1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

WTF is gay-ish slim? Seriously, you have issues man.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  2. Pb924

Pb924 Senior member

My question was in regard to the actual leg...not the waist. I had never heard that legs could be let out... But it would be awesome if they could.

Also, looking for a solid dark navy suit supply suit in the lazio fit. They sort of have one now, but its kind of heathered navy. Hoping they have some traditional navys in the lazio fit for Spring/Summer collection. Does anyone know when the new collection drops??

3. PeAlves15

PeAlves15 Member

So I really want to shop the Outlet from the US... I see how its possible to access it, however does anyone know if or has anyone successfully shipped outlet products into the US?.

Thanks guys.

4. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

The outlet is only available in certain european countries so you will need a proxy.

On another note, I am wearing my new Jort Traveller for the first time today..Pretty pleased with it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. ferdsje

ferdsje Well-Known Member

I was told by the customer service that the new collection drops on stores mid february and will be avaliable online at the end of the month.

6. ferdsje

ferdsje Well-Known Member

It's the dark navy model, no? Looks really good on you. I was tempted to pull on the trigger on that suit, but i found the jort cashmere jacket that i bought recently to be a little slim (specially on the waist).

Anyone knows if in the jort suits it's possible to let out the seam sides?

7. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

Yes, it is indeed the navy traveller :) fabric not quite as exquisite as on the blue birds eye I own but still very satisfied with my purchase.I don't know about letting it out, but why not contact customer service ?

8. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

S/S 15 PRE-ORDER IS UP!!!

Hallelujah!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  9. fieldofdreams

fieldofdreams Senior member

The website is asking me for a log in, which i do not have.

10. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

11. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

Does anyone know what the lapel width size is on the Hudson?

12. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

A rather disappointing offering. Does SS phase in other products throughout the season?

13. Tristram

Tristram Well-Known Member

Measured on my Hudsons is 9centimeter must be around 3,5 inch

Best
    A

14. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

Agreed, doesn't seem anything really worthwhile. Ah well.

They will definitely phase in the less "out-there" stuff later on.

Is there even a point of buying a pure linen suit or jacket in the UK?

Lapel width on my size 32 Hudson is 3.5" (Widest point). Hope that helps.

15. ScottMC

ScottMC Senior member

16. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Yes, there's definitely use for linen, or a linen mix. I've been wearing linen from about mid May until late October. Wasn't it something like 18 or 20C in October? It's simply too hot in the tube, bars, etc. Hell, it's January and I'm still wearing Fresco. If I get a heavy tweed or flannel suit I'll make sure it'll be unlined, because it would be way too hot 99% of the time.

17. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

So it looks like the pants on the website are cuffed - am I right in assuming that they come unfinished when purchased? I really like how they use barberis fabrics and the pants come with button fly, side adjusters, and suspender buttons.

18. ScottMC

ScottMC Senior member

If you're looking at the 'Oak' fit trousers, then yes, they do come finished with cuffs (but they don't have cuff buttons as the description says). My size 48/32 came with about a 34" inseam so there was plenty of room to play around. They are some of my favorite trousers, I'm actually going to be sending them to Luxire at some point.

19. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

Thanks Scott - I am going to give them a try. Usually I buy pants and then have suspender buttons sew in and belt loops removed. I was thrown off by the finished cuffs and also the fact that they offer short, regular, and long options. Im about 5'9 so Ill give regular a try. Not an expensive fix to have the tailor shorten. Thanks for the info.

1 person likes this.
  20. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

I think I'll give a linen suit a try.

Haven't really felt hot wearing a suit in the UK (Never even take off my jacket) unless it was that cheap polyester crap though, but I think I have an over-exaggerated idea of how cool a linen suit really is.