• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

pants too big, jacket a little too big, shoes should be burned
man thats a lot of pulling. At 6'2" and 187lbs, you should definitely be looking at a 40

This.

The lapels bow outwards, meaning the chest is too tight. The waist is also too tight.

Last edited:

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Apparently, you have trouble reading :fu:
Wasn't looking, nor care about your opinion. For me, the pants aren’t too long nor is the jacket too big. I agree that from these specific picutres, the pants look a tad long, but again, they are not. If you think you know what you’re talking about after seeing one picture from one angle, I pity anyone who actually makes a decision based on your opinion or advice.
The pictures are for people interested in seeing the two cuts. That's it.
Please post a picture of you wearing a suit so I can see how you style yourself. I’ll refrain from commenting further until then :fonz:

No, I read quite well. I just didn't really care about your forewarning.

Putonghua73

Reaction score
Could you tell us price point of the models you tried on?

£299 upwards starting with the Napoli. The Sienna is £399 (I think); whilst the Jort is £499 upwards. The London was £299.

I popped back in today to have a look at their chinos and wool trousers (grey), only to find that they are waiting for the Autumn / Winter collection to arrive either Wednesday / Thursday. So, I'll pop back Thursday and the weekend. If the weekend, I'll pop into Ede & Ravenscroft first.

bbhues

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with their trousers?

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have any experience with their trousers?

I didn't get a response so I bought a pair myself. It's pretty slim. Reminds me of Mabitex with a little more room so it fits better.

Haven't worn it over time to know how well it holds up.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that they have gone away from the peak lapel on the sportcoats to some degree, but I still take issue with the awfully high lapel. further, some of the lapels in their new collection are ridiculously big.

I'd like to give these boys a shot on a everyday office suit, but I can't find something that stands out to me.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Apparently, you have trouble reading :fu:

Wasn't looking, nor care about your opinion. For me, the pants aren’t too long nor is the jacket too big. I agree that from these specific picutres, the pants look a tad long, but again, they are not. If you think you know what you’re talking about after seeing one picture from one angle, I pity anyone who actually makes a decision based on your opinion or advice.
The pictures are for people interested in seeing the two cuts. That's it.

Please post a picture of you wearing a suit so I can see how you style yourself. I’ll refrain from commenting further until then :fonz:

No offense man, but you have to know that if you post pics on this forum, people are going to comment on them. Asking people to not do so, won't prevent it. Next time, just don't share the photos.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No offense man, but you have to know that if you post pics on this forum, people are going to comment on them. Asking people to not do so, won't prevent it. Next time, just don't share the photos.

Even better, if you're happy with how it looks, don't worry about what people on the internet say

(even if we happen to be right)

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like that they have gone away from the peak lapel on the sportcoats to some degree, but I still take issue with the awfully high lapel. further, some of the lapels in their new collection are ridiculously big.
I'd like to give these boys a shot on a everyday office suit, but I can't find something that stands out to me.
There's one Havana jacket that looks ok to me. Most of the others look like crap for the reasons you said.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads