1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. kjmac

kjmac Member

heh, thank you, yes I was referring to you. I have a jacket that appears to do the same thing but when you pull on the fabric, the divot appearance goes away, wonder if it's the exact same issue.

2. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Here is the 40R in Washington. The 40L is definitely too long. I am usually a 40R in other makes. The fit looks good of course the pants will be hemmed. Everything seems good with jacket too to my eye except there is something going on with the shoulder or something which is causing there to be creases in the arms? What is the reason for this? Can this be fixed by some sort of alteration? Or is this the best I can do OTR in Washington?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. KWang94

KWang94 Well-Known Member

Jacket looks really clean from the back, brother. Believe the shoulder issue has to do with the width of the arm hole. Someone feel free to correct me.

1 person likes this.
  4. nttdocomo

nttdocomo Senior member

Are lapels the same width on the taller suits? My annoyance is that at 6'3" I need large lapels but it's the smaller guys getting better lapels and collar point lengths on their shirts.

5. nttdocomo

nttdocomo Senior member

Yes it's width and possibly a touch of pitch. Definitely the best he'll do with suit supply rtw. Most of mine are better, but a couple have dimples. I've learned to live with it though; most people dress like garbage anyway.

6. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

Does anyone have a status on the SS Outlet? If history repeats then it should be opening up soon.

7. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

True. I just wore the suit yesterday at a wedding and mine fit better than anyone there from around 200 guys. Most guys either wear something clearly too large or clearly too tight where the back isnt clean at all.

Oh and i got so many compliments on that Washington grey herringbone. Most people dont even know about peak and wider lapels but it definitely was part of the reason for te compliments.

If Washington works for me any idea which other cuts might of as well? Lazio didnt work as it was too tight, i didnt like Hudson because of the pleated shoulders.

Thinking about trying Sienna next.

Also, when does Suitsupply get their spring and summer collection?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  8. KWang94

Sienna is a much more generous fit. I own a few SS models. In terms of least slim to slim, IMO:

Sienna > Napoli > Lazio > Havana > Washington

9. CMAc7

CMAc7 Senior member

This. If I remember correctly, it opened in Europe a week before it opened in the US back in July. I have been monitoring the forum for the Europe opening announcement so I could start checking the US outlet site. US outlet opened on January 5th last January so it has to be close if they are going to run it.

1 person likes this.
  10. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

I'm in the U.S.

I just went back and checked and I made a purchase from the outlet on January 5, 2016.

Cheers,

Ac

11. KWang94

Still salty that SS outlet isn't a thing here.

12. pomor

pomor Senior member

The outlet should be opening in about a week, like some of you said. I am pretty sure I know what is going to be in there.

Spring/summer should begin phasing in some time in February -- most likely in the form of a multi-phase soft-launch as per recent history.

13. CMAc7

CMAc7 Senior member

Well come on then, don't make us beg you.

3 people like this.
  14. tmai

tmai Member

I have a friend who works at SS. No wind of an outlet anytime soon.

15. ScofieldReturns

ScofieldReturns Senior member

really? that's such a bummer. usually the sales associates are pretty on top of that stuff too

16. Jeroen Vriend

Jeroen Vriend Senior member

Thats what they told me too

17. Sutipuu

Sutipuu New Member

Hi,

I recently ordered a Napoli fit suit. Still have the tags attached as I'm not sure whether I should go down a size for the jacket or not. Or whether this size should be altered some way. The jacket in the picture is 48S / 24. Any advice what to do would be highly appreciated as I'm not used to wearing suits and I don't live close to a Suitsupply store.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. vriche

vriche Senior member

It's kinda hard to tell due to a lack of lighting but it seems to be too small for you. But one thing that I can with 100% certainty is that it's definitely too short. How tall are you? Why did you go with a short size?

19. Sutipuu

Sutipuu New Member

Hi,

Thanks for the response. I can try to take new pictures later with better lighting. I actually ordered both short and regular, but personally thought the short fitted better as it felt tighter in the mid section. Here's are the pictures of size 48:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. rc121

rc121 Senior member

the regular looks a lot better than the short, taking in the waist is a pretty easy job for a tailor so there would be no reason to stick with the short.

1 person likes this.