• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your chest, traps and shoulders are too muscular for the SS cut. You get shoulder divots...What you need is jacket/suit with much larger chest dimensions. I have the same problem myself. However, the Havana looks best.

ChapmanCollects

Reaction score
SuitSupply is a very good boutique, but it's not AMAZING! You can find better. If you want to purchase a good cheap(er) suit that will last you a few years that's " in season" it's a great boutique, but if you want something timeless that will last you years and years, then I suggest you go and get a bespoke suit made for your frame.
x CC

monkeynuts

Reaction score
agree u may be too built for SS, but nonetheless I think you still look nice Szeph.

Kudos to you for not skipping leg day.

Last edited:

theprorules

Reaction score
I really like the fit of the washington and sienna, but they tend to be in bad colors? The napoli has always seems pretty baggy on me.... I was just wondering if a napoli could be tailored to look like the washington..

citizenshame

Reaction score

I really like the fit of the washington and sienna, but they tend to be in bad colors? The napoli has always seems pretty baggy on me.... I was just wondering if a napoli could be tailored to look like the washington..

The Napoli and Washington are on opposite ends of the spectrum of SS fits, so that's unlikely.

ScottMC

Reaction score
Has anyone tried wearing braces with their Suitsupply suits? I am debating whether or not the pants are completely unsuitable for this. They are wearable, but would certainly be more comfortable with a higher back rise, and perhaps slightly looser waist. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

SamF

Reaction score
I wear braces with mine. I would agree that they could do with a higher rise to make them ideal, but I still find them more comfortable with braces that with a belt.

GasparddeColigny

Reaction score
I wear braces with most of my SS suits, works fine enough. My older Washington has quite a high rise, btw.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
I'll take braces over a belt any day!

Anyone considered removing the belt loops on their pants? It seems like the right thing to do if you only ever wear braces, since it'll give a cleaner look.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ theprorules

Try emailing suitsupply if you find something cool that's not available in your country.
I once did that, and got a reply 3 weeks later where they asked what size I'd be interested in (This was some Washington model that they did not sell to us here, I just sent them the US link/model number).

I had found something else by then though.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Flannel glen plaid in the Lazio fit. Not sure if a 40R is too short for me, though. Thoughts?

Length is short by pure classical standards. Is it covering your arse? Will you feel conscious about it everytime you wear? If no to the former and/or yes to the latter, might want to consider longer.
Also a little bit of bowing of that left lapel.

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/suits?prefn1=collection&prefv1=Fall/Winter

Not much new stuff, but there are few things from last F/W which have made a reappearance.

It's not the FULL collection, but it is is official transition from S/S to F/W.

They don't have a date for a full collection as they like to add one or two new products regularly.

I can't get the EU stuff to load for me in the US....on the US site I see 19 suits in the F/W collection. How many are in what you are calling the full set?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads