Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Wrenkin

Wrenkin Senior member

I have but Suitsupply refused to do it for me. I think they were worried I'd change my mind. Haven't worn the suit enough to decide whether it's worth doing.

2. Jeroen Vriend

Jeroen Vriend Senior member

It's hard to remove them without damaging the fabric.

3. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

Around 47 including the black Tuxedo.

I just checked the US site and it still has the pre-order option, which isn't available anymore in the EU/UK.

Perhaps the "full" collection hasn't really launched in the US yet.

Though some of those F/W suits seem like stuff they released last year, but have restocked.

That's what I was worried about.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014

4. rms340

rms340 Senior member

Any thoughts on SuitSupply shoes? Looks like they now carry a US5/EU38 which is extremely hard to find for myself.

5. Jeroen Vriend

Jeroen Vriend Senior member

Bad leather. Buy some Meermin's if you don't want to pay a lot of money for a pair of shoes.

6. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

You're right, some is last year's F/W, or staples that are always there. Just checked the UK site and see what you're referring to. I'm hoping they come online soon in 'Murica. I want that solid blue Lazio.

7. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Would you mind taking a closer up shot of the fabric? I want to see IRL vs their website. thanks!

8. citizenshame

citizenshame Senior member

I will try to do it later. The fabric is rather heavy and has a lot of texture to it. Great for use as a sports coat and very nice quality. Definitely not worsted as for some reason I had assumed when I made the purchase.

9. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

I'm wearing their brown leather double monks as we speak. I've had them for 2 years with a lot of use. They arent terrible but certainly not worth the $300 retail I paid for them. Then again two years ago there weren't a lot of options for brown monks in that price range. They crease and crack like crazy just before the cap toe part but they do hold a wax shine extremely well and the rest of the shoe still in great shape. Also they are blake stitched and several times my socks got wet while walking in the rain.

10. rms340

rms340 Senior member

From what I've seen Meermin's smallest size is a US6.5/UK5.5/EU39 and that's a bit too big for my micro-feet

11. NefariousSabatour

NefariousSabatour Senior member

the shoes stink, but if you're having problems finding shoes that fit, then it may be worth it. you can always order a pair and send them back if you don't like them.

i'd check with edmonds MTO first.

12. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

hi guys, especially owners of various items like @timotune

How accurate is the measurement from the web, compared to your actual item?

I have only one piece which is the cotton linen soho (sf club blazer!!) from the outlet frenzy last year, in size 52 (42R) which measures 18.7 inches shoulder to shoulder, and 46.5 inches around the chest (P2P), and 29.5 inches length. The measurements in the web are 18.5 shoulder, 44.9 chest, and 30.3 length. So there's a bit of deviation, and got me thinking twice from ordering online again. suitsupply provides very detailed sizing in the tag, both 52 and 42R is written there, so there shouldn't be some deviations common in italian sizing where their 52 is closer to 41R or 40R.

this comes to mind when, for example, I am looking at copenhagen's measurements in 42L and I found it overall too tight on paper... but hey, the soho I got was actually larger than expected, so this copenhagen might actually come out larger as well and could work nicely as a slim fit.

it is also possible that the cotton linen soho i got was the one that didn't pass the QC or something because of the wrong sizing, hence their availability in the outlet....

13. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

I think the sizing is not 100% consistent. I have a Lazio in brown faux-uni and one in blue birdseye and they fit differently. Part of the equation might be the fabric used. When I brought both suits to my tailor to get the pants shortened he suggested that we make one pair of pants longer than the other because the leg opening was apparently in a slightly different size. When I come home today I'll measure shoulders or something and try to see if there's also differences in the jackets (which I kinda expect).

But I think it's a common problem for apparel producers. I have 15 identical T-Shirts from H&M that I wear casually and to the gym. It's exactly the same model in 5 different colors and I have at least 6 different fits when it comes to how tight the sleeves are.

14. mbaltazar

mbaltazar Senior member

Well, first of all there's nothing perfect in the world, no two things exactly alike, so why should Suitsupply suits be?

Having this said, you better accept and move on.

I have 2 Soho suits (1 S120, the other VBC pure wool) and 1 Soho sports jacket in VBC wool/ linen. The only common accurate measure is the shoulder to shoulder at 44cms. The Soho SJ is 1cm shorter in back lenght and a little tighter in the chest. I think it's because of the cloth itself. Linen blends are more difficult to cut and work with.

From the 2 suits, the VBC pure wool had 3cm more in the chest area, and 1cm more in sleeve lenght. The trousers were also different, 1cm in leg opening...

Took them to my tailor, all neat and fixed perfectly.

15. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

+1 on the first sentence in this post.