1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior member

I got this dress shirt from SS but noticed that it fits differently from other extra slim fit dress shirts that are in the less than $129 range. For instance, the width of the sleeves are wider and the sleeves and slightly longer. Anyone else notice this?

2. fieldofdreams

fieldofdreams Senior member

Does that jacket west warm?

3. hrefab

hrefab Well-Known Member

My arms are bent in that picture, not the typical statue pose. With my arms at my sides I'm showing roughly 1/4" of cuff. The cuffs of my shirts do have about .5" of watch allowance but I have quite the variance in watch thickness so there is no free lunch. For example a DateJust will slide right under while a beefier Panerai will stick out a bit. Matter of personal preference as well, sometimes I don't like to dig my watch out from under my cuff.

Actually it was quite breathable and I was surprised for a wool flannel. I wore it on a 70 degree day with a slight breeze and was cool all day. Anything above that and I can see it getting a bit warm. The half lining really shines.

4. adelaidesky

adelaidesky Member

What was the jacket length? Regular?

5. San780

San780 Senior member

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  6. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

Just got the new silk/linen/wool navy windowpane Hudson, I am extremely pleased with it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think I'll just get it shortened by 0.5", the sides taken in due to excess fabric at the back, and the trousers hemmed/cuffed (1.5" cuff).

I really do recommend it, as the fabric doesn't seem to crease as much as I expected and it has a really nice subtle glimmer/shine to it because of the silk (not sure how to describe it).

It's not as breathable as a typical summer suit but is more breathable than a four-season suit, though this is not a problem for me as I live in London.

Any ideas on what type of tie would go best with it? I've tried cream/light brown so far and that works pretty well.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    3 people like this.
  7. nttdocomo

nttdocomo Senior member

Lovely @MrTopCat — I recommend either a plain knit or a dotted tie with that. A big stripe might work too though...

Here's a bit of a dump from this week so far:

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

Just my opinion of course but it really doesn't look like it needs to be shortened. From where your hand falls and how long your legs look compared to the jacket already I think any shorter would be silly. Anyways for ties I would say a ligher shades of grey,

9. nttdocomo

nttdocomo Senior member

10. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

Looking at the picture again I think you're right, although I'll still get it pinned up in-store just to see how it looks, as this is 0.5" longer than my usual length (28").

Also the proportions may look a bit different when worn with separate trousers, which I intend to do occasionally.

Light grey is one colour I'm missing in my tie collection, I'll need to keep an eye out for a good one.

Awesome outfits! Dotted tie would be quite good, best would be a light grey tie with navy dots.

11. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

Forgive my camera.

Chalk stripe Napoli from the 2013 outlet sale:
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. davidazio

davidazio Senior member

Great outfits @nttdocomo , although I personally find the pocket square fold in the last photo too ostentatious for the outfit. Where is the black (brown?) knit tie from? It looks nice.

By the way, did your Boggi shirts arrive yet? Curious to know what you ordered.

13. nttdocomo

nttdocomo Senior member

Funny you should say that—after the photo I completely redid my pocket square to more of a puff-fold... much smaller and less "out-there". First time with that PS and that suit, so please forgive me. I just fancied something different to my default white linen.

The tie is the SS silk linen, in navy, which is beautiful to touch. Possibly my favourite tie. I cut off the label as it was in the way, and can't find it on the site, but if you PM me I can look harder through my emails if you need.

Oh, and Boggi shirts are in the UK—but I am in Vienna. I'll get them next week and will "review" them in due course/via instagram (martindesu)

14. davidazio

davidazio Senior member

:D I think the square itself works with that suit so I'm sure with a less flamboyant fold it will look great.

Thanks for the info on the tie, and I'll look forward to see the shirts soon

1 person likes this.
  15. nttdocomo

nttdocomo Senior member

[​IMG]

Boggi shirt (picked up off eBay for cheap to see if fit & quality was any good, and it was, so I bought some direct from Boggi as @davidazio kindly suggested).
    Suitsupply Napoli grey pinstripe (the one that comes in separates, I believe. In this suit I feel the canvas a lot more than my others, maybe because the fabric is so soft.

Not yet, but they sent me this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  16. davidazio

davidazio Senior member

Looks good, curious to see how they fit IRL. About the Napoli, I own one and have owned another in the past. Both had heavier /more canvas than any other suit I have tried from SuitSupply, including the Lazio. I guess its part of the more structured nature of the Napoli. I quite like it, but find I need to size down for the shoulders to fit well, which makes the trousers a bit too tight so I tend to avoid the model regretfully.

17. phsiao08

phsiao08 Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone have any experience with Suitsupply's eveningwear? I'm interested, usually a Havana/Sienna works best for me since I'm skinny and padded shoulders look a little silly. Colour aside, which one do you recommend? Peak/shawl?

18. fieldofdreams

fieldofdreams Senior member

. If there is extra fabric at the back, I would think having it taken in at center back seam would be ideal. That's what I usually have to do.

19. Incitatus

Incitatus Active Member

Jort at the office

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. RedRoadster

RedRoadster Well-Known Member

hi have the blue i think it looks great

[​IMG]

2 people like this.