1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. monkeynuts

monkeynuts Well-Known Member

isn't the code always FIRSTACCESS

2. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior member

I had the chance to go to The Netherlands this week for work and got to check out two stores: one in The Hague and the other in the airport. Both aren't very large stores and unfortunately, neither had any waistcoats to show and most of their dress shirts were of the wrong size. Overcoats were also limited. Fortunately, I nabbed the brown cashmere overcoat cashmere overcoat in my size for around €440 after VAT refund. Really like how the material moves. Is cashmere going to be too hot for LA weather year round? Is it hotter than wool or merino wool or other fabrics?

Oh the sales associate also said that the outlet for Europe would be opening on Tuesday so he suspected it would open for the US then too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  3. Spex

Spex Senior member

I've always heard that cashmere is warmer than wool (probably part of the reason it's more coveted and expensive than wool), but I just read a number of articles that all stated that cashmere is about 8 times warmer than wool.

4. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

What's the policy of the online Outlet Shop - is it possible to return the items for a refund if you don't like them?

5. notdos

notdos Well-Known Member

No returns or exchanges during the twice yearly online Outlet sale, if I'm not mistaken.

Phillip

6. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

Thanks .. That could be tricky in my case as I tend to buy a lot of crap on impulse and under pressure knowing that lot of guys is browsing the same items.

7. joman8390

joman8390 Well-Known Member

I have the same problem

8. Feynman

Feynman Member

Is the outlet shop US only? Canadians out of luck?

9. Aloysius16

Aloysius16 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if suit supply pants always come with a good amount of extra fabric to let the waist out? The last pair I bought (Soho fit) had almost three inches, which is good as a 34 fits my seat and hips but I need almost 36 for the waist. I might buy more 'blind' if the outlet opens but wouldn't want to discover that some come without the extra fabric I need,

10. angelescrest

angelescrest Senior member

How the material moves? Because it's a lighter weight fabric? All their overcoats are a lot lighter than most overcoats, which means they're not as warm and they're cheaper to make/sell.

Having lived in LA for many years, you'll be fine in the winter. But year round overcoat? I've never heard of such a thing! But if anything, cashmere's not as good of a material as wool for an overcoat for durability reasons. On hot summer days if I have to wear a jacket it's linen or cotton, but even then it's toasty in LA.

11. nttdocomo

nttdocomo Senior member

Please just try to buy what you'll keep, guys. Goes for everyone.

12. kithking23

kithking23 Well-Known Member

Seriously

13. Alpha11

Alpha11 Senior member

You really need to plan your purchases and not rely on impulse buy. Women do that kind of thing NOT men. That's why the old saying is true " women shop but men buy" and I would add men buy quality not quantity.

2 people like this.
  14. mimo

mimo Senior member

Right then, fuck off everyone, Styleforum is now closed...[​IMG]

15. nttdocomo

nttdocomo Senior member

Impulse buying is fine, but when I see people trying to make money on eBay when people would genuinely have bought and worn a discounted outlet item, I get a little snarky.

I dunno. It just cheeses me off.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  16. h3ro

h3ro Well-Known Member

A person's sex has nothing to do with their ability to make smart and informed purchases.

Has any one seen the grey birdseye Madison that is currently on the site in person? If so, hows the material feel? I like the texture of the suit.

2 people like this.
  17. professorclee

professorclee Senior member

Susu encourages the buy to try approach in their regular online sales since purchases and returns are free. One can just buy multiple sizes, fits and colors to see what works. A change of approach is needed for the outlet.

18. nttdocomo

nttdocomo Senior member

Agree completely. I try a fair few of their suits per year; but I have only managed one outlet run (they don't seem to do a UK one). I also saw a few things I liked on the US outlet appear on eBay at full retail prices which I thought was just taking the piss.

19. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

The US outlet in 2013 had the same policy. And because of it, an ungodly amount of returns were made and the outlet was deemed to never open again in the US.

Now that it is back, they have opted to go with final sale to avoid that hassle again. Essentially, customers ruined it for themselves.

1 person likes this.
  20. professorclee

professorclee Senior member

Buyer remorse, realization that what they bought was "outlet quality" that they wouldn't have bought it under normal circumstances.