1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. RexBanner

RexBanner Active Member

Wow some amazing prices on some of the items. I bought a bag just last that's already on sale now. Are the leather bags even worth buying from Suitsupply? Jealous of the people that can shop at the outlet!

2. nttdocomo

nttdocomo Senior member

I went for a belt as I need more, a bag as I love bags and needed a weekender, a Lazio plain grey which would fill a gap in my wardrobe, and a blue Washington jacket for the summer.

It is less appealing than last year, but tbh their normal offering is so good so... outlet should always be just a lucky punt.

3. RedRoadster

RedRoadster Well-Known Member

Sign in first then switch your location and then you'll be able to,I just did it

it doesn t work how exactly do you do it.

4. devo666

devo666 Member

Anyone know wtf these French sizes are for short jackets?

23, 24, 25? Are they just cutting the regular size 46, 48, 50 in half?

5. Alpha11

Alpha11 Senior member

It was not a comment made to come off as sexist or condescending. I am sorry that you took it that way is it was not my intention to have it seen that way. Rather, an observation from many years in the retail fashion business. You might not have been aware that there is a well known difference in the matter in which women shop in comparison to the shopping habits of men. Rather you agree with it or not it is something that is a common held belief by those in the industry of retail and fashion.

1 person likes this.
  6. kithking23

kithking23 Well-Known Member

I signed in on the actual website,not the outlet,and switched to French. Then I went to the outlet and added items and signed in

7. ultramantaro

ultramantaro Senior member

The site uses your cookie to geolocate, so if you use incognito or private mode you should be able to get in and complete checkout. Only problem of course without stating the obvious, is unless you have an EU address someone will have to proxy it for you.

One quesiton - for some reason on my browser all the Long and Short sizes of suits/jackets are not in the right number. For short, they start in the twenties like 23, 24, and 25. What the heck? Does anyone know why?

My size is 38S, and I know it's 48 but I am looking for a 48S and I can't figure it out from the strange numbers. Thanks!

8. nttdocomo

nttdocomo Senior member

Attempt to convert the table.

40L (me) is 98.

1 person likes this.
  9. devo666

devo666 Member

i think they're just cutting the regular sizes in half (looks like the long sizes are grossed up). so, i'm assuming that 38S US size = 24 French size.

i wear a 36S in havana, so that would be 23. thanks for making me feel like even more of a midget, you french surrender monkeys (jk, i love the french).

1 person likes this.
  10. EUtroll

EUtroll Senior member

Some OK pieces, but decided to wait for the s/s stuff instead hoping for more SCs in the Biella cut.

11. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

Ordered this as well. I believe it's from the current F/W 16 and had a fair price of $155.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. h3ro

h3ro Well-Known Member

Great pick. I have my eyes on that as well if it becomes available in the US outlet. I tried it out in person at my local Suit Supply and the texture is very nice. The appearance is a bit more flecked in person, so it's not as bright white as it appears in pictures.

13. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

Thanks. I was actually hoping for this. Had in mind that the effect of almost milky white look must be due to strong light they have used in the studio.

Edit: During the browsing and adding items to the shopping bag, the return policy of 30 days was always active aside. Now, bellow the information that the order was send sits the - Return order option. So I believe this year it will definitely be possible to return items. Also, I can hardly imagine if someone paid via PP not to be able to force the return via Dispute. Not fair in case there's no return option, but still plausible.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  14. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

I don't think US outlet is opening

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  15. h3ro

h3ro Well-Known Member

Did you do this through a proxy or someone you know in Europe? (basing this on your Location set to RI)

16. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

Maybe, maybe not. In the past there were outlets that opened in the US without a corresponding one opening in Europe and vice versa. But there were also outlets that opened in both the US and Europe - just not at the same time. For example, this past July, it opened and closed in Europe before then opening in the US. I bet it will open in the US, maybe next week. If it does, don't get your hopes up for finding a staple item, but you still might find a few gems.

17. MelangePowered

MelangePowered New Member

Is there an overlap in inventory between EU/UK and US? I'm assuming the shipping costs would make that prohibitive, but wondering if the inventory we're seeing for EU currently would be similar to what we may see in the US when/if our Outlet website is activated.

18. rye225

rye225 Active Member

No Outlet in the UK :(

19. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

I don't know if they share the same inventory, but in the past they have generally had the same items/styles in the US and European outlets. In terms of the shipping, some people on here have had items from the regular online shop shipped from the Netherlands to the US. I know that I have, so I suspect there is some overlap of inventory.

20. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

Can't barely see anything through proxy... :(