1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. The Gold Bug

The Gold Bug Well-Known Member

Also bought it myself and I must say it's a pretty good buy.

2. Feta

Feta Member

Been waiting over 2weeks for the refund for the suit that they never shipped! If I did not ship a product that a customer paid for and then the customer asked for a refund instead of reshipping I would have refunded it right away. This is not a customer who has changed their minds or wasn't happy with the product they never shipped it!

Keeps getting the same replies, but no refund.

:Dear ******,

Thank you for your message.
    We will refund you immediately. Can we arrange a pickup for the shoe.

Apologize for the inconvenience.

I hope this information has been help.   

Met vriendelijke groet / Best regards,

3. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Dude. Something's wrong there, but SS wouldn't scam you. They probably shipped it and the package was lost- maybe they're trying to find it. Call them. Stop spamming us.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  4. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Yes, call one of the stores for help.

5. cyclingdutchman

cyclingdutchman Member

The other way around it works the same, here in the Netherlands a pair of Converse allstars is 60 euro. Wich is 76 dollar. On their website a pair cost 55 dollars.

6. Feta

Feta Member

If I look at the tracking number I can see that there was supposed to be a second package that never was picked up from UPS. That's all they need to know. I'm not responsible and I shouldn't be the one to blame for Suitsupplys or UPS mistake. I won't post anymore, but I will however come back if I get the refund.

7. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

They certainly are not blaming you for the lost package, and we are not telling you to take responsibility. You'd be fucking them over if the package was stuck somewhere, and it came to you after they refunded you. Be a gentleman. Give Suitsupply some time to find the package. You're in no danger of being shafted.

8. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Does anyone have some new pictures? We've gotten sidetracked...

9. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Feta, get your credit card company involved. That will get the merchant's attention.

10. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Here's a London cut I just got. Pants length has been altered, that's it. For reference, it's a 40L, and I am 6'3 180. I could use a little bit more room in the chest IMO

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

Nice! I was considering the London cut. I could use a solid navy suit and I already have two Washington cuts so I could without the peak lapels :)

12. Firefox

Firefox Senior member

That fit actually looks pretty good to me. I'm an inch shorter than you but about the same weight. I normally wear a 42L, and would have been hesitant to size down, since SS stuff tends to be a little slimmer-fitting. However, based on this example, maybe a 40L would work.

SS is apparently opening a retail location in Toronto soon, which I am looking forward to. I really prefer being able to try stuff on before ordering/buying it.

13. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Has anyone tried on their single-breast overcoats yet? My finger is itching to pull the trigger, but I really want to make sure it's thicker than their "merano" double-breasted overcoat...

14. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

@ hookem12387: The fit looks pretty good - a bit difficult to make out the true colour though. I am not a big fan of the shoulders on the London, but that is more a question of personal preference. BTW, have you guys noticed that SS have launched a new model, the Spalla ? I don't know if it is just the Jort that has had a name change though.

15. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

I've contacted SuitSupply support for help regarding my size, but he first recommended me size 44... so I would love if anyone from SF could help me instead. I think 46 might be too tight, 48 too long jacket length and jacket sleeves, and that 24 might be too big. My question would really be which size should I pick that would look best after alterations?

Height: 172cm (5,64 ft)
    Chest: 95cm (37,4")
    Upper waist: 88 (34,6")
    Waist (trouser): 87 cm (34,3")

This is me trying a size 46 Suitsupply jacket before any alterations: Question would really be if the shoulder width on 48 and 24 would be too wide?)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  16. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

Oh my god at the back...

17. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

I did alter it so it's not like the picture, but I needed to open the side seams, and the middle back seam, which is not advised since the jacket become unbalanced. Which size do you think fits me best?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  18. hookem12387

It may just be that this cut, or suit supply in general, is not for you

19. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

Based on 1 picture? As I said I did take it to the tailor and now it fits good, problem is that if I buy a 46 suit, the pants are 82, and can't be let out to 87.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  20. hookem12387

Impossible to say without an after-alterations picture. But it is possible, I'm not sure why that would be offensive.