• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Danno

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to think about this. Looks like the right shoulder is tight, but the left looks ok. Can't tel the shape because of the wall behind you. Plus I am tilting my head. You need to change the format of your pictures before you upload.

Does it feel tight in the shoulders, chest, or waist? Chest and waist can be changed. You also should have about 3/4" to shorten the sleeves before the buttons get too close to the end.

Yeah I'm not sure why its landscape, its saved in portrait and I tried linking it from an outside image site too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarwick

The pants can be tailored but the sleeve could be an issue to shorten as it would run into the buttons. I'd send this one back and get a 36S and 38S to try.

Also note for the next time you take pictures. The shadow created by the hallway makes it tricky to see if the sides need taken in a little. Having a uniform backdrop would help.

Noted, and thanks for the replies guys. It feels a bit, but not excessively tight all around. Lets put it this way, if it looked right, I wouldn't have a problem with how it feels. In my mind since I already have bigger hips, the upper waist gives me too much of an hourglass look.

I'd never thought of going short before. I'll give it a try and report back with (better) pictures.

monkeynuts

Reaction score
anyone know of any proxy shipping companies from Netherlands to US? what did people use last tmie

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Hey guys, doing an interest check . My brother lives in the Netherlands and said he'd proxy for folks who are interested. The way it would work is you'd just order from the site, put in his mailing address, then he'd ship on to you for shipping cost + $20 or $30. I don't know yet what shipping will be, as I just placed an order last night. Once he gets it and ships, I'll know. PM me if you're interested.

grenache

Reaction score
While this may be an obvious question, but for those that have had their sleeves lengthened, did you just live with a greater than standard amount of space from the cuff to the buttons? I have 3 SS suits that are wearable, but definitely show borderline too much/on the high end of shirt cuff on one arm. I'd like to get the sleeve lengthened 1/4"-3/8", but have held off so far because of the working buttons. Other than the one sleeve the jacket fits perfectly without any other tailoring so I'd like to address the sleeve if possible.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While this may be an obvious question, but for those that have had their sleeves lengthened, did you just live with a greater than standard amount of space from the cuff to the buttons? I have 3 SS suits that are wearable, but definitely show borderline too much/on the high end of shirt cuff on one arm. I'd like to get the sleeve lengthened 1/4"-3/8", but have held off so far because of the working buttons. Other than the one sleeve the jacket fits perfectly without any other tailoring so I'd like to address the sleeve if possible.
I just lived with it and personally it's a non-issue. I'd rather have more fabric space from the button to the end of the sleeve, than sleeves that are too short.Oddly enough the sleeves on my Havana fit perfectly and it was on my Washingtons that I had to lengthen the sleeves. Go figure...

ScottMC

Reaction score

I had the sleeves lengthened on both of my SS Napolis and you really don't notice the extra distance. 1/4 to 3/8" sounds like a very reasonable amount.

grenache

Reaction score
That's kind of what I figured (re: not noticing the 1/4-3/8"). Thanks all for the advice/thoughts.

Aulis

Reaction score
Just got a link to the outlet through Suitsupply facebook page. Works fine here in Germany.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What did the US to do derserve this
angry.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads