1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. EUtroll

EUtroll Senior member

They normally try to steer you to the more "exclusive" fabrics in their MTM service and then I think you end up in that region.

2. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

That's what I've figured. She didn't specify a range though. I guess the margins on their regular offerings are better.

3. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

What are thoughts on a single breast peak lapel 2.5 buttons suit (Washington)? Seems like a lot of people don't like the 2.5 buttons on a peak lapel?

4. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

I have a Washington SC and like it but it feels at times they tried to do too much. Peak lapels, ticket pocket, and 2.5 roll is a lot.

1 person likes this.
  5. pleatedjeans

pleatedjeans Well-Known Member

I own two Washington's - they are a lot, but I work in an environment where wearing a suit is a rarity. Mine are grey flannel and deep navy, about as conservative as you can get in that cut. If you work in a suit conservative environment I'd recommend going other routes than the washington.

1 person likes this.
  6. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

lol you really just did that eh?

7. h3ro

h3ro Well-Known Member

I feel like it's their "Tom Ford" equivalent fit. More options for those looking for that aesthetic. I have two Washington fit suits from SS, a navy 110s workhorse and a lighter blue linen/silk blend that's great for summer weddings.

1 person likes this.
  8. Kelvin0683

Kelvin0683 Member

What do you guys think about the in store tailoring? Is it worth it or should I bring it to my own tailor?

9. monkeynuts

monkeynuts Well-Known Member

I only wear my Washington suit for special occasions.

Napoli for work.

10. monkeynuts

monkeynuts Well-Known Member

In store tailoring is okay for a simple hem or sleeves. I normally go to my own tailor regardless.

1 person likes this.
  11. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

It probably depends on your location. I just bought a new navy Lazio at the store in Brussels. The alterations I requested - which were substantial - were impeccably executed, at a cost lower than I would pay in Finland, and in a two day turnaround.

Plus, they enter the alterations into a database so if you get another one you don't necessarily have to go through the fitting process again. I'm definitely impressed.

1 person likes this.
  12. h3ro

h3ro Well-Known Member

I think this will vary by location. I've developed a really solid rapport with the staff and tailors at the Atlanta location and they are great. I haven't had anything too extensive done out side of hemming/tapering pants and slightly nipping waists on a few jackets, but have been very happy with the results and their willingness to 'get it right' if the first attempt isn't spot on.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  13. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

Philly store is fantastic. Highly recommend Taylor.

14. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

Reporting back after long, long time. After buying a bunch of stuff over the past years I did the jump this summer to get a MTM suit. Stores in Germany are in far and meh cities, Z├╝rich store is close but 50% more expensive and I anyway every once in a while go to Milano for weekend trips (dat food tho!), so that was the store of choice.

Had a first fitting which was very good and straight forward, I knew exactly what I want it to look like (grey, 2 button, single breasted, notch lapel, boring business suit but good fit) and the gent who measured me knew exactly what to look for and fix. Received the suit in September and am very happy with it, there's just very minor details which I would adjust for future orders. I'll probably stick with MTM and not order any RTW anymore in the future.

Also ordered two trousers when I was there to pick up my suit in September. Unfortunately their shipping company lost them and they'll have to re-do them, so I won't have them until January (heart breaking as I specifically ordered one to take it to my Xmas holidays next week) which will be a total of 4 months, normally wait time is quite exactly as suggested (6 weeks). I hope this will be a one off disaster.

15. rc121

rc121 Senior member

Anyone have recommendations of models that are cut or fit similar to the Washington? Mine fits like a glove with no alterations beyond hemming the pants but I'd like to find other options with notch lapels.

16. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

Lazio

1 person likes this.
  17. beyondmars2020

beyondmars2020 Senior member

I've tried most of the cuts available at my local SS store, and I found the Washington to be the slimmest.

The Washington also has a much different silhouette than most of the other SS cuts, with the structured shoulder, longer length, and peak lapels.

I have a few Havanas that I also like, but it's a much different look.

I'd stay away from the Napoli as it's a little bit fuller.

18. h3ro

h3ro Well-Known Member

Give the Hudson a try. The jacket waist is naturally nipped like the Washington. Just make sure you try a few different pieces in the same style. I've found that the Hudson is wildly inconsistent in shoulder width even in the same size/cloth.

1 person likes this.
  19. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Is there a list of fits sorted by slimmest to fullest?

20. fieldofdreams

fieldofdreams Senior member

If I size down and go with a long the Napoli fits about the same. So 40r Washington and 38l Napoli.

1 person likes this.