Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. vriche

vriche Senior member

Apologies. Done!

2. Turpentine

Turpentine Active Member

I find that a little strange. I just received a Napoli myself (42L) and yes, the sleeves are too short by about 1.5cm (2/3in) and I will have to get them lengthened, but I do have long arms and certainly never have had to shorten sleeves!! Anyway, I would agree that yes, SS does tend to go for sleeves on the short side (seems to be in these days). But may I ask: why did you go for 36R instead of 34L? If the issue is sleeve length, why not go for the same size in long?

3. razl

razl Senior member

Quick note about returns, sizes, and availability...

I ordered the gray cashmere waistcoat when the only thing left was a large. Looking at the measurements, I felt like I was between a medium and a large, but through the L was close enough to take a shot. Upon receipt, I very much liked it but it was definitely just a bit too big; rats!

Went back online and it wasn't shown any more and links to the product page showed it as totally sold out. I did my return as a refund and afterwards, like 10 minutes later, noticed the product page was immediately showing with Large avail. Maybe it was just luck, but it really looks like their returns process is wired right into the product quantity - something is marked as a reeturn, it's immediately avail for sale. So, I've pinged the page a few times and today got lucky with a Medium available and snagged it.

Note that the website only lets you sign up for notifications on sizes that are already available (you have to pick a size that exists to get a notification). That's odd, but it's how it works...

My point is for those of you looking for season and/or limited quantity items, it makes sense to revisit the page and keep checking. Worked for me!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014

4. Turpentine

Turpentine Active Member

Gentlemen, I am asking again the opinion of your esteemed crowd. I received a Napoli in 42L . That's the jacket size; the pants are a size above and they fit perfectly instead of hindering my ability to have kids... Regarding the jacket, you will notice a diagonal fold on the back, it seems due to my crooked scoliosis body with a shoulder blade higher than the other, what can I do... Besides that, I would get obviously get the pants shortened (gosh those are long) and the sleeves lengthened by 1/2 to 3/4 in.

Opinion?

Thanks a lot!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ScottMC

ScottMC Senior member

Very interesting indeed. I wanted to share some of my experiences with the intricacies of the online store. A couple of months ago I ordered a jacket that was listed in stock on the US website, but when it shipped I noticed that it was sent from the Netherlands. I was also not charged sales tax on this order.

While I was pleased that my order still came within 3-4 business days, I am quite disappointed that there are many items I would like to purchase from the European website that just aren't available on the US website (Jort collection). This says to me that international shipping is well within their ability, they simply do not offer the option (probably due to increased costs, certainly not logistics).

6. razl

razl Senior member

Funny you should mention that... on the large waistcoat I orderred, it was originally marked as shipped and to be delivered in 3 days. When 3 day came and went, I noticed a message in my inbox that said something like that they had misjudged and would have to get me one from their European operations. The message looked like a personal one in that it was from a customer service rep, by name, and with a phone number + extension to boot. I wasn't in a hurry so that was OK by me. I did check the status and noticed that the shipping had been adjusted and it was marked as coming from overseas. I'll also point out that from the time it looks like it left overseas it was to my door within 2 business days, so they certainly did a rush job to get it to me.

Again, I wasn't in a hurry, but clearly they did just about everything they could reasonably do to get it to me as quickly as possible once the "whoops, oversold" occurred. That's nice to know.

7. Rockslinger

Rockslinger New Member

I would have ordered a 34L if it existed haha but their smallest long is 38. How much can you lengthen the sleeves btw?

8. Turpentine

Turpentine Active Member

About 3/4 in, or 2cm. That's assuming you lengthen at the end of the sleeve
    , not from the shoulder (much more expensive)

9. L2Re

L2Re Active Member

I recently ordered my first item from suitsupply: a navy wool havana blazer in 40L. I think that the fit is as close to perfect as I'm going to get OTR but wanted some second opinions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Ironballs

Ironballs Senior member

Sleeves are too long. Other details are difficult to spot due to you taking the pictures and posing in front of a stained mirror.

11. L2Re

L2Re Active Member

Yeah. I noticed that afterwards. In the process of cleaning my room. Here are some new ones:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Turpentine

Turpentine Active Member

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014

13. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Do the shoulders feel like they are overhanging your own shoulder by too much? You could probably have a tailor tighten the back waist and back hips a little so it doesn't flare as much, if that bugs you.

14. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Can you have someone take pics of you instead of the selfie? To my eye, it looks a little big in general. The lapels are swooping to the side in the first set of picks. But perhaps that is because of how your raised arms are bunching it up.

15. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

From what I see, it looks pretty good indeed, except like Ironballs said (long sleeves).

Though, we can't see if there's collar gap, the chest looks fine and shoulders too.

EDIT* I just say your other pictures. No collar gap, and I like the shoulders. I think the sleeves may be a little full though, but that's just me.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014