• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

philippos

Reaction score
As previously been said all is half canvassed except Seville which is fused (I would avoid it) and Jort which is fully canvassed. Their Blue Line Personal Tailoring (sort of MTO with some possible changes) is half canvassed, too, and their Red Line Personal Tailoring (= MTM) is fully canvassed.
SuSu service told me via email that all of their lines (except the Jort) are half canvassed.

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have fit pics of their newer models?

Check one page back for me wearing the havana. DB is on its way to me (again, after the mix-up...)

I received my suit.  Took pics, but they look crappy; will take more tonight and post them, before I take them to alterations guy.  From my amateur perspective, I am happy with the fit.  Sleeves will need to be lengthened, and pants hemmed, but otherwise it feels great.

Edit: Posted crappy pics anyway.  Any feedback?

Hard to tell with the angle and stuff, but looks pretty good.

Last edited:

Prof. B. Bear

Reaction score
^ I'm actually quite surprised that the 40L Havana fits you so well. We have pretty much the same proportions (I'm an inch taller though) and was considering the 38L. Will have to rethink after seeing your pics. Either the jacket is a very slim cut or you have a broad chest (ie - around 40 inches).

Last edited:

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ I'm actually quite surprised that the 40L Havana fits you so well. We have pretty much the same proportions (I'm an inch taller though) and was considering the 38L. Will have to rethink after seeing your pics. Either the jacket is a very slim cut or you have a broad chest (ie - around 40 inches).

it's a combination of both. I have a trained chest (DYEL?) and the jacket is quite slim. 40L fits like 38r in my Siennas.

KStuff

Reaction score
Looks pretty good. Is that the Napoli?
Yes, Napoli. I took it to alterations (Paul's Alteration Center) and he thought it was fine, no alterations needed (he mentioned he could lengthen the sleeves if I want but it's not necessary). I heard him mutter things in Italian like "bellisimo", so I assume that's a good sign :) The only thing I have to do is hem the pants. Better pics of jacket to come tonight.

filterq

Reaction score
I decided to take the plunge and ordered a suit. I can go between 36R and 38S/R depending on the cut. I ordered a Washington and it's supposed to be a really trim fit so I went for a 38S. I found the cut a bit odd. At least, it's not meant for my body type. If you're used to trim fit being like Theory or Zara, go a size down. They seem to size more like Hugo Boss.

That being said, the fabric and construction were very nice. The peak lapels are also not as imposing in person as they seem to be in some of their photos. I'm returning the suit, but may be down in DC in a month or so and will check out some of their stuff in person. It should be a lot easier to find a proper fit.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This weekend I was in NYC and stopped in the SS store in Soho. The place has an open floor with lots of people buzzing around. I counted 6 staff members, all who interacted with me at some point and were friendly. I talked to them about the MTM programs. Blue Line was described as semi-MTM and only in the Napoli style, and Red Line was regular MTM with 2 fittings (in-store to check your measurements against a pre-made suit, then when the suit arrives they would make further adjustments). Not being from the city and able to do multiple in-store fittings, I looked at the Blue Line fabrics. The process was quite easy and took about 30 minutes. We talked about how I like my suits to fit, and then I tried on a few jackets to find the best starting point. The areas they could tweak are the sleeves, jacket length, waist/hips, and shoulders. He also noted some adjustment in the back as there was a slight roll below the lapel. For the pants they can obviously give you the waist size you need and then can add extra fabric to the length if you later want to add a cuff. Next you look at fabrics and linings. They had a suit book and a sportcoat book (the latter had several heavier fall swatches). The linings were all solid colors. Unfortunately the fabric I chose was out of stock, so my order is on hold pending new stock.

When I first arrived there was another guy going thru the Red Line process. I was browsing the store and couldn't hear/see all that was going on, but I did see him try on a few different jackets so perhaps that means you can get a different style than just Napoli. I did not see what other measurements were taken or where else you could adjust the pattern.

Also, FWIW, I had only tried Napoli suits before this trip so I tried on everything else in the store. I wear a 38R in Napoli, which (to me) felt similar to a 38R in the Lazio, 38R in the Havana, but a 40R in a Sienna. A 38R in the Washington fit a little snugger (as others have noted) and really I could wear the 40 just as easily. The Sienna has a softer shoulder compared to the more structured Napoli and Lazio, and I think that made the difference, Seemed like the more roped shoulder of the latter two makes the measurement just a bit wider.

Last edited:

steffenbp11

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on the light grey windowpane in the Lazio that Timotune wore a few pages back. Hopefully it'll arrive by the end of the week. Will post pictures when I've received it. Stiil a bit annoyed that there are so few offerings in this model as it fits me more or less perfectly out of the box...

johnbond8459

Reaction score
I bought this suit a while back when it was first released. It's fantastic in my opinion, I've received many compliments on the fit and design. You shouldn't be disappointed.

If anyone for SS is listening, please make more of the Lazio cut in different fabrics.

cwoodson

Reaction score
Long time lurker, but first post here. I recently checked out the DC and loved it. Layout is great, stellar staff, fantastic experience.

I am starting a new political job where a jacket and tie will be required daily. I'm 6'1'' and 175-180 lbs. The Napoli jacket is a perfect fit for me in 38R. I needed no alterations to it. However, because I run and bike often I have larger quads/thighs and the pants were initially a bit tight. However, the in-store tailor was able to take out a little in the waist and all the seat and thigh and the feel is amazing. Honestly never felt better in a suit. I purchased the navy blue and light grey Napolis that day. I am now buying two more to complete my work wardrobe. I am planning on going with the navy blue pinstripe and either the dark grey or grey faux. Just wondering what the opinion is of the folks here.

dark grey:

http://www.suitsupply.com/suit-dark grey-plain-napoli-p2525/P2525,en_US,pd.html?start=29&cgid=Suits

grey faux:

http://www.suitsupply.com/suit-grey-faux uni-napoli-p2505/P2505,en_US,pd.html?start=21&cgid=Suits

Does a four suit wardrobe consisting of navy, navy pinstripe, light grey, and dark/grey faux seem appropriate?

Comments, advice, etc. much appreciated.

johnnyletrois

Reaction score

Long time lurker, but first post here. I recently checked out the DC and loved it. Layout is great, stellar staff, fantastic experience.

I am starting a new political job where a jacket and tie will be required daily. I'm 6'1'' and 175-180 lbs. The Napoli jacket is a perfect fit for me in 38R. I needed no alterations to it. However, because I run and bike often I have larger quads/thighs and the pants were initially a bit tight. However, the in-store tailor was able to take out a little in the waist and all the seat and thigh and the feel is amazing. Honestly never felt better in a suit. I purchased the navy blue and light grey Napolis that day. I am now buying two more to complete my work wardrobe. I am planning on going with the navy blue pinstripe and either the dark grey or grey faux. Just wondering what the opinion is of the folks here. 

dark grey:

http://www.suitsupply.com/suit-dark grey-plain-napoli-p2525/P2525,en_US,pd.html?start=29&cgid=Suits

grey faux:

http://www.suitsupply.com/suit-grey-faux uni-napoli-p2505/P2505,en_US,pd.html?start=21&cgid=Suits

Does a four suit wardrobe consisting of navy, navy pinstripe, light grey, and dark/grey faux seem appropriate?

Comments, advice, etc. much appreciated.

I must have monkey arms because I am 6'1" / 180lbs and the sleeves on the 38r are just too short. Everything else is perfect, and I really wish the sleeves were workable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads