• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

johnnyletrois

Reaction score
Really want to get to NYC so I can visit the store. Need a navy suit.

zero neck

Reaction score
I bought two London suits - one navy and one medium gray - no pics yet bc the sleeves are being let out by a tailor. I have to say, while I don't have much experience with suits, the suits I purchased at suit supply seem vastly superior to the Boss Black Passolini suit I nearly went with before my visit to ss.

Next buys from Suit supply will be a charcoal Washington cut (higher button stance than the London but I think I can get used to it) and a lighter than navy blazer.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea I'm having the same done as well.. the pants fit me perfect on the Napoli fit without having to hem or do anything (they came hemmed already anyways)..post your pics when you get them. Would love to see the fit pics of yours

So(cal)Steezy

Reaction score
I really like the brown napoli they have online right now. What do you guys think of brown in a business context? I only own a blue suit so far as I just started my collection. Would I regret buying a brown suit before a grey one? Versatile? I know blue and grey are the staples, but I think I'd look more distinct/handsome in brown quite honestly.

zero neck

Reaction score
I really like the brown napoli they have online right now. What do you guys think of brown in a business context? I only own a blue suit so far as I just started my collection. Would I regret buying a brown suit before a grey one? Versatile? I know blue and grey are the staples, but I think I'd look more distinct/handsome in brown quite honestly.

Seems to me that it would depend on what kind of business, but brown works. However, you'll probably get a good deal more use out of a charcoal or a medium gray suit.

That said, if you can pull off a brown suit, you'll be fine either way.

bluesman528

Reaction score

Brown is a wonderful suit color for all people with appropriate complexion and hair color wearing suits most days and having 6+ of them in their wardrobe. If you are working in a very conservative environment (law, finance) it can be a problem even if it is not expressed openly. A brown suit will also be better remembered what can be an issue if you have only two suits and have to wear it frequently. And last but not least there are fewer successful color combinations with shirt and tie in relation to grey. Not an issue if you like wearing blue shirts and ties though.

That said, I have two brown summer suits of my own, a plain dark brown and a light brown with light blue pinstripes. :) Both are Suitsupply Sienna cuts btw and I love them.

zero neck

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased a suitsupply blazer in half wool half cotton or other blends? Curious how they feel/what the construction is like. I have in mind the Washington cut, something in Navy or slightly lighter than Navy for business casual/casual wearing.

Thanks

wishiwasricher

Reaction score
Can someone confirm which of their suit styles is the slimmest? Is washington the slimmest followed by roma? And can anyone confirm some of the sizing? I am a size 38 so was trying to figure out if their sizings runs true (i notice some of the posters said that the sizing may differ from suit to suit)

Im tempted to purchase a solid blue suit and i cant try it oun so will have to check the sizing carefully before i buy,

zero neck

Reaction score
Can someone confirm which of their suit styles is the slimmest? Is washington the slimmest followed by roma? And can anyone confirm some of the sizing? I am a size 38 so was trying to figure out if their sizings runs true (i notice some of the posters said that the sizing may differ from suit to suit)

Im tempted to purchase a solid blue suit and i cant try it oun so will have to check the sizing carefully before i buy,

Napoli is slimmer than Washington, Washington is a more american-traditional style suit.

Pretty much any of the ones with Italian names are slimmer cut.

steffenbp11

Reaction score
just received my Siena wool-linen blend today. My first suitsupply order and I must say I´m pretty impressed. I don't know how it stands up to Canali, Corneliani and the like, but it feels sfar superior to Boss, Lindeberg, Z.Zegna etc. And at a much more competitive price (sans discount). It's pretty slim, but not skinny fit.

I need to hem the pants and have them taken in a cm or two in the waist, but that is more or less it I think. Even the sleeves with the dreaded working button holes fit. I posted a couple of poor bathroom shots below

I bought a (european) 46. I ´m 6ft and weigh around 155 lbs. I bought a few ties too, that were a bit hit and miss, but ok. I'm really tempted to order one of the navy linen sports coats in the near future..

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That looks good steffan.. Ill post mine today when I get it from the tailors.. Mine was a Napoli cut.. it fits very well.. the only part that does not fit as well is the sleeve pitch.. its off a little bit.. Zero Neck, I was under the impression that the Washington was a little slimmer than Napoli.. atleast what I was told by customer service when I gave them my measurements.. Does anyone have experience with their shoes? In terms of construction.. what brand of shoe would you compare it too? Are the shoes slim and tapered or are they along the styles of Allen Edmond's?

sns23

Reaction score

That looks good steffan.. Ill post mine today when I get it from the tailors.. Mine was a Napoli cut.. it fits very well.. the only part that does not fit as well is the sleeve pitch.. its off a little bit.. Zero Neck, I was under the impression that the Washington was a little slimmer than Napoli.. atleast what I was told by customer service when I gave them my measurements.. Does anyone have experience with their shoes? In terms of construction.. what brand of shoe would you compare it too? Are the shoes slim and tapered or are they along the styles of Allen Edmond's?

Yes, according to the website, the Washington is the slimmest cut

zero neck

Reaction score
Steffan that looks like a good fit.

@Chocsosa - not sure if Washington is slimmer than Napoli - my statement was made based on what I tried on at the NYC store. The reason is, I'm broad in the shoulders and have gained some weight in the last few months - so i'm about 5'10, 190-200 lbs fluctuating. I have a serious belly right now.

The Washington and the London were the only Suit Supply cuts I could fit into - And I didnt find either to be slim cut, more so a traditional cut. Napoli and Sienna cuts were cut, at least, slimmer in the shoulders, such that I couldnt even really fit into one.

For reference purposes, i fit into the 44s in both Washington and London suits, whereas I would normally wear (in boss or some other regular otr brand) a 42r or 43r.

Not sure if any of that helps tho.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea I purchased the Napoli cut in a 46L which I am typically and it fit well in the shoulders.. the only problem that I have is the sleeve pitch..I am more of an athletic physique with broad shoulders decent sized chest and a flatter slimmer waist..a 46inch chest and 38 waist.. so I wonder how the Washington cut would fit me.. but it does help@ Zero Neck.. thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads