• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

keepsake89

Reaction score
Last edited:

slickslickslick

Reaction score
looking to buy first blazer.. which one should I get?

$299: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jackets/sienna-blue-faux-uni/C818I.html?cgid=Jackets&srule=PriceAsc

$399: http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jackets/havana-navy-plain/C847I.html?cgid=Jackets&srule=PriceAsc

I wear size 34.
I plan on lifting weights and gaining about 8 more pounds of super lean muscle.
When that happens, can these jackets be let out an inch or 2?

The Havana for sure; that color will serve you well for many years to come. The Sienna is a steal in terms of price, yes, but that isn't a conventional enough choice for blazer to be used for building a wardrobe.

Regarding the size... tough to say. It depends on how you currently fit into the size you order as well as much larger (and where, of course) the additional muscle impacts you.

keepsake89

Reaction score
What makes it unconventional; the ticket pocket or color? Both?

Do you know if both of these jackets are half canvassed?

Last edited:

fieldofdreams

Reaction score

What makes it unconventional; the ticket pocket or color? Both?

Do you know if both of these jackets are half canvassed?

Siennas have flap pockets. Most on sf prefer patch pockets on their sport coats. Also, siennas normally have fabrics that are obvious suit fabrics, smooth with some sheen. Havanas normally have more casual fabric which works well for sport coats.

billbro

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Figured I would ask for some advice, before going through the hassle of buying and returning more SuSu suits - I can't try them on at a store either, as nothing has opened up in Australia yet.

So, I've been wearing Napoli's for 2-3 years now and they fit me almost perfectly - Size 44, if I'm picky I would take the sleeves up 0.5 inches.

My only issue is I have so many Napoli's in my rotation, I'm looking for something different to change things up. I've already tried to order the Havana separates a few times, but can't seem to get the sizing right (44 is too small, 23S is too large... going to order a 46 depending on feedback on here. I'm also quite interested in a Hudson I saw, but presumably I would have to go for a 46 in that too. Reason I like the two options, is because I've been looking for a suit with patch pockets for a while.

So ignoring the ramble above, is there any alternative to the Napoli in the SuSu line up? Short answer seems to be no, but happy to hear any thoughts (also ordered a York, which I returned, was reasonable, but the Napoli fits like a glove).

Note: my biggest issue is probably sleeve length, I'm not a particularly tall Asian (173cm) so the shorter sleeves are optimal. I also typically need a fairly big drop on the suits (7), which is why the Napoli has traditionally served me well.

Also not sure if this is Australia specific, but there is now a "premium packaging" option and a small box option - I always liked the tombstone boxes I received from SuSu, now it seems like I need to pay if I don't want the suits folded during shipping :(

Last edited:

ino68

Reaction score
Wool chalk stripe is great for working on engines, doing some machining, or even in the boiler room!

What a steal too, just 400EUR.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
What are everyone's opinions of the new jort line? Kind of boring in my opinion. Not that I wouldn't wear any of them, just nothing really gets me revved up.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What are everyone's opinions of the new jort line? Kind of boring in my opinion. Not that I wouldn't wear any of them, just nothing really gets me revved up.

I feel the same way. Nothing exciting coming from the sports coat or suits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads