use out of a burgundy double breasted. As is, I did enough damage to my wallet today.

Edit: Ended up grabbing some shirts, ties, the Jort Harris Tweed jacket, a pair of shoes, and a linen Havana. We'll see how the jacket and suits fit, and if they don't I'll try to recoup my costs, I guess. I get the Final Sale for Outlet, but a lot of Suitsupply items are made with very unique fabrics, and its tough to judge them on a computer monitor - so very risky if you've never seen/handled the item in store.

I think next go around, I'll leverage the in-laws in Europe and buy through the EU outlet - the prices were a LOT lower.

14. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

I've never found anything I really liked in the outlet sale and this year is the same, sadly. Oh well

15. h3ro

h3ro Well-Known Member

Just scrolled through my SuitSupply purchase history to confirm it and they did indeed increase prices on the same pieces from previous outlets. I picked up a Madison last year at $199 which was priced $299 this year.

The European prices were fantastic this outlet, crazy increase for the States.

16. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

Scratch that. Got the two Madison cuts - blue, chalk stripe and grey plain. I'm in love with DB suits.

17. ultramantaro

ultramantaro Senior member

Thanks for the pointer. No go for me based on the $100 increase.

18. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

Quote:

1 person likes this.
  19. Togas

Togas Well-Known Member

Does anybody know what cut from Suit Supply is the closest to Brook Brothers Regent in their suits?

I know SS runs slim. I've never worn their suits before and I'm interested in some of the outlet stuff. Don't need any, just want.

20. masernaut

masernaut Senior member

Someone put back the Lazio 3-piece in linen right after I already put an order. Why, why, why. I was gonna buy that! Does anyone know if
    Quote: this guy is more like a tobacco brown?