• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seattle206

Reaction score
I went into SuSu expecting to get a MTM suit, but found the Napoli 40R to fit. This is my first suit after not having any luck with OTR at department stores. Was afraid the trouser wouldn't fit based on reviews (I can barely get my legs in anything), but it turned out fine.

Opinions on the fit after alterations? Thanks in advance!

zengy

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that suit is too small. You would need to size up.

Chest is tight – both lapels look to gape a little, especially the left one on pic 2 and 3.

Waist seems fine in the front, but way too tight in the back, hence the rolls around the lumbar and the vents not lying flat.

The upper back is not clean either.

Seattle206

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, guys! I will be going back to try on a bigger size. Hopefully they're okay with returns after alterations.

zengy

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, guys! I will be going back to try on a bigger size. Hopefully they're okay with returns after alterations.
They can't sell the suit after having altered it, so no, you can't return it. You're simply one of the many victims of bad SA advice. Generally, the SAs in SS are decent, but not always.

SS cares a lot about their customers, though, and they may be willing to try and keep you on board if you complain as the SA clearly is an idiot.

zengy

Reaction score
@Monkeyface : I see you have a Sienna up for sale. Do you, on top of your head, remember if the lapel width is 8 cm or 8.5?

rc121

Reaction score

I agree with the above about returns after alterations, but what did they alter? If they brought in the chest or other areas, perhaps then you might have an argument for a return

Seattle206

Reaction score
They can't sell the suit after having altered it, so no, you can't return it. You're simply one of the many victims of bad SA advice. Generally, the SAs in SS are decent, but not always.

SS cares a lot about their customers, though, and they may be willing to try and keep you on board if you complain as the SA clearly is an idiot.

Glad I took pictures at the store! I asked 3 SAs about the fit and 1 even recommended taking the back in a little more. I just called and they said with some hesitation that I might be able to size up if it needs total salvaging. Hoping for a good outcome.

Thank you, SF!

zengy

Reaction score
I agree with the above about returns after alterations, but what did they alter? If they brought in the chest or other areas, perhaps then you might have an argument for a return
It looks like they nipped the waist as the waist-chest-ratio is really small.

Seattle206

Reaction score

A lot of pins in the back of the jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics