1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Kind of annoyed they didn't restock that blue Havana jacket. I haven't found much I actually like from SS since then considering I dislike the entire Washington line and that's the majority of their stock.

2. yeeth

yeeth Well-Known Member

I was looking for a grey linen jacket but ended up with this. What do you guys think of it? Especially the lapels (since i have narrow shoulders)? I'm still deciding if i should keep it.

[​IMG]

3. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Change shirts. Looks bad against your bright yellow skin.

4. filterq

filterq Well-Known Member

I don't remember seeing a plain Navy, thought it seems odd they wouldn't offer that since I think a navy suit is the most common thing people buy. I got the Navy pin-stripe in the Pima Cotton and it's very nice. It doesn't crease like cotton suits you'd be used to seeing in the summer. I also got a charcoal pinstripe in a flannel wool. I haven't seen that on the site however.

5. filterq

I think the lapels look fine IMO. The jacket seems a tad long. Have you tried the same jacket in a short (or R if your in an L). It may suit you better.

6. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

It looks big/long on you. Lapels are good.

7. filterq

8. yeeth

yeeth Well-Known Member

i'm getting it shortened, but that's not the main issue - how big does it look? it's a 35 so i can't size down any more, and i usually prefer a bit of shoulder extension anyway. But is it obviously big in the shoulders?

pic below again:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  9. cuponoodles

cuponoodles Senior member

It honestly looks a size too big.

10. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

No it doesnt. A smaller size will be too tight in the chest & waist. It's long in the sleeves, obviously, and slightly long in body. The shoulder may be a touch large but acceptable, and we can't easily tell with one photo.

11. cuponoodles

I disagree.

12. filterq

It's tough to tell with only one photo. The wearer would be best able to tell. If you like it is most important. I think it would look fine once shortened, but you have to be confident wearing it.

13. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

I think shortening it will throw off the balance a little bit..the pockets will seem a lot closer to the bottom.. big risk, but most people will not notice..

14. kwookoh

kwookoh New Member

How did you find out?

15. timotune

timotune Senior member

Thats pretty much the one I want. I do not want to order from P&B because I live in Europe and they also do not have long sizes. Normal sizes seem to be comically short.

Srsly, screw Suitsupply for not making a plain navy (or air force blue) DB!!!! :brick:

16. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

It might actually be Nov 3 at 3am.

17. yywwyy

yywwyy Senior member

You be trollin like a boss, huh.

18. filterq

They guy on their explanation of what a "Soho" suit is on the site is wearing a navy suit. You should just contact them and see if there is one available. If there is I can't see them not wanting to sell you something.

19. cuponoodles

Seems that they've added a couple more suits to the site. Added a brown SoHo and a blue Roma.

20. Feta

Feta Member

Sv: Suitsupply NYC

AAnyone knows how the stock is in Riga? Thinking about traveling there and buy two suits in 56/58.