1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. pomor

pomor Senior member

I agree with the gentlemen above.

Hey, you know what though, I have a few outfits that I like less now than I did just a year ago (Jacket too short, shoulders look funny, etc.) However, I try to keep in mind that 99% of the people out there would NEVER notice.

2. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

It bothers me, though.

3. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

I just bought this in a 98:

[​IMG]

Aaaaand rebought this, also in a 98 (because of the same divot problem):

[​IMG]
    I hate you all.

4. VincentVogan

VincentVogan Well-Known Member

Michael, how tall are you, if you don't mind? I ask because I see a lot of tall guys having problems with jackets being too short.

5. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

I'm 1.88m. But in my opinion the shoulders of that jacket are a much bigger problem than the length.

6. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

Thank you!

The Havana fits me well and I've always been meaning to try out the Sienna as I like the styling.

Narrower shoulders might work, and I have long arms so I'll probably need to lengthen the sleeves.

7. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Am I the only one unable to select a trouser size when browsing the "Design your own suit" section? No matter what combination of fabric, fit and jacket size I dial in, the trouser sizes are un-clickable, as if they weren't available.

Speaking of which, has anyone on SF tried the "Design your own suit" section? Fabric selection isn't to die for, but as least you can order a jacket and size up the trouser, which is nice!

8. pomor

pomor Senior member

It might be malfunctioning.

Their IT people are doing something funky to the website since, like, Thursday.

First, I can't update my shopping basket (it resets). Then, the division into winter vs. summer is now deleted.

Further, the site loads 2-3 times out of 10 attempts.

Does anyone know what 'demandware' means? (It's in the URL when I click on us.suitsupply.com). This is when it doesn't load. I whitelisted ads blockers for the site just in case with no positive outcome.

[​IMG]

In the meantime, I am waiting for this coat to show up for ordering! (Although my gripe with Vicenza fit is that it is about 3 inches short for my liking...)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  9. pomor

pomor Senior member

Can anyone tell me if one can adjust sleeve length on the Merano fit coat much easier since sleeves are cuffed?

[​IMG]

10. Jeroen Vriend

Jeroen Vriend Senior member

Yes it is possible to shorten them

11. smansoor

smansoor Member

Trying to pick between 3 suits - the Havana, Lazio and Hudson. Was able to try on the Havana in my size at the store and surprisingly found the armholes very tight. Wasn't an issue with my Napoli or Sienna. Sizing up solves that but it throws off the other proportions. Does anyone know if the Lazio and Hudson have similarly slim armholes? Anyone else find the armholes tight in any other fits?

12. suit2go

suit2go New Member

Any advice on these two lazio suit sizes? They are sizes 36R and 34R. The 36R fits well on the body and trouser are good. The 34R is slightly tighter so i'm not sure if it's suppose to be that slim. Both sleeves are way to short in my opinon. Do you guys think it's fixable through alterations? I also don't want the buttons to look that off on the sleeves.

36R
    [​IMG]

34R
    [​IMG]

13. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior member

Suit2go: you _definitely_ need to go with a Long. Even if you could extend the sleeves, the buttons would be waaay too far from the edge of your jacket cuff.

14. suit2go

suit2go New Member

Wouldn't that cause everything else to be too long? Including the length of the jacket.

Sadly, most of their lazio suits don't have a 36L.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  15. jbarwick

jbarwick Senior member

It doesn't even look like the SuitSupply website carries 36L in the US. The long sizes usually offer a slightly slimmer chest and waist and the trousers also have a higher rise. You must have tough proportions to fit.

16. bc78

bc78 Senior member

I'm looking for a suit with flap pockets and relatively thin lapels. Right around 3 inches. Is the Sienna my best option?

17. pomor

pomor Senior member

You got it

18. pomor

pomor Senior member

J. Crew has really slim lapels...

I think even Sienna's lapels are somewhat wider than average

19. bc78

bc78 Senior member

20. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

[​IMG]

Been wanting another double breasted suit so just purchased this from the Design Your Own Suit Program. Now the wait.

1 person likes this.