1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

What are some good Havana sport coats? Would be my first sport coats as I want to step up my game at work. Even though no one wears jackets or suits I think a Havana sport coat might be okay since it is so relaxed.

So I'm wanting non bold fabrics but also not something that would look like an orphaned suit jacket. I want a navy coat with texture but not sure which ones are good.

2. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

1 person likes this.
  3. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

1 person likes this.
  4. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

Here are 2 fits with this jacket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. ScofieldReturns

ScofieldReturns Senior member

6. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Do you have any zoomed out shots?

7. kithking23

kithking23 Well-Known Member

Employees typically do not know themselves until it happens,I know a few that work for SS and didn't know last year.

8. nttdocomo

nttdocomo Senior member

Separates do tend to look better with a bit of texture/pattern. The patch pockets help, but a havana in Worsted is going to look like a misplaced suit jacket.

Mind you, everyone at work refers to me "wearing a suit" when I have only actually done so once since my interview. No-one (hardly anyone in the public) knows the difference and calls a jacket and tie without jeans, a suit. Terrible times.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. nttdocomo

nttdocomo Senior member

This

10. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

I don't have any zoomed out fit pics but I could try to get something together today with some of blue jackets to give you an idea of the color.

11. vriche

vriche Senior member

This looks a lot better than the short. Also be careful about how tight the mid-section is, that's hardly ever a good thing.

12. RexBanner

RexBanner Active Member

I'm looking to buy some dress pants only since I've already bought many suits from Suitsupply. I'm just wondering why almost all the pants are cuffed at the bottom?

I would like to buy something like this:
    http://ca.suitsupply.com/en_CA/trou...lor&prefv1=Blue&prefn2=materialID&prefv2=Wool

But I don't want it to be cuffed. Can I still buy this? Is there any way to fix it or is it permanently cuffed at the bottom?

Thanks.

13. Satmoche

Satmoche Senior member

Yes you can ! It is not permanently cuffed, just ask their tailor to uncuff them.

14. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

Guys, I plan on going via 'design your own suit' route as I was pretty happy with how the custom made shirt came up.

Being that I have the athletic build and quite a drop - 40 chest - 31 waist, I was thinking of order the jacket and trousers separately and enjoy the process of choosing the fabric and colour.

I do not plan on wearing the belt anymore as I always find it to pull down the trousers to my hips and do not like the extra weight on the waist. Instead I am about to start wearing the suspenders. Do you know if the all SS suits have the pre-installed suspender buttons to the trousers or this is something I should specify in the process?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  15. Jeroen Vriend

Jeroen Vriend Senior member

You should specify the suspender buttons

1 person likes this.
  16. RexBanner

RexBanner Active Member

But I'm buying it online. How do I tell them?

17. Satmoche

Satmoche Senior member

Ask your tailor / alteratonist to do it once received. It should not be too expensive.

18. RexBanner

RexBanner Active Member

And there won't be any marks or anything left from the original cuff?

Thanks a lot for the answers! I've never had pants that come cuffed already so I have no idea lol.

19. Jeroen Vriend

Jeroen Vriend Senior member

There will be no marks visible

20. Satmoche

Satmoche Senior member

As said above, you will not see any marks. You can though when you have worn the pants for a little while, then that can leave marks because of dirt, dust etc... But these are brand new so you are good.