Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. beowolf

beowolf Senior member

Yea, you are right it is not what I am use to when I tried it on, I am not even sure if it is half-canvassed. I was given a price of about $1,000 for MTM. I might just wear a suit.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  2. beowolf

beowolf Senior member

Thanks, I am still considering

Sent from my Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

3. filterq

filterq Well-Known Member

Went to SuitSupply in Washington and went on a bit of a spree. I got three suits, 2 in the Soho cut and one in the Washington. I absolutely love the Soho. It's a very slim fit and the shoulders are very soft. If anyone is looking for a trendy double breasted it certainly fits the bill. I wore one today for work and got lots of compliments.

Both are cut slim. I know they say 6 inch drop on the site, but they generally feel like 7 inch drop suits. I normally wear a 31 pant and got a size 38. Both of the pants were spot on and didn't need anything but the pants hemmed. Same deal on the suits. I only needed some work on the sleeves for the 2 Soho.

4. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

This isn't too bad considering Suit Supply MTM is fully-canvassed. Do they let you pick lapel style and facings, e.g. shawl lapel with satin or peak with grosgrain?

5. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Can someone tell me if Suitsupply does MtM with their overcoats as well?

6. beowolf

beowolf Senior member

I did not ask. I am going to check the price at English American in westminster, they have my measurements and I really like the suits I have purchased through them, especially after convincing Elio to make the adjustments I requested.

7. filterq

filterq Well-Known Member

The peak lapels are actually wider on the Washington Half than the Washington. I find the "Half" ones a bit too wide.

I don't think the fit will be quite as slim as Dior. I believe the Dior is an 8 inch drop. You can always have it taken in or get MTM if you go to the store and you really need it. You might also be able to do a cut like the Napoli in a lower size and see how that fits. I find most 8 inch drops are basically cut like a regular suit that is a size down with a fuller chest.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  8. yeeth

yeeth Well-Known Member

the Washington cut has the highest armholes and the slimmest fit.

filterq - i've noticed the same about the Washington Half lapels. Kind of a pity, since i was looking for a half-lined linen jacket but the ones on the Half just cross the line from aggressive to ridiculous imo.

9. kwookoh

kwookoh New Member

how's the durability of the jort line compared to the napoli? i know super 150s tend to be portrayed as flimsy but beyond just how fine the wool is, don't length and weave pattern also affect durability? i'm looking to wear it for every-other-day use for work. hopefully someone who's worn a jort can comment.

and when will the solid navy napoli suit come back on the online store catalog?

10. timotune

timotune Senior member

Is there a plain navy SOHO available? None on the website yet...

11. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

October 30th at 1:47 EST.

12. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Anyone? Maybe I should just call them, huh.

13. Rincon

Rincon Senior member

Thank you for the insight.

The lapels look a little absurd on the website, I was hoping less so in real life.

Additional question:

Does anyone know approx. how much extra fabric there is to let out in the waistband of the trousers?

14. axedatta

axedatta Member

I want to get a staple navy blazer, i currently own a Tommy Hilfiger trim fit basic model. I bought it when i was an intern and couldn't really afford anything for around $89 on sale. But now that i have a decent wardrobe/job i want to get a better staple blazer. I'm looking at the Washington model navy blazer, is this too trendy to be a staple? The only thing that turns me off about it are the peak lapels. But at this price point is there a better buy ?

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aai...350982265535/products/Jackets/zoom/c440_1.jpg

15. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

If you want to keep wearing the TH blazer and use the SS as a way to change it up, then sure peak lapels are fine. But if you are replacing the TH with another go to blazer, pretty much all classic books would tell you to keep with a notch lapel.