1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Distinguished Member

^I think the soho looks great, have it let out in the back if that's possible.

2. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior Member

Your chest, traps and shoulders are too muscular for the SS cut. You get shoulder divots...What you need is jacket/suit with much larger chest dimensions. I have the same problem myself. However, the Havana looks best.

3. ChapmanCollects

ChapmanCollects New Member

SuitSupply is a very good boutique, but it's not AMAZING! You can find better. If you want to purchase a good cheap(er) suit that will last you a few years that's " in season" it's a great boutique, but if you want something timeless that will last you years and years, then I suggest you go and get a bespoke suit made for your frame.
    x CC

4. monkeynuts

monkeynuts Well-Known Member

agree u may be too built for SS, but nonetheless I think you still look nice Szeph.

Kudos to you for not skipping leg day.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014

5. theprorules

theprorules Member

I really like the fit of the washington and sienna, but they tend to be in bad colors? The napoli has always seems pretty baggy on me.... I was just wondering if a napoli could be tailored to look like the washington..

6. citizenshame

citizenshame Senior Member

The Napoli and Washington are on opposite ends of the spectrum of SS fits, so that's unlikely.

7. ScottMC

ScottMC Senior Member

Has anyone tried wearing braces with their Suitsupply suits? I am debating whether or not the pants are completely unsuitable for this. They are wearable, but would certainly be more comfortable with a higher back rise, and perhaps slightly looser waist. Any thoughts?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014

8. SamF

SamF Well-Known Member

I wear braces with mine. I would agree that they could do with a higher rise to make them ideal, but I still find them more comfortable with braces that with a belt.

9. GasparddeColigny

GasparddeColigny Senior Member

I wear braces with most of my SS suits, works fine enough. My older Washington has quite a high rise, btw.

10. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior Member

I'll take braces over a belt any day!

Anyone considered removing the belt loops on their pants? It seems like the right thing to do if you only ever wear braces, since it'll give a cleaner look.

11. theprorules

theprorules Member

H... when will suit supply release a good Washington or lazio in grey?

12. theprorules

theprorules Member

Also I once read someone would be willing to proxy a suit from the netherlands?

13. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior Member

@ theprorules

Try emailing suitsupply if you find something cool that's not available in your country.
    I once did that, and got a reply 3 weeks later where they asked what size I'd be interested in (This was some Washington model that they did not sell to us here, I just sent them the US link/model number).

I had found something else by then though.

14. Jeroen Vriend

Jeroen Vriend Senior Member

You got a PM

15. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Distinguished Member

Length is short by pure classical standards. Is it covering your arse? Will you feel conscious about it everytime you wear? If no to the former and/or yes to the latter, might want to consider longer.
    Also a little bit of bowing of that left lapel.

I can't get the EU stuff to load for me in the US....on the US site I see 19 suits in the F/W collection. How many are in what you are calling the full set?