1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. pomor

pomor Senior member

I don't get bothered by the actual temperature but by the windchill.

So, if it's in the 20s F ( ~5 C) in Stockholm, London, NYC and Chicago, it would feel coldest in Chicago and Stockholm, but would feel warmer in NYC and London as the latter two generally experience much less wind. So for me, I like to choose something that would still look non-bulky, but keep the wind at bay. I also tend to walk briskly so I overheat if I have too much on me.

I do remember walking around the Red Square in Moscow in early January one time, and it was about -38-40 C, so you could literally see your breath freeze

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  2. pomor

pomor Senior member

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  3. dddibakar

dddibakar Well-Known Member

Anyone wants to sell check trouser in grey or blue size 26??? This may be the wrong place to ask but the website is all out of stock in my size. PM me. Thanks.

4. AlSailor

AlSailor Senior member

For SuitSupply suits, the trousers are hemmed, with no extra fabric for cuffs, correct?

5. Jeroen Vriend

Jeroen Vriend Senior member

There is 4/5cm extra fabric. It is possible to make cuffs of the pants need to be shortend. It is possible to make a "false" cuff if you have arround 7/8cm extra fabric.

6. pomor

pomor Senior member

Wow, today they added 3 jackets, 2 Soho suits, 3 overcoats and a new waistcoat.

I am grabbing the dark green jacket personally.

The gray Soho suit will probably sell out in a matter of days. $499 Reda. I would have grabbed it except I just bought a Reda gray Havana suit a few weeks ago...

P.S. I knew this was going to be a slow rollout. I mean, they added the first pieces of the collection July 31, and it's now October 11, and they are still adding this year's FW

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  7. groovingrover

groovingrover Member

Am I seeing things wrong, or does the grey Soho appear to have patch pockets in the picture with the model and then jetted pockets in the other pictures?

8. ScofieldReturns

ScofieldReturns Senior member

green looks great. i'll wait though, no way that one doesn't end up in the outlet

9. Eken

Eken New Member

I think the model is wearing the VBC Madison with patch pockets and no cuffs from the SS collection. It's very similar.

10. pomor

pomor Senior member

Doubtful

Things that end up in the outlet are either too expensive for popular demand (I am waiting personally for the blue Vicenza in cashmere that was 999 to appear in the outlet for 499) http://us.suitsupply.com/default/coats/blue-overcoat/J408I.html (When they took it away a few weeks ago, there were tons of sizes, so I know they have it in stock)

Or things that are too bold for most people (especially accessories like bags, etc)

This dark green jacket is pretty practical and sizes are already disappearing (but I am guessing they had a low initial stock and will restock in Nov-Dec)

Also. even if well-stocked, it won't be availble for outlet until 2018 as has been the pattern for the last few seasons.

11. nick123brown

nick123brown Member

Ordered a charcoal Washington that was in store in Vigo St store but not online, very helpful online chat lady :)

Hopefully they can bring the order up to 3 sizes/pay for one feature over to the UK soon!

12. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

Question.

Which is supposed to be more "fitted" the Washington or Lazio?

13. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

The Washington is "suppose" to be more fitted, and usually is but as stated many times here before, their size control can be pretty bad. The Lazio is definitely a slimmer fit as well though.

14. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

Washington by a country mile. I had to have the waist of my Lazio taken in, but my Washington was already slim enough out of the box. Not a huge fan of the shoulders, though, but that's another story.

15. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

Thank you gentlemen. I own several SS suits (none of the Lazio variety however) but it's been a of couple years since I've actually bought anything from the brand.

16. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

Do you guys apply the tie width/lapel width rule when wearing your Washingtons,Madisons and Soho's?

17. villagepark

villagepark New Member

I just got my first suit from suitsupply. It is grey check lazio. The fabric is very thick and furry perfect for winter. The guy at the store said that they can only make the sleeve 0.5" longer since it has real buttons. He said it wouldn't be optimal length but that it would be long enough. I wasn't sure if 0.5" is enough. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

18. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

Sleeves way too short

19. villagepark

villagepark New Member

That's what i was afraid of. Not sure why they tried to tell me with 0.5" it would be ok. It's 34r too bad the smallest l is 38l.

20. Jeroen Vriend

Jeroen Vriend Senior member

Sleeves are way to short. 0,5" wouldn't be enough and looks bad due the working buttons.