1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

This is exactly what I did when ordering latest jacket. Paid <£200. Prices are insanely tempting, not only Suitsupply but everything in €

2. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

I've ordered this pure linen Hudson.

[​IMG]

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en_GB/suits/hudson-light-brown-check/P4233.html?start=3&cgid=Suits

Will try to provide pics when it arrives.

Not sure how much use I'll get out of it in the UK though, will probably wear it extensively in summer, and occasionally in spring or autumn. Though I would probably wear either the jacket or trousers separately if isn't sunny outside.

I have a feeling it'll go wonderfully with the gingham check waistcoat I have, since there's light and dark brown in that too.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Just read this line on the description:

"This light brown Hudson fit makes a refined year-round option for any occasion."

I doubt it's a year-round option, unless the linen is a similar weight as a medium-weight wool, fingers crossed.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  3. fieldofdreams

fieldofdreams Senior member

year round in Miami

1 person likes this.
  4. fieldofdreams

fieldofdreams Senior member

[​IMG]

Received my SS 2015 Madison (P4206BI) It is advertised as Mohair/Silk/Linen. According to tag it is 40% wool 25% mohair 25% silk and 10% linen. Very nice light fabric. This is my first double breasted suit and I love it. Like most of their, suits it fits well (at least for me). The sleeves need shortened slightly. It fits similarly to the Lazio I own, but the arm holes feel higher and the sleeves are slightly longer. Overall I am very happy.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  5. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

Nice, FieldOfDreams... but I agree with the mate that was talking about how high the DB jackets from SuSu are. I think it, somehow, defies the purpose of a spring/summer jacket... which is to keep you as cool as possible while wearing a suit...

6. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

Looks pretty good.

7. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

@MrTopCat, would you take pictures once your linen suit arrives? I hope so... please haha
    I would really like to know how it looks without all the lighting and photo editing that goes on for the site.

8. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

Certainly!

From experience I can definitely say that the studio lighting and editing does change the look of the fabric quite drastically at times (Most of the time for the better though).

9. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

You may want to consider a Long also.

10. ferdsje

ferdsje Well-Known Member

Received my havana traveller suit. As always, looks a little different than the web. I found the suit to be more slimmer than the previous havana jackets i own, specially at the trousers. The suit fits perfectly out of the box, minimal alterarions needed only. Plaining to keep it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

11. cjmorris21

cjmorris21 Senior member

Quick question for anyone who has purchased or attempted to purchase more than one suit from SS in the same cut.

Have you ever noticed MAJOR production differences from one suit to the next? I just purchased two Napolis from the store and had them shipped to my house in Maryland (from DC) which was a lower price due to taxes.

I didn't notice this when I was in the store but one of the jackets is much shorter than the other, which doesn't seem like a coincidence now because I had to get the sleeves lengthened on this jacket and shortened on the other. I have four Napolis and this one is much shorter. I thought perhaps that I got a 36S by accident but the tag says 36R.

I haven't gotten a chance to measure the length because I am out of town but I just wanted to see if anyone else had this same issue. I tried to search but had no luck and really couldn't find any decent keywords to use. I am half tempted to just e-mail the corporate office instead of calling the store, they have always been really great in fixing problems I have had. They just gave me a free pair of shoes because I ordered multiple pairs of the same style and they all were damaged/blemished, I was informed that it was highly likely they were all tried on in a store.

Thanks for your help.

12. grenache

grenache Member

I had a similar issue recently with a Napoli suit. I have three other Napolis that I got last summer and the sleeves on the one I ordered last month were about an inch shorter than the ones from last year (all sized 40L). I had to pass on it as there was no way a tailor could lengthen the sleeves enough to make it work. Even the three Napoli I did keep had a fair amount of sleeve length variance. I haven't had the same issue with the other SS suits I have in different cuts.

13. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

Last year I ordered a Washington in size 32 and the length is meant to be 29.1", but when it was actually 28.5" when I measured it.

This year I ordered a Washington in size 32 and the length was 29.1", as it was meant to be.

Sleeves were roughly the same length though, and no other fit differences, just length a difference.

When I receive my second Hudson fit I'll see how it compares to the first one I ordered and post any differences/similarities.

14. cjmorris21

cjmorris21 Senior member

Thanks for your help. They are going to ship this suit to me; I had to take it back down to lengthen the sleeves even more and it just never occurred to me to say anything about the length of my jacket. I will measure it when I get back, my other three napolis measure from 28.5 to 30' in length. These suits are probably cranked out fast as hell and I would bet anything that each of them have different variations.

15. ferdsje

ferdsje Well-Known Member

I had experienced this before, inconsistence in sizing is one of the biggest suitsupply problems. Just ask the consummer support, to get a replacement in the same size and see how it fits.

16. stash

stash Well-Known Member

hey man this waistcoat looks awesome, does a great job of layering.
    I was wondering how does it fit? I wear 38R Havana (jacket let out a bit) and 40R Lazio. which size I should order?

Much appreciated your reply.

17. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

Thank you!

I would recommend going with 40R.

I wear size 32 suits/jackets and went with a size 32. It feels too loose if I don't tighten it, but it's too tight if I tighten it to the maximum, so I do it halfway and it fits superbly.

I'm wearing this waistcoat today so I may post some better quality pictures of it later on.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  18. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks man, looking forward to them.
    I ended up purchase a 38R instead, they ran out of 40Rs on US site.
    Is it tailorable? Any seam left for further letting out?

19. tautology

tautology Well-Known Member

I have moved the buttons a bit in 2 waistcoats, because my tailor said it was not worth it messing wih it in any other way.

20. HolemanN

HolemanN Member

A few people recommended I try the York for a lower button stance so I ordered one in Plain Blue the other day. The 40R definitely fits a lot better than the 38R. If I had a choice, I would probably prefer the shoulders of a 42, but it would probably require too much tailoring.

I still have a 40R in Napoli and Sienna coming so I'll see how that compares. So far I'm pretty happy with the York since it only requires a few adjustments. Just need to tighten up the waist, hem and possibly suppress the waist a little bit.

[​IMG]

Again, photo taken at knee height so proportions may look a little off

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015