1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Egert

Egert Senior member

Looking for some insight on that riga store as well, not too far from Tallinn, where I live. Should try whatever is in stock on and then order what I like online. How does the sizing alter between different models?

2. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

oh
    my
    gawd
    this
    was
    covered
    forty
    times
    already
    :brick:

3. Rincon

Rincon Senior member

Anyone know how much room there is to let out in the waist band of the trousers? Think I want I size down on jackets for a more fitted look.

4. TM79

TM79 Senior member

If I had to guess I'd say no more than an inch

5. CousinDonuts

It's back up now.

6. flashkobalt

flashkobalt Senior member

Got an email from customer service that said the waist could be let out by maximum 3 inches...
    I'm actually considering sizing up to accommodate my thunder thighs in the trousers.

7. knezz

knezz Senior member

Does the NY store stock more than what is on the site?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  8. Saltricks

Saltricks Senior member

Less.

9. coop86

coop86 Senior member

Anyone know what happened to the grey herringbone Washington fit jacket on the website, looked for it yesterday and it doesn't appear to be there anymore. Any info?

10. silvercitynyc

silvercitynyc Senior member

This is correct..

11. filterq

filterq Well-Known Member

12. flashkobalt

flashkobalt Senior member

Quick question - once a suit is not available on the website, does that mean it's gone for good or do they do restocks?

Slept on one and woke up to find my size greyed out :fu:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  13. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

They do sometimes. Also, they seem to have removed certain items and uploaded a bunch of new products recently. Specifically, the coats section has changed a lot.

14. coop86

coop86 Senior member

15. CousinDonuts

Try calling a store, they may be able to track one down for you.

16. Feta

Feta Member

Sv: Suitsupply NYC

AReturned my jackets and ordered two suits! One Sienna blue birds and one Napoli grey herringbone. Will get back with pics. Will use the suits for work but my stepfather says the s130 is not so durable compared to s110, what do you guys think? Will only have two suits in the beginning.

17. silvercitynyc

What do you do for work? The ticket pocket of the sienna make it a no-go for any "conservative" office type environment. You're good with the Napoli though. Very classic "Isaia" type model of suit styling / construction.

18. Feta

Feta Member

Sv: Suitsupply NYC

AI work with sales. I go to meetings with other companies and negotiate contracts. Sweden isn't that conservative and most clients and colleagues are wearing far to smal suits and shirts with shiny blue buttons with some orange tie. So I'm hoping that i can pass by with an ticket pocket. I'll have to try it anyway. Maybe I'll have it for new years.

Just have to say that the customer service has been excellent. They exchanged my two jackets and one of the replacements had another size. They directly emailed me and made sure this was correct.

Now I just hope they will fit, the Copenhagen jacket was a nice fit, maybe just little to tight.

19. CousinDonuts

A ticket pocket is not a "no go" for an office or sales environment. At worst, a client will notice it and wonder what it is, then dismiss it. At best they will notice that you have an interesting detail, and then dismiss it.

1 person likes this.
  20. silvercitynyc

Also, at worst, your coworkers will look at your jacket and think of you to be "stuckup" and a "dandy". You would be shocked how much psychological undertones get communicated by wearing "too-fashion-forward" stuff at the office. It's fine to have your own style, but within conservative boundlines....

Again, though, this is for if you work in Legal, Finance, or other similarly conservative business office environments.